or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . . - Page 141

post #2101 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post
 

Was going to wait for more impressions... but **** it.  What's there to lose?!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


Now that's the headfi spirit! biggrin.gif

 

...and this is why my wallet and I fight.

post #2102 of 13841

I just had a proper read at Jamato's review - brilliantly written!

Thank you jamato!

 

@jamato8 

post #2103 of 13841

patiently waiting for impressions and comparisons against the DX100, HM901,  AK120, and AK240.  

 

:popcorn: 


Edited by SilverEars - 4/7/14 at 5:12am
post #2104 of 13841
How does one know if you are in the first batch?
post #2105 of 13841
Rockbox on dx50 is painful. I know it is early stage but still i rather use original os than go into files/mnt/external folder every time i want to use sdcard.

i am not been ungrateful or anything.
post #2106 of 13841

Do we know if the DX90 will recognize folders?

post #2107 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by philiptw View Post
 

 

EDIT: Sorry still don't get what the burn in cable is for :S

 

there is popular belief (and it even might be true! ;-) ) that when using some device or headphones all those electronic components that are inside "burn in" and optimal results are achieved after some period of time (usually hundreds of hours) of real usage. 

 

when playing DAP with phones the amp stage is being used and "burns in". without phones there is no load and amp stage is not used (and cant "burn in") even if you turn the DAP on and play some music. so burn-in cable fakes the load of the headphones so DAP will use the amp stage to send signal to the cable where the signal "disappears".

 

but thats just my speculation...

post #2108 of 13841
Quote:
 Originally Posted by Nachkebia View Post

Rockbox on dx50 is painful. I know it is early stage but still i rather use original os than go into files/mnt/external folder every time i want to use sdcard.

i am not been ungrateful or anything.

I think its great on the dx50 and much rather it than stock... rather than navigate through mnt etc..I just built the database so all files are located under one roof and no need to navigate...


Edited by rookie2009 - 4/7/14 at 5:37am
post #2109 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachkebia View Post

Rockbox on dx50 is painful. I know it is early stage but still i rather use original os than go into files/mnt/external folder every time i want to use sdcard.

i am not been ungrateful or anything.

 

 

But you always use the sdcard regardless where you are. You can use the db or even create a shortcut.It's only painful if you try to make it so.


Edited by headwhacker - 4/7/14 at 5:20am
post #2110 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by haens View Post
 

 

there is popular belief (and it even might be true! ;-) ) that when using some device or headphones all those electronic components that are inside "burn in" and optimal results are achieved after some period of time (usually hundreds of hours) of real usage. 

 

when playing DAP with phones the amp stage is being used and "burns in". without phones there is no load and amp stage is not used (and cant "burn in") even if you turn the DAP on and play some music. so burn-in cable fakes the load of the headphones so DAP will use the amp stage to send signal to the cable where the signal "disappears".

 

but thats just my speculation...

I see.... I understand burn-in for headphones but for DAPs..? I am not sure.. I think I will just listen to the DAP as it goes... :p

 

Thanks for the explanation 

post #2111 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

Do we know if the DX90 will recognize folders?

+1

post #2112 of 13841

Got my order in about 3 hrs ago. Happen to wake up at 4:30 am and saw it was up. If limited, there will be a lot of US buyers waiting for later batches just due to the time of release. Like everyone else, hope I'm in the 1st batch.:ksc75smile:

post #2113 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachkebia View Post

Rockbox on dx50 is painful. I know it is early stage but still i rather use original os than go into files/mnt/external folder every time i want to use sdcard.

i am not been ungrateful or anything.

 

Go to files > mnt > external_sd and do a long press on the external_sd folder. This will bring up a context menu where you can choose "Start file browser here".

 

Then go to Setting > General Settings > Startup/Shutdown > Start Screen and choose "Files".

 

Viola! Problem solved.

post #2114 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

Do we know if the DX90 will recognize folders?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartan View Post
 

+1

Why wouldn't it?


Edited by Sorensiim - 4/7/14 at 5:35am
post #2115 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Got my order in about 3 hrs ago. Happen to wake up at 4:30 am and saw it was up. If limited, there will be a lot of US buyers waiting for later batches just due to the time of release. Like everyone else, hope I'm in the 1st batch.ksc75smile.gif
Noooo, that means it is good because you are buying. I should unsub from this thread before it gets too late.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .