or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . . - Page 394

post #5896 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnilKumar View Post
 

Thanks JK47 and others.

 

I do not see any issue with FLAC files. I am noticing issue with poorly coded mp3 (128 bits or so).

i've just done a little listening, both flac's and high quality mp3's and it's seemed fine so far.

post #5897 of 13841
AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! SPIDERS 😱
post #5898 of 13841

Love them pictures...though that's a dangerous spider I think. 

post #5899 of 13841

I'm getting one of these very soon. 

 

I just find the minerva custom mi performer pro (my first proper set of customs) have me listening more than ever before on mp3 players. So I need a better one...

 

Asked Ibasso for an update to the dx90 usb dac capability and this is what they said:

 

- should sound very similar / the same over usb to how it sounds when used as portable player

- 64bit system compatibility could be released in the next few days - they're just waiting for microsoft's digital signature.

- Will work with usb 3.0 sockets

- Will work with windows 8

 

 

Looking forward to playing with this thing when I get it.

post #5900 of 13841
Hi, just a few questions for those who used both a DX50+external amp and DX90 before. Is upgrading to the DX90 from the DX50 worth every bit of money that will be spent? Is the increase sound quality significant or not significant enough to warrant 569SGD for an upgrade? I'd like to have some opinions from you guys; I'm currently torn between the urge to upgrade to the DX90 and my wallet's welfare :/
post #5901 of 13841
I no longer have my dx50 so I am unable to do a side by side comparison. Is there anyway you can demo a dx90? I can say that I prefer my dx90 to the hdp-r10.
post #5902 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post

I no longer have my dx50 so I am unable to do a side by side comparison. Is there anyway you can demo a dx90? I can say that I prefer my dx90 to the hdp-r10.

That's a very big compliment. Is it just SQwise or general user experience like it is not a brick, easier to use etc.

post #5903 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post

I no longer have my dx50 so I am unable to do a side by side comparison. Is there anyway you can demo a dx90? I can say that I prefer my dx90 to the hdp-r10.
Yeah, I have a friend who has a DX90. I've tried comparing it to my DX50+C5 combo and I did hear differences, neither too subtle nor too significant. It was only a brief listen, and I'm probably biased because I'm rather reluctant to spend a considerable sum on upgrading so I don't fully trust my ears.
post #5904 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari50 View Post

Hi, just a few questions for those who used both a DX50+external amp and DX90 before. Is upgrading to the DX90 from the DX50 worth every bit of money that will be spent? Is the increase sound quality significant or not significant enough to warrant 569SGD for an upgrade? I'd like to have some opinions from you guys; I'm currently torn between the urge to upgrade to the DX90 and my wallet's welfare :/

 



I still have both. All I can say is I can't use DX50 without an amp even with iems. DX90 made me stop looking at the portable amp forums.

DX90 + O2 for my Beyer T1 made me ditch my Centrance Hifi-M8 as my desktop setup.

My JH16 benefits the most moving to DX90. It's more spacious and has better imaging and is now competing for listen time with Roxanne on the road.

Also DX90 is better driving T1 alone than DX50.
post #5905 of 13841
For me its better the the fiio x5 which I recently sold last week which have 500hrs and the instant I got the dx90 it was better looking feeling and smaller lighter and after getting new firmware and microsd inserted in I played music using my dunu dn2000 which I was using with my x5 the same songs sound more natural real organic better detail definition textures everything I want and it was already perfect for me out of the box😍... And naow having only and 20hrs on it in hearing improvements and enjoying it more and more 😍💕
post #5906 of 13841
Haha... Looks like it's bad news for my wallet.
post #5907 of 13841
Good news in my book 😃😍
post #5908 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

For me its better the the fiio x5 which I recently sold last week which have 500hrs and the instant I got the dx90 it was better looking feeling and smaller lighter and after getting new firmware and microsd inserted in I played music using my dunu dn2000 which I was using with my x5 the same songs sound more natural real organic better detail definition textures everything I want and it was already perfect for me out of the box😍... And naow having only and 20hrs on it in hearing improvements and enjoying it more and more 😍💕

It's only getting better and your experience mimicked mine. I didn't own an X5 but after hearing both personally, had the same clear preference.

post #5909 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari50 View Post

Haha... Looks like it's bad news for my wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Good news in my book 😃😍

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

It's only getting better and your experience mimicked mine. I didn't own an X5 but after hearing both personally, had the same clear preference.

I guess we are all different with different hardware (phones). It depends what equipment you have, in my case the X5 is very good and at times I prefer it over the DX90, it's a more complete player function wise and the amp stage is no slouch either. The beauty of having a few players is you start seeing they usefulness of them in different situation.
post #5910 of 13841
I'm probably going to try comparing both the DX90 and X5 before deciding. I tried listening to the X5 once and I though that it had quite black a background and rather accurate imaging. It's like the performers are performing in a studio, just for you. Not saying the soundstage is small; the soundstage is intimate (I found it quite pleasing). To me the DX90 sounded as if could bring out micro-details almost effortlessly (you can hear fingers rubbing against the strings of an acoustic guitar on the DX90 more easily than on the DX50). I didn't think the soundstage was *huge*, maybe just larger than average (maybe a few rows away from the stage). Imaging was about the same as the X5, if I remebered correctly. All IMHO. Just gonna have to try them both again to refresh my memory.

EDIT: Oh how could I have forgotten to mention the really good sub-bass extension on the DX90!
Edited by hikari50 - 6/3/14 at 4:52am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .