or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . . - Page 282

post #4216 of 13841
Right. But it was met with a number of seemingly defensive posts about the dx90's competent base. That's all.
post #4217 of 13841
Ordered last week then got an mail that they won't be able to ship before this Friday. So yesterday I mailed them since I haven't heard from them. They told me that they've shipped it on thursday already and during the day I'll receive a DHL tracking number. When I got it I could see that only shipping info was available and only today the shipment was picked up.

Why would they lie about this?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
post #4218 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaTou069 View Post

Ordered last week then got an mail that they won't be able to ship before this Friday. So yesterday I mailed them since I haven't heard from them. They told me that they've shipped it on thursday already and during the day I'll receive a DHL tracking number. When I got it I could see that only shipping info was available and only today the shipment was picked up.

Why would they lie about this?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

They might have sent shipping info on Thursday but it's still up to DHL to pick it up isn't it? Important thing is on it's way and you just need to wait a couple of days.
post #4219 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I think that for the full potential, either go portable balanced, for the added power or a desktop amp. I will say though that the HE560 do well with the DX90, not full potential but very enjoyable. 
what exactly do u mean by portable balanced? Sorry, I'm new to all this.
post #4220 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

Don't bother, DX90's internal amp at low gain is more powerful than C5's max output @ 32ohm load

C5: 1.182 Vrms
DX90: 1.3 Vrms (low gain), 2.8Vrms (max gain)

I had a C5D (similar amp as C5) and it's struggling to drive my Beyer T1 you and have no room to spare volume-wise, you are stuck at max volume.. DX90 on the other hand can drive it just fine with a bit of room to spare.
thx for the info.
post #4221 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunDa View Post


thx for the info.

 

In terms of driving power and quality, you'll need the very top portable amps to improved upon stock DX90 internal amp.  None of my IEMs sound noticeably better with amping over dx90 standalone, and it even drives my LCD3 to satisfaction.  

post #4222 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post
 

 

In terms of driving power and quality, you'll need the very top portable amps to improved upon stock DX90 internal amp.  None of my IEMs sound noticeably better with amping over dx90 standalone, and it even drives my LCD3 to satisfaction.  

 

True, DX90 and X5 is rendering several portable amps obsolete. If you really need amping on DX90, you might as well go with the desktop amp or the TOTL, plenty of juice portable amps. I already sold my C5D, my UHA-4 will be next.

post #4223 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

 

True, DX90 and X5 is rendering several portable amps obsolete. If you really need amping on DX90, you might as well go with the desktop amp or the TOTL, plenty of juice portable amps. I already sold my C5D, my UHA-4 will be next.

Not just an amp but using coax to connect to the Chord Hugo improves everything!  This combo will give the AK240 a run for the money ;)

post #4224 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantana View Post
 

Not just an amp but using coax to connect to the Chord Hugo improves everything!  This combo will give the AK240 a run for the money ;)

 

For that setup, you don't even need a DX90. A DX50 will do the exact same thing paired with Hugo.

post #4225 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

 

For that setup, you don't even need a DX90. A DX50 will do the exact same thing paired with Hugo.

True if the coax is the same quality between the 2.  I bought the DX90 and it was a clearly much better than the DX50 but I couldn't find a decent amp to go with it, RSA SR71a didn't improve it by much.  When I added the Hugo it exceeded the SQ of my DX100.

post #4226 of 13841

you will need TOTL portable amp or a desktop amp if you are going to need amping on DX90.

post #4227 of 13841

Whats a TOTL amp? Not tried my desktop amp on the DX90 yet.  I actually replaced the desktop DAC with the Hugo for output from my computer, much sweeter.

post #4228 of 13841
Top of the line
post #4229 of 13841

This 'hobby' is starting to get expensive real fast!  I used to look at people with their hifi rigs with balanced outputs, pre amps, speaker wires and shake my head.  Now I want all that sound quality in a package I can carry with me.  We start off slowly with an ipod, move to an iphone then start messing with earphones.  Max that then move to dacs and amps, reach the limits then move to DAPs, redo dacs and amps and earphones and the prices rise exponentially with quality.  On top of that synergies make us side grade etc.

I bought a DX100 two years ago to replace a Sony Walkman and RSA SR71a amp and was completely satisfied with the quality, fast forward two years and the audio scene moves on with DSD, DXD, 24/192 and need to replace my entire rig!  Now I'm just waiting for my JH Roxannes to ship.  What is the pinnacle of portable audio now?

post #4230 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

True, DX90 and X5 is rendering several portable amps obsolete. If you really need amping on DX90, you might as well go with the desktop amp or the TOTL, plenty of juice portable amps. I already sold my C5D, my UHA-4 will be next.
what TOTL would u rexommend with dx90 to drive HE500 properly?

I'm just considering my options here, but I think getting desktop amp and dac (magni modi or audio gd 11.32) would be cheaper. By doing so, I would be sacrificing the portability within the house which I really wanted.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .