or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . . - Page 388

post #5806 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post

I never said it is quiet,but its quieter than the LO when at max vol.
Thats just a fact.
I use 71A,pure ii,shadow,pha2 etc..no point in a pure LO in this case imo

I'm not sure which fact you are talking about. But there is something wrong with your setup if you feel you need to use HO over LO when connecting to an amp. You didn't set the gain switch to max do you?
post #5807 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

I'm not sure which fact you are talking about. But there is something wrong with your setup if you feel you need to use HO over LO when connecting to an amp. You didn't set the gain switch to max do you?
Why not?
post #5808 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post

Why not?

high gain can put out 2.8Vrms. It can overload, clip your amp if the gain is not matching.
post #5809 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

high gain can put out 2.8Vrms. It can overload, clip your amp if the gain is not matching.[/quote
I see,but no it does not.
I will do further testing but for the moment see no point in two holes,tho it doesn't bother me, it just would have been nice to have a non vol controlled line out,x5 had a better LO imo,so does 901 tru the HO
post #5810 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

I don't think you understand the concept of a line out and/or double amping. 

That's the problem when you give someone too many outputs, one is bound to plug their gear in the wrong one. biggrin.gif
Edited by musicheaven - 5/30/14 at 4:48am
post #5811 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


That's the problem when you give someone too many outpurs, one is bound to plug their gear in the wrong one. biggrin.gif

Next thing you know people will be complaining the DX90s are broken because there is no sound coming out of the coaxial jack lol :wink_face:

post #5812 of 13841
My god,really guys???
U r taking the Mickey with a fellow headfier like that for expressing the opinion.hmm
Nice forum,nice people no doubt
post #5813 of 13841
Nop just like throwing a little farce, you gotta lighten up else ulcers gonna have the better of you. wink.gif
post #5814 of 13841
Well im glad ur all so convinced that everything sold to u is gold.
Go buy the ak680 for 10 000
post #5815 of 13841
When
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post

My god,really guys???
U r taking the Mickey with a fellow headfier like that for expressing the opinion.hmm
Nice forum,nice people no doubt

When you connect to the LO, the volume control is in essence a gain control.
The fact that the gain can be adjusted is very handy.

What is your normal listening level?
With the lo connected to my intruder, it can reach ear bleed levels....

When I use my intruder as a dac connected to my new Dell, the volume is very low... the low voltage usb output from the laptop is not allowing it to reach the same volume level compared to the LO of the dx90.

On the other hand, using the ho from your dap will cause too much voltage input into the amp will give you louder volume.

Use the LO at max volume and adjust your amp to your preferred listening level.
post #5816 of 13841
Listen guys, i am not an idiot ok.
I have done this for many years.
HO adjusted to the same level as LO on max vol or whichever level u like..to my ears is all the same.basically i can adjust the two on the same listening level for my amp use and there is no listening difference to me,can use either
post #5817 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post

I never said it is quiet,but its quieter than the LO when at max vol.
Thats just a fact.
I use 71A,pure ii,shadow,pha2 etc..no point in a pure LO in this case imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post

Listen guys, i am not an idiot ok.
I have done this for many years.
HO adjusted to the same level as LO on max vol or whichever level u like..to my ears is all the same.basically i can adjust the two on the same listening level for my amp use and there is no listening difference to me,can use either

First you say it's quieter, then you state there's no difference.
Lol
post #5818 of 13841
Well in his last post he said when it is adjusted to the same level. Afaik you can control the level of the line out by turning the volume up and down, please correct me if I am wrong as I currently do not have an amp to test with my 90.
post #5819 of 13841
Yes,i meant when LO is max and HO is max at high gain,then its louder with no distortion whatsoever
post #5820 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post

Yes,i meant when LO is max and HO is max at high gain,then its louder with no distortion whatsoever

Use whatever you are happy with and think work and sound best to you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .