Best advice I've read on this thread.
Look at it this way - with the DX90 about to hit the market, in literally a day or two, the only direction DX50 prices will be going is down. Both new, and secondhand DX50 prices will inevitably fall.
So it's probably sensible to wait a couple of weeks to see what people say about the DX90.
You've absolutely nothing to lose by doing this.
Common sense? On head-fi? What is this? I call black magics!
Where can you get a new DX50 for $200? (kills me that they're selling for $299 on ebay!)
Also - I can't find anything official on the DX90 release date - Who is going to have them when they get released? Will there be much stock?
I will soldier on with my Classic until the DX90 gets the Head-Fi "treatment."
EDIT: Thanks for the PM's!!!!
Yes, just so there are no misunderstandings, please note that the gold-coloured one was only the result of a brief late-night Photoshopping session:
iBasso have not stated any intentions to make the DX90 any colour other than black.