or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . . - Page 261

post #3901 of 13841
@headwhacker curious what your typical volume level is paired with the Roxanne?

Thanks
post #3902 of 13841

iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st page. . .. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojy89 View Post

Wh
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJobs View Post

Just put the DX90 I received on Friday up for sale, http://www.head-fi.org/t/715395/ibasso-dx-90, Going to stick with X5.

What's the reason for ditching the dx90? I'm considering both, and I haven't decided yet, so a reason would give me an idea.

Anyone tried both and is able to give a a/b comparison? Would be very much appreciated smily_headphones1.gif

The X5 is the other one I was considering also. A comparison would be great.
post #3903 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJobs View Post
 

Just put the DX90 I received on Friday up for sale, http://www.head-fi.org/t/715395/ibasso-dx-90, Going to stick with X5.

can i ask why u chose the x5 over the dx 90

 

how does the sound compare to u, which has better bass and warmth

post #3904 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickson View Post

@headwhacker curious what your typical volume level is paired with the Roxanne?

Thanks

210 - 220
post #3905 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post
 

can i ask why u chose the x5 over the dx 90

 

how does the sound compare to u, which has better bass and warmth

The x5 has more warmth and apparent bass but I would argue the DX90 has a more correct presentation of the range. Just IMO. His opinion is obviously different.

post #3906 of 13841

Hi, does anyone know if the OTG function of the DX90 will allow me to use this with it: (?)

 

http://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/otg_compatibility

 

I've searched the thread and don't seem to see any info on this. Any info would be appreciated, thanks! :p

post #3907 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

The x5 has more warmth and apparent bass but I would argue the DX90 has a more correct presentation of the range.

 

Traditional BB v ESS signature differences.

post #3908 of 13841

The DX90 is ultra detailed - its like music at an atomic level. Some people may find it too detailed - ie to the expense of the 'musicality' of the music. 

post #3909 of 13841

ok let me ask it this way which has more low bass and mid punch the x5 or dx90

post #3910 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

The x5 has more warmth and apparent bass but I would argue the DX90 has a more correct presentation of the range. Just IMO. His opinion is obviously different.


If I recall correctly, you listened to the X5 for like 5 minutes and then passed on to the next reviewer. I remember because I thought you purchased one and asked you why you would purchase one but would not listen to it. At the same time, I have observed that you seem to be very conclusive of how "incorrect" or "bad" X5 sounds.... just saying.. maybe you have really good ears...

post #3911 of 13841
The X5 excels in the mid and highs, the DX90 in bass extension, contrary to others who said the X5 has more bass, I found it to have less. The X5 feels somewhat laid back in the bass but more analytic at higher frequencies while the DX90 is wide, extended in the bass, crisp and crystal clear in higher frequencies. Talk about two different daps, the dual dacs definitively makes a big difference. It's pretty clear we all have different impressions between the two players. Always the best is to experience it yourself until you do it will be hard to take one side versus the other. Just look at owners who had both, they made their own choices according to their taste in perceived sq and signature that they felt comfortable with.
post #3912 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

The X5 excels in the mid and highs, the DX90 in bass extension, contrary to others who said the X5 has more bass, I found it to have less. The X5 feels somewhat laid back in the bass but more analytic at higher frequencies

Hi Jon, I agree to your comment regarding the X5 in the bass department. Sorry, I have not had chance to audition the DX90 yet. Maybe I will buy one later on after I have purchase more silly things first.

post #3913 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

The X5 excels in the mid and highs, the DX90 in bass extension, contrary to others who said the X5 has more bass, I found it to have less. The X5 feels somewhat laid back in the bass but more analytic at higher frequencies while the DX90 is wide, extended in the bass, crisp and crystal clear in higher frequencies. Talk about two different daps, the dual dacs definitively makes a big difference. It's pretty clear we all have different impressions between the two players. Always the best is to experience it yourself until you do it will be hard to take one side versus the other. Just look at owners who had both, they made their own choices according to their taste in perceived sq and signature that they felt comfortable with.

Ya may be u right i found X5 more analytic. DX90's wider but X5's deeper 

post #3914 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

Hi Jon, I agree to your comment regarding the X5 in the bass department. Sorry, I have not had chance to audition the DX90 yet. Maybe I will buy one later on after I have purchase more silly things first.

Understood, it's getting tough following new stuff, expensive and time consuming too. I couldn't help myself but had to quench my curiosity about the DX90 and therefore took a dive. You're lucky being able to sample daps, wish I could do that, it would make my buying a lot easier or maybe not. biggrin.gif

Have fun but be careful about the wallet. wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by viet1357911 View Post

Ya may be u right i found X5 more analytic. DX90's wider but X5's deeper 

It seems to be the consensus or is it? tongue_smile.gif
post #3915 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


It seems to be the consensus or is it? tongue_smile.gif

I cant undestand why some ppl say DX90''s mid laid back, i feel it throw in the face and unnatural.... X5 sure more detail and neutral... Like i said Dx90 is wider but X5 is deeper. It's like my Re400 and Re600, 400's wider but 600's deeper...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .