or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . . - Page 147

post #2191 of 13841

Ahh, didn't see the closed part.

 

Personally, if I had $400 to spend I'd get the NAD VISO HP50. Best headphone for the $$$ IMO. 

post #2192 of 13841

I really like the Ultrasone HFI-780 for closed back, pretty portable and good for metal music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brugis View Post
 

closed back, portable, Over ear headphones for DX90, metal music. Budget 400$. Any suggestions, right now i have Marshall Monitor.

post #2193 of 13841

Trying to catch up, reading through this thread. Does the 128GB Micro SD card have to be formatted a certain way in order for the card to work in the DX90?

post #2194 of 13841
Thread Starter 
No
post #2195 of 13841

I thought the DX90 was only ex-Fat? Or does the website just mean it needs to be ex-Fat to support up to 2TB?

post #2196 of 13841

I just cancelled my pre-order on the X5 to hop on the DX90 train.  I'm very partial to the DX50/DX90 design with the big buttons/touch screen.  There's limited information available on the iBasso website on this product so I have 2 questions:

1. Can this DAP be used as a USB DAC?  I remember reading somewhere that it did have USB DAC support, but I don't see this on their website.

2. Does the coaxial out serve as a line-out that bypasses the amp section?  

post #2197 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwong View Post
 

I just cancelled my pre-order on the X5 to hop on the DX90 train.  I'm very partial to the DX50/DX90 design with the big buttons/touch screen.  There's limited information available on the iBasso website on this product so I have 2 questions:

1. Can this DAP be used as a USB DAC?  I remember reading somewhere that it did have USB DAC support, but I don't see this on their website.

2. Does the coaxial out serve as a line-out that bypasses the amp section?  

1. yes, later FW update will support this

2. I will leave this Question to the more knowledgable

post #2198 of 13841

I purchased mine this morning and can't wait to get it! So much competition out there right now, but I think the DX90 is in a good place.

post #2199 of 13841

Also new to the forum.

 

Im so excited to get this unit- looks like it will do almost everything I've wanted a portable DAP to do.

 

Question: Ive never used any iBasso products- when I get the micro sd card for it, can I simply drag and drop flac folders onto it, and have the DX90 recognize them, or is there some other process?

 

Thanks so much,

 

Andy K

post #2200 of 13841
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theosteopath View Post
 

Also new to the forum.

 

Im so excited to get this unit- looks like it will do almost everything I've wanted a portable DAP to do.

 

Question: Ive never used any iBasso products- when I get the micro sd card for it, can I simply drag and drop flac folders onto it, and have the DX90 recognize them, or is there some other process?

 

Thanks so much,

 

Andy K

Just drag and drop your FLAC folders. It will work with all the formats of SD cards. Use an external card holder though, too long doing it with the card in the DX90. 

post #2201 of 13841

Drag and drop, scan and enjoy the sound of heaven.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theosteopath View Post
 

Also new to the forum.

 

Im so excited to get this unit- looks like it will do almost everything I've wanted a portable DAP to do.

 

Question: Ive never used any iBasso products- when I get the micro sd card for it, can I simply drag and drop flac folders onto it, and have the DX90 recognize them, or is there some other process?

 

Thanks so much,

 

Andy K

post #2202 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwong View Post
 

I just cancelled my pre-order on the X5 to hop on the DX90 train.  I'm very partial to the DX50/DX90 design with the big buttons/touch screen.  There's limited information available on the iBasso website on this product so I have 2 questions:

1. Can this DAP be used as a USB DAC?  I remember reading somewhere that it did have USB DAC support, but I don't see this on their website.

2. Does the coaxial out serve as a line-out that bypasses the amp section?  

 

1. It seems that for the moment, it will not be able to be used as a USB DAC. However, iBasso have stated many times that they want to bring the feature to the DX50 & DX90, so it could be added soon.

 

2. The Coaxial out is a digital output, so you can hook it up to an external DAC.

post #2203 of 13841

thanks for the info. I have been using my iPad with the Fostex HP-P1, which has been great- but I'm losing some resolution due to the iPads limited digital output. Ive got a rewired pair of Beyerdynamic T5s waiting for this.

 

Given everyones past experience dealing with ibasso, when can I expect to receive my new player?

 

-Andy

post #2204 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by theosteopath View Post
 

thanks for the info. I have been using my iPad with the Fostex HP-P1, which has been great- but I'm losing some resolution due to the iPads limited digital output. Ive got a rewired pair of Beyerdynamic T5s waiting for this.

 

Given everyones past experience dealing with ibasso, when can I expect to receive my new player?

 

-Andy

 

They're supposedly shipping them out in 2 days time, so at best, I'd imagine that some people may get theirs this weekend, and the rest early/mid next week (unless DHL start working Sundays).

post #2205 of 13841

On the DX50 and presumably DX90, can you browse by file and folder without having to refresh the library?

 

(I only browse that way just from personal preference, and supposedly on the Fiio X5 I wouldn't have to refresh.)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .