Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions- New dac software! & 2.1.5 FW. . . . . . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions- New dac software! & 2.1.5 FW.... - Page 10

post #136 of 9305
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

I would accept a bigger size DAP if it has a balance amp in it...to complement that dual dac, using hirose 6pin phone out... but it would not be 500usd and probably half the battery life :D


You are describing the DX100 + or maybe the DX120 lol :biggrin: (oops, hope it does not clash with ...)

post #137 of 9305
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 


You are describing the DX100 + or maybe the DX120 lol :biggrin: (oops, hope it does not clash with ...)

 

 

 

                               :biggrin: 

post #138 of 9305

I have a sneaking suspicion that Ibasso will be adapting the DX50 firmware to the DX90 platform so that the DX90 v.1.0 will look and feel like a DX50 on 1.2.7 fw :smile:

post #139 of 9305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

I have a sneaking suspicion that Ibasso will be adapting the DX50 firmware to the DX90 platform so that the DX90 v.1.0 will look and feel like a DX50 on 1.2.7 fw :smile:


Does your sneaking suspicion also give any clue about higher capacity editions of DX90?

post #140 of 9305
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Does your sneaking suspicion also give any clue about higher capacity editions of DX90?

My guesses are as good as yours but I most certainly will be pestering Ibasso about this.

post #141 of 9305

Gapless is now fixed in v1.2.7 which was unofficially released today, so no more excuse not to get a 50, unless you're getting a 90 😊


Edited by MCImes - 12/28/13 at 11:52am
post #142 of 9305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

I have a sneaking suspicion that Ibasso will be adapting the DX50 firmware to the DX90 platform so that the DX90 v.1.0 will look and feel like a DX50 on 1.2.7 fw :smile:

 

I don't think you need to suspect it - it's almost a forgone conclusion that it'll be the same :smile:

post #143 of 9305
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

I don't think you need to suspect it - it's almost a forgone conclusion that it'll be the same :smile:

It will be the same. 

post #144 of 9305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

My guesses are as good as yours but I most certainly will be pestering Ibasso about this.


I wouldn't even care about higher built in capacity, as long as they have enough for the OS to operate on.  Dual memory card slots would be the ticket on this I think.

post #145 of 9305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

My guesses are as good as yours but I most certainly will be pestering Ibasso about this.


I would be a potential customer if they come up with higher than 128 gb in total (without OTG feature). Thanks for all the information and work Soren, you are one of a kind headfier in here. I see you in DX50 and other threads too, such a great work you are accomplishing ;)

post #146 of 9305
Thread Starter 

It will have a single slot. In reading report the 128gb is right around the corner and it would be cheaper to buy 64gb or 128gb cards that pay for it as internal storage. I prefer to use cards for the variety of music I have and now that the UI records the scanning on the card once the card is scanned, taking out and changing cards is very fast so for me, it is more practical to just have cards with my music. I don't really use the internal memory on the DX100 or any other player. I realize we all have differing opinions on this but using cards works for me. 

post #147 of 9305

I'm sure that's true but 2 slots would be a nice tweak to the platform. If not, somebody should work out a way to have storage for a couple more cards even if not in circuit.

post #148 of 9305

2 slots would put it in a category of its own, it's a lot better than attaching anything on the dap, extremely portable. I don't think I would need anything else space wise.

post #149 of 9305

8GB internal?  And only one 64GD micro SD card slot?  :barf:

 

Too bad, as I was really placing this at the top of my list for my next DAP.

post #150 of 9305
Quote:
Originally Posted by feverfive View Post

8GB internal?  And only one 64GD micro SD card slot?  :barf:

Too bad, as I was really placing this at the top of my list for my next DAP.
My money is on the X5, but I'll still watch how this pony comes along.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions- New dac software! & 2.1.5 FW. . . . . . . . . .