or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . . - Page 148

post #2206 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Red Eft View Post
 

On the DX50 and presumably DX90, can you browse by file and folder without having to refresh the library?

 

(I only browse that way just from personal preference, and supposedly on the Fiio X5 I wouldn't have to refresh.)

 

The DX50 (and I'm assuming the DX90) both allow you to view files and folders, rather than via the library ID3 tags. When you play a file for the first time, it will automatically be added to the library, but you needn't use the library to browse, nor refresh it just to play files when browsing via folder.

post #2207 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwong View Post
 

I just cancelled my pre-order on the X5 to hop on the DX90 train.  I'm very partial to the DX50/DX90 design with the big buttons/touch screen.  There's limited information available on the iBasso website on this product so I have 2 questions:

1. Can this DAP be used as a USB DAC?  I remember reading somewhere that it did have USB DAC support, but I don't see this on their website.

 

Just confirmed on the Chinese iBasso page (Mini-Audio): http://www.mini-audio.com/content/?88.html

post #2208 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Red Eft View Post
 

On the DX50 and presumably DX90, can you browse by file and folder without having to refresh the library?

 

(I only browse that way just from personal preference, and supposedly on the Fiio X5 I wouldn't have to refresh.)

That's the way I do it on the DX50, so I stongly assume it will work the same way on DX90.

No need for scanning.

post #2209 of 13841

Can you play a folder (with subfolders) in shuffle mode? Or create a playlist on your computer and play that in shuffle?

post #2210 of 13841

So, what is this I am hearing about how replacing the stock battery in the DX90 will improve the sound quality? That sounds like rubbish but just in case, is there anything to that? How could changing the battery possibly have any effect on the sound?

 

And if changing batteries does change the sound quality, wouldn't that be a problem with the circuitry in the DX50/DX90? That shouldn't happen if the player were built correctly, I would think.


Edited by pachoo5 - 4/7/14 at 4:07pm
post #2211 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachoo5 View Post

So, what is this I am hearing about how replacing the stock battery in the DX90 will improve the sound quality? That sounds like rubbish but just in case, is there anything to that? How could changing the battery possibly have any effect on the sound?

I dont remember the science of this but I do remember that using Samsung Eneloop batteries in my old Xin Reference made a difference over generic batteries
post #2212 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post


I dont remember the science of this but I do remember that using Samsung Eneloop batteries in my old Xin Reference made a difference over generic batteries

Samsung doesn't make Enloop, it's Sanyo.

 

 

For those of you's that are lucky enough to grab them in the mainland, please tell us your impressions.


Edited by SilverEars - 4/7/14 at 4:17pm
post #2213 of 13841
Ah well ;-)
post #2214 of 13841

Do we know if the 1st batch is sold out yet? I only ask because I'm leaving the country for an extended trip in about 10 days and don't want to order if I'm going to miss the DX90 arriving...

post #2215 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachoo5 View Post
 

So, what is this I am hearing about how replacing the stock battery in the DX90 will improve the sound quality?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post

I dont remember the science of this but I do remember that using Samsung Eneloop batteries in my old Xin Reference made a difference over generic batteries

Wait... Jamato is this true? Have you tested the stock battery to see if the sonic quality remains the same?

post #2216 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by brugis View Post

closed back, portable, Over ear headphones for DX90, metal music. Budget 400$. Any suggestions, right now i have Marshall Monitor.

You can also try the sennheiser HD25II - 70ohm version. Used by many DJs and should be driven well by dx90. Very portable, lightweight, but built like a tank. Much better bass impact then the akg 550 or grados.
post #2217 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


You can also try the sennheiser HD25II - 70ohm version. Used by many DJs and should be driven well by dx90. Very portable, lightweight, but built like a tank. Much better bass impact then the akg 550 or grados.

HD25 ALU is better imo. More refined overall than the HD25-1 ii and feels better too.

post #2218 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

HD25 ALU is better imo. More refined overall than the HD25-1 ii and feels better too.

Agreed HD25 ALU might slightly be better but at $330 vs HD25II at $199 only (both Amazon prices)...
post #2219 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


Agreed HD25 ALU might slightly be better but at $330 vs HD25II at $199 only (both Amazon prices)...

ALU was ~$250 some time ago. Shame the price has risen again it seems.

post #2220 of 13841
Here we go again with the battery swapping for SQ... I might wait for the new firmware on the DX50 to see if it's worth the upgrade or not (i know technically it is, but i kinda like the 50). Probably end up buying it anyway and give away the DX50 to my gf, same way i did with my Clip+.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

ALU was ~$250 some time ago. Shame the price has risen again it seems.


There's always the option of buying an Amperior on sale or broken for parts (mainly the cups), then buying the HD25 and replacing the cups. At least that's what i did, and now have both the Amperior on a plastic housing -doesn't affect the signature- and my HD25's with Blue Aluminum cups.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .