Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . .... - Page 69

post #1021 of 8051
1 or 2 SD sockets makes no difference, you will still need to swap cards as very few people have music collections small enough to fit on even 2 cards. I would need at lest 1TB to fit my current collection without even allowing for future purchases
post #1022 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post

1 or 2 SD sockets makes no difference, you will still need to swap cards as very few people have music collections small enough to fit on even 2 cards. I would need at lest 1TB to fit my current collection without even allowing for future purchases

True, but 2 slots are still more convenient than 1 (especially if one is a full-size card). You don't have to swap as often :bigsmile_face:

post #1023 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

True, but 2 slots are still more convenient than 1 (especially if one is a full-size card). You don't have to swap as often :bigsmile_face:

 

I understand that iBasso did not wish to develop new casework for the DX90, but I must admit I wish they had simply kept the same casework but slightly modified it by just making the rear panel 3 or 4 mm deeper (i.e. making the DAP 3 or 4 mm thicker). This may have provided sufficient room to squeeze in a second card slot (a fullsize SD slot, actually) and, as a nice bonus, room for an extended-capacity battery.

 

It's a missed opportunity, but nevertheless, I still appreciate the value-for-money iBasso are offering with the DX90.

post #1024 of 8051
Thread Starter 

To have made the DX90 for a larger battery it would also have to be wider and there you go, wider as they would most likely have used the battery for the S4. 

 

With the advent of the 128gb card, which I have ordered, I will be fine but I wouldn't mind an additional slot either but the DX90 with the dual core CPU will scan even faster than the DX50 so inserting a different card won't be that much of a hassle. Also, they don't use the slide cover over the card, which I find a hassle in the DAP;s that have some sort of cover. 

 

I also have no hiccups with the FW of the DX50 and although the DX90 will be a little different, and there will be some added features on the FW, I look forward to a pretty mature UI. 

 

I think the sound for cost value will be very good. For me, I like the size, shape and feel of the DX50 case. There isn't a great deal of weight but plenty of functionality. 

post #1025 of 8051

No, I meant a non-Samsung thicker battery, as was discussed quite recently, like an Anker 4400mah, or Hyperion 4200mah

 

But I'm not making a big deal about this, as, again, I do appreciate what a good value proposition the DX90 is. That earns it some slack.

post #1026 of 8051
Thread Starter 
Yes, the 4400mA is good. I use one.
post #1027 of 8051

ibasso website is down, does that mean they are making DX90 available for sale?

post #1028 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

ibasso website is down, does that mean they are making DX90 available for sale?


Hopefully ;) 

post #1029 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

ibasso website is down, does that mean they are making DX90 available for sale?


 



fingers crossed smily_headphones1.gif
post #1030 of 8051

Probably not... There's still over a week until its scheduled for release. 

post #1031 of 8051

Imagine they surprise us with 2 versions of DX90: The second has higher capacity like dual micro sd slots or something. Let me make it clear, they would earn a customer :happy_face1:

post #1032 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

ibasso website is down, does that mean they are making DX90 available for sale?


hopefully

still confused between DX50 or save a little longer to ak100
but if DX90 out I would be confused
even more -_-

post #1033 of 8051
Paging Soren. Heheheh
post #1034 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchaka View Post


hopefully
still confused between DX50 or save a little longer to ak100

but if DX90 out I would be confused even more -_-

Skip ak100, its a failed product

Should include Fiio X5 in your consideration list
post #1035 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post


Skip ak100, its a failed product

Should include Fiio X5 in your consideration list

 

even the MK2 version?

 

just wait for DX90 first then compare it with the AK100MK2 and X5

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .