Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . .... - Page 83

post #1231 of 8574

honestly 24/192 is also a joke for portable use. it is just a waste of space for on the go use. 24/96 is an overkill too! 

post #1232 of 8574
honestly, i set my cap to 24/96. I may acquire higher resolution files but they will go straight to
a re-encoder before they end up on my DAP/iTunes.
Edited by headwhacker - 3/18/14 at 2:24am
post #1233 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post honestly 24/192 is also a joke for portable use. it is just a waste of space for on the go use. 24/96 is an overkill too! 

 

True, but personally I enjoy "archiving" digital music; if I know a certain album was recorded/mixed/mastered to that very file, and not further derived from that master file, I'll buy the 24/192 format. That's the main reason why I have a DAP that can play high-resolution files. I think at least some others are "archivists" like I am.

post #1234 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Except AK240 and Calyx M, no other device plays natively DSD.

 

I personally couldn't care less about the DSD so I don't really mind. Even if it doesn't play at all, I am all fine with it.

not that easy to find any anyway

post #1235 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 

 

True, but personally I enjoy "archiving" digital music; if I know a certain album was recorded/mixed/mastered to that very file, and not further derived from that master file, I'll buy the 24/192 format. That's the main reason why I have a DAP that can play high-resolution files. I think at least some others are "archivists" like I am.

I always buy the best quality format I can find and downgrade it. I do that because I hope I can afford a desktop setup that can benifit from it, but meanwhile I have a hard time telling high quality AAC and flac apart let alone 24/96 from 24/192.

 

I am excited to see what DX90 is going to bring on the table. I once again will wait it out on the DAP market. I need a DAP with good UI, I have found good sounding gears and I enjoy them I now need a DAP that sounds as good as what I got and also has a fully functioning UI (apple been the benchmark).

post #1236 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Y View Post
 

not that easy to find any anyway


Not easy to find and even when you find most probably you will not reach to your favorite singers/bands albums. There is just so little content at the moment, I literally doesn't care at all about the DSD.

 

I support high resolution though since I could hear difference with my SE5way. Not a day and night difference but there was an improvement and that's why we are all here as audiophiles I guess.

 

Back to the topic, I guess/believe DX90 will have a similar sound signature as HM901. With the USB OTG support I might actually go for it because micro sd card + meenova usb otg (basically another micro sd card) can provide 256 gb capacity which is "ok" for me (the more is always welcome).

 

Does someone how big/small meenova looks compared to the DX50/90? In day to day life, would it prevent pocket use of the dap?

post #1237 of 8574
My phone battery is taking a beating with all of these apps monitoring the iBasso site for changes.... smily_headphones1.gif

Another business day has passed... Damn!
post #1238 of 8574

My guess would be thursday, friday. This way they can have time over the weekend to get the DAP ready for shipping first thing monday.

post #1239 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post


Not easy to find and even when you find most probably you will not reach to your favorite singers/bands albums. There is just so little content at the moment, I literally doesn't care at all about the DSD.

I support high resolution though since I could hear difference with my SE5way. Not a day and night difference but there was an improvement and that's why we are all here as audiophiles I guess.

Back to the topic, I guess/believe DX90 will have a similar sound signature as HM901. With the USB OTG support I might actually go for it because micro sd card + meenova usb otg (basically another micro sd card) can provide 256 gb capacity which is "ok" for me (the more is always welcome).

Does someone how big/small meenova looks compared to the DX50/90? In day to day life, would it prevent pocket use of the dap?

post #1240 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Not easy to find and even when you find most probably you will not reach to your favorite singers/bands albums. There is just so little content at the moment, I literally doesn't care at all about the DSD.

 

I support high resolution though since I could hear difference with my SE5way. Not a day and night difference but there was an improvement and that's why we are all here as audiophiles I guess.

 

Back to the topic, I guess/believe DX90 will have a similar sound signature as HM901. With the USB OTG support I might actually go for it because micro sd card + meenova usb otg (basically another micro sd card) can provide 256 gb capacity which is "ok" for me (the more is always welcome).

 

Does someone how big/small meenova looks compared to the DX50/90? In day to day life, would it prevent pocket use of the dap?

i got a DX50 and it fits in my pocket perfectly.

post #1241 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post


Thanks mate. Looks really small. Do you think it will create a problem if I put the dap and meenova in my jeans front pockets (I wear regular jeans, no loose no skinny fit)? Would it get broken easily or pop off from the player?

post #1242 of 8574
I think it would work fine, it sits pretty firm in there
post #1243 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post

I think it would work fine, it sits pretty firm in there


Thanks for the info mate. DX90 is in my list again.

post #1244 of 8574
I also use dx50 with meenova otg. it is very small, and it looks nice. but..the battery time is too short. approximately 4 hours?
post #1245 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by youkeum View Post

I also use dx50 with meenova otg. it is very small, and it looks nice. but..the battery time is too short. approximately 4 hours?


Glad you mentioned that, it's been my experience as well; shorter battery life because of circuitry in the otg, the unit do get hot but not alarmingly.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .