I was wondering the same; what is the difference between DX90 on 2.0.5 and the DX50 on 1.5.0?
I have been comparing the two players for a little bit on Sennheiser IE8 and Philips Fidelio L2
Both Ibasso's loaded with the same music and fiddling a bit on the volume, to even the output because the DX90 is louder. Both equipped with the stock pisen battery
To cut to the chase; to me the DX90 is the better sounding player;
- It sounds more interesting, creates a truer soundstage
- has more detail
- less boomy bass, but digs deeper
- gets less congested with difficult music
- has better instrument separation
- sounds more dramatic, because of better dynamics
Do I find the DX50 a bad player?
Absolutely not. I think it is a very nice player. It scores better on price and battery life.
The reason I bought the DX90 is because I already liked the DX50 that much.(I guess this counts for many other DX90 owners, how many of you first had the DX50?)
The differences between the 50 and 90 are not day and night. It is the law of diminishing return, as always
Do I think the DX90 can be improved?
I have my hopes up for the new firmware. I hope the new firmware will sound a little bit towards the original 2.0.0.
A bit more punchy, but not as overdone as 2.0.0. That sound was too much on anabols to my ears.
When I compare the DX90's sound to my Benchmark DAC1, the DX90 would benefit from a little extra muscle.
I agree on what ne of our forum members wrote about the sound in 2.0.5. He stated the sound seems a bit drawn too much to the left and right and leaving a bit of a gap in the center (or something similar, my excuses if I misquote)
So Ibasso, give it your best!
There is a lot going on about the stock and original Samsung batteries.
I do not own an original Samsung battery, but I am curious about this subject, so I have two questions:
- Samsung vs Pisen, why has this never come up with the DX50?
- Do you guys who are experimenting with different batteries, maybe hear a difference when the player is charging, or connected to an external battery, such as a powerbank?
Thanks for any reply