or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . . - Page 129

post #1921 of 13043

hey jamato, does your phrase of "excellent dynamics" also include being uncompressed? I mean the compression of dynamics in dx50 making them soft.

besides, have you noticed any roll-off in the treble region? does dx90 have a properly extended treble (like the latest sony's)?

post #1922 of 13043
Hey Jamato, do a review... when you have the time. Life first, the rest, second.
post #1923 of 13043

Tuesday, April the 8th will be fine :wink_face: 

post #1924 of 13043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

Tuesday, April the 8th will be fine :wink_face: 

:D

post #1925 of 13043
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenedosian View Post
 

hey jamato, does your phrase of "excellent dynamics" also include being uncompressed? I mean the compression of dynamics in dx50 making them soft.

besides, have you noticed any roll-off in the treble region? does dx90 have a properly extended treble (like the latest sony's)?

If the music is compressed, I hear compression, if it isn't and well recorded the sound is not compressed, it is dynamic and fast. What I meant before is that the dynamics are not constrained to, lets say, the main performer, instrument. The dynamics of the lesser players also holds true and you have music within music. You have all the emotion that is often reserved for the best home systems or "good" live music, as I have heard plenty of bad live music. 

 

I feel that the DX90 will be known as a fun, exciting player and at the same time, a truthful player, what more can you ask for.. . . well we always want more seems to be human nature but I think this DAP will tame some of that desire. . . . . . for a while . lol 


Edited by jamato8 - 4/5/14 at 2:32pm
post #1926 of 13043

Does it sound 'hi-fi' or natural?  (I know that sounds weird, but I hope you know what I mean)

 

I love the space and air of the DX100s presentation, but it can sometimes sound a bit more hi-fi than truly natural. Like it's etching lots of detail in uber-high relief, rather than just playing the recording in its most natural state.

 

Of course, the HM-801 might go a little too far the other way :regular_smile : 


Edited by Mython - 4/5/14 at 2:39pm
post #1927 of 13043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

Does it sound 'hi-fi' or natural?  (I know that sounds weird, but I hope you know what I mean)

 

I love the space and air of the DX100s presentation, but it can sometimes sound a bit more hi-fi than truly natural. Like it's etching lots of detail in uber-high relief, rather than just playing the recording in its most natural state.

 

Of course, the HM-801 might go a little too far the other way :regular_smile : 


Somewhere in the middle would be perfect choice for dap I believe.

 

I honestly enjoy natural sound, very musical and joyful. On the other hand sometimes I just wish more clarity and more micro details, bringing the ultimate black space between the instruments and providing lots of air.

 

So if we go through Hifiman again, I guess somewhere between HM901 and HM802 would be cool. I can happily live with HM802 sound signature honestly but as I said, only sometimes I demand for more hifi sound than the musical organic rich presentation.

post #1928 of 13043
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Somewhere in the middle would be perfect choice for dap I believe.

 

I honestly enjoy natural sound, very musical and joyful. On the other hand sometimes I just wish more clarity and more micro details, bringing the ultimate black space between the instruments and providing lots of air.

 

So if we go through Hifiman again, I guess somewhere between HM901 and HM802 would be cool. I can happily live with HM802 sound signature honestly but as I said, only sometimes I demand for more hifi sound than the musical organic rich presentation.

 

 

I have a suspicion that M might be in the middle ground.

 

I hope so, and I also hope the same for the DX90

post #1929 of 13043

I realize these aren't available yet, but does anybody know if these will ship out with a case or Silicon Soft Skin Cover ?

post #1930 of 13043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post
 

I realize these aren't available yet, but does anybody know if these will ship out with a case or Silicon Soft Skin Cover ?

Silicon skin included

post #1931 of 13043
I would suggest that nobody buy the dx90 until jamato8 writes his review.

Or at least until I place my order...

smily_headphones1.gif
post #1932 of 13043
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickson View Post

I would suggest that nobody buy the dx90 until jamato8 writes his review.

Or at least until I place my order...

smily_headphones1.gif

 

:evil: Evil :evil:

post #1933 of 13043
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickson View Post

I would suggest that nobody buy the dx90 until jamato8 writes his review.

Or at least until I place my order...

smily_headphones1.gif

 

I hear that iBasso's servers will crash and loose all your orders if you order within the first day. Your credit card/paypal info will be compromised.

Don't worry, just wait until I tell you that it works. I'll test the ordering process for you then report back.

:beerchug:

post #1934 of 13043
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

evil_smiley.gif Evil evil_smiley.gif

Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

I hear that iBasso's servers will crash and loose all your orders if you order within the first day. Your credit card/paypal info will be compromised.
Don't worry, just wait until I tell you that it works. I'll test the ordering process for you then report back.
beerchug.gif

That sounds serious, can I give you my PayPal login info for you to buy me one?
smily_headphones1.gif
post #1935 of 13043
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickson View Post


Lol
That sounds serious, can I give you my PayPal login info for you to buy me one?
smily_headphones1.gif

 

I'll buy two.

:wink_face:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear ›  DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .