or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . . - Page 54

post #796 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

yeah the firmware will probably start of as 1.0 but will more than likely be as mature as the DX50 firmware.  Firmware changes were more UI/OS improvements not dac implementation in the DX50.  Such as media scanning, scrolling, tags and what not. There was nothing wrong with the dac implementation with the DX50.  

Except for one version when they most likely experimented with the slow and quick roll-off dac feature.

I can also see changes if they are going to implement hardware based DSD features. How about volume control not quite like the Wolfson 8740. I am pretty sure they'll operate some DAC controls from the firmware.
post #797 of 13841

hmmmm this would be interesting.

post #798 of 13841
I quite like the USB DAC function of the FiiO X5. I wonder if iBasso do the same.
post #799 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-Boffin View Post

I quite like the USB DAC function of the FiiO X5. I wonder if iBasso do the same.

 

Yes

post #800 of 13841

Can anyone explain the advantage of a dual DAC in a non-balanced output configuration? How can a dual DAC be used to produce better sound?

post #801 of 13841
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
 

Can anyone explain the advantage of a dual DAC in a non-balanced output configuration? How can a dual DAC be used to produce better sound?

Better separation of right and left signal, you also tend to get better dynamics, transparency and dimension to the sound, if done right. 

post #802 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

Better separation of right and left signal, you also tend to get better dynamics, transparency and dimension to the sound, if done right. 

Plus a better SNR but the whole thing is dependent on how well they combined the signals and keep them balanced. It always remind me the difficulty of keeping two targets in synch, a common engineering problem.
post #803 of 13841

It's probably a chip architecture option to get the reported specs so likely not a big deal here. Of course they need to keep things tight thereafter. I wonder why ESS decided to call the chip a es9018k2m instead of the es9012K2m. It's 2 dacs per ship instead of 8 and has performance that's actually a bit behind the full size 9012. Plenty of dac for this purpose and nothing to do with Ibasso or Calyx. I think it's probably an optimum choice, all things considered. 

 

jamato, any idea of this output will be capacitor coupled. Not a killer for me as simpler can be easier to get right but I am curious. Trying to efficiently balance supplies etc to defeat DC in a tiny DAP can have it's own set of drawbacks.

post #804 of 13841
Thread Starter 
No cap and no pop.
post #805 of 13841
No cap and no pop that is good news, do you think they can indicate what direction they are going with the amp stage?
post #806 of 13841
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

No cap and no pop that is good news, do you think they can indicate what direction they are going with the amp stage?

What do you mean?

post #807 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

What do you mean?


I know you  might not be able to get that information by what design and op amps configuration are they shooting for? I am pretty sure, it won't be the same amplification stage as used in the DX50, correct?

post #808 of 13841
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 


I know you  might not be able to get that information by what design and op amps configuration are they shooting for? I am pretty sure, it won't be the same amplification stage as used in the DX50, correct?

It is completely different from the DX50. New dacs, new caps, new amp section, same nice sized case, custom made to iBasso specs, very substantial sockets,  oh, and new sound. :^)

post #809 of 13841

Anyone knows what will be the capacity of the battery used by dx90?

post #810 of 13841
Probably the same as on DX50 since it's the same case
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .