or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . . - Page 279

post #4171 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post



The bass he described as great was on his gaming pc's soundcard, he was never satisfied with the bass on the DX90

 



Yeah I think he got used to the elevated bass on his PC and will not get the same expecience with a DAP out of the box nor without any kind of boost.
post #4172 of 13841

I've encountered a few bugs with my DX90, does anyone have similar problems?

 

1) certain flac files play but midway through it skips to the next track.

2) When the DX90 is left playing for several hours (eg during burning in), when I press the screen button to switch the screen back on, there is a volume spike after that. Even pressing play/pause button does not reduce the volume, only pressing the volume button does. (While the volume spike is going on, the volume displayed on screen is still low eg 175 so its def not a deliberate volume selected)

post #4173 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccolocco View Post

I've encountered a few bugs with my DX90, does anyone have similar problems?



 



1) certain flac files play but midway through it skips to the next track.



2) When the DX90 is left playing for several hours (eg during burning in), when I press the screen button to switch the screen back on, there is a volume spike after that. Even pressing play/pause button does not reduce the volume, only pressing the volume button does. (While the volume spike is going on, the volume displayed on screen is still low eg 175 so its def not a deliberate volume selected)

 



Looks like a corrupted data somewhere. Do a factory reset from the advanced settings and see if that will fix it.
post #4174 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

 

CLUE: "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is."  Or....ALL Chinese 128GB Micro Sd Cards on eBay are fake. especially the the 'no-name' blue and white packaged ones. The only legit 128GB maker so far is SanDisk (see Amazon).

 

Always test newly purchased SD cards (even SanDisk) with the following FREE memory tester app. If it doesn't pass: it's fake, no if ands or buts.

 

H2TESTW

Thanks for your help, but i don't have windows, do you know of a program to test it on a mac by any chance?

post #4175 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccolocco View Post
 

I've encountered a few bugs with my DX90, does anyone have similar problems?

 

 

 

1) certain flac files play but midway through it skips to the next track.

 

2) When the DX90 is left playing for several hours (eg during burning in), when I press the screen button to switch the screen back on, there is a volume spike after that. Even pressing play/pause button does not reduce the volume, only pressing the volume button does. (While the volume spike is going on, the volume displayed on screen is still low eg 175 so its def not a deliberate volume selected)

 



Looks like a corrupted data somewhere. Do a factory reset from the advanced settings and see if that will fix it.

 

I did a factory reset but still got the above bugs actually. I'll continue testing to see if its a flac problem (for (1)) and if (2) consistently occurs (happened twice so far). Really hope its a firmware thing and the next firmware release will cure it all!

post #4176 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJACRACKER View Post

... I have tried all the different gain settings and that did nothing to alter the sound signature. I agree with you on the proper amp contributing to a balanced frequency but is there a way that I can provide more depth in the low frequency range by adding another component to the setup ?


If I were you, I'd just return the DX90 and look for a player with a sound signature more to your liking, or one with a greater range to EQ the sound. Staying with the iBasso seems like you're paying a chunk of money for something you actually don't have any interest in - especially if you then drop more on a bass boosting amp to change the sound signature.
post #4177 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccolocco View Post
 

 

I did a factory reset but still got the above bugs actually. I'll continue testing to see if its a flac problem (for (1)) and if (2) consistently occurs (happened twice so far). Really hope its a firmware thing and the next firmware release will cure it all!

 

my bad, it was my files that had a problem. So (1) isn't a problem with the dap. But the volume spike phenomena still occurs unfortunately. And there's yet another bug:

 

Pressing the forward button (physical button) does not skip the song properly through the list of songs. Eg while playing song A, when I press the forward button, it plays Song A from the start again, sometimes it plays Song B, and when I press the forward button, it plays Song A instead of Song C, and if I have say 10 songs, I will only be able to play maybe 3 songs out of the 10, that is, the forward button will randomly either play back the same song again or play a new song but only amongst the 3 songs. (eg a sequence could be, Song A, Song A, Song B, Song C, Song A, Song B, Song B etc)

However the software forward button (ie. pressing the forward button on the touch screen itself works perfectly. I can forward to the next song correctly, and all 10 songs are played in sequence.

 

Anyone has these bugs?

post #4178 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickson View Post


Yep, cnc'd from billet Unobtainium.

Update- there's a rumor going around...
Apparently he'll be machining the backplates freehand with a dremel.
Damn, he's good.

I quit the Dremel, now I do all the work by hand using only one tool:

post #4179 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccolocco View Post

 

my bad, it was my files that had a problem. So (1) isn't a problem with the dap. But the volume spike phenomena still occurs unfortunately. And there's yet another bug:

 

Pressing the forward button (physical button) does not skip the song properly through the list of songs. Eg while playing song A, when I press the forward button, it plays Song A from the start again, sometimes it plays Song B, and when I press the forward button, it plays Song A instead of Song C, and if I have say 10 songs, I will only be able to play maybe 3 songs out of the 10, that is, the forward button will randomly either play back the same song again or play a new song but only amongst the 3 songs. (eg a sequence could be, Song A, Song A, Song B, Song C, Song A, Song B, Song B etc)

However the software forward button (ie. pressing the forward button on the touch screen itself works perfectly. I can forward to the next song correctly, and all 10 songs are played in sequence.

 

Anyone has these bugs?

 



It's almost a week now and have not encountered any bugs you reported above. I am only using the HO. All buttons functions as expected and i only browse/play files from folder view.
post #4180 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

I quit the Dremel, now I do all the work by hand using only one tool:


Seems like the best method. Thumbs up from me :beerchug: 

post #4181 of 13841

So i got this battery today, the same Japanese make as the one i have been using for my Galaxy 4S, the same ebay seller, can recommend.

3800Mah, can confirm its the same size as original and working, charging at the mo, but don't know yet if truly 3800 mah, should be an improvement tho!

 

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300944750217?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649


Edited by soundblast75 - 4/25/14 at 6:46am
post #4182 of 13841

Can anybody confirm that it is 3800mah?

 

My dx90 is craving for more power as I am listening 24 bit tracks :)

post #4183 of 13841
Quote:
Can anybody confirm that it is 3800mah?

 

I bought that one. I got about an hour more out of it than the original battery. Guess its still something?


Edited by Cotnijoe - 4/25/14 at 7:42am
post #4184 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamirci View Post
 

Can anybody confirm that it is 3800mah?

 

My dx90 is craving for more power as I am listening 24 bit tracks :)


It says so and it's not expensive, if you got to get spare i cant think of a better one..

post #4185 of 13841

The bass question is interesting as I have been comparing my headphones (out of DX90) in anticipation of writing some sort of review of my new gear - I have a pair of custom W4Rs and I have read in numerous posts that they are bass "light" in comparison to some other choices (I never heard the universal version - I bought on reputation)

 

Some of the selections I have chosen to compare bass output, texture, timbre, etc... are Rage Against The Machine, Sublime, Yes, Dave Matthews among others. What I have found is the W4R is anything but bass light - they go very low - and get good volume - they aren't JH16's or 1964 V8's, but I can't imagine anyone (even a bass head) not thinking the bass was solid.

 

Maybe there is a problem with his unit - because this little DAP has a solid low end. SOLID. I don't use an amp - so far all I have listened to is Apple Lossless - and I don't touch the EQ.

 

Bass light? I don't see (hear) it. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .