or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Buying the Sennheiser HD700 or HD800. HELP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying the Sennheiser HD700 or HD800. HELP - Page 4

post #46 of 59
Thread Starter 

I am the type of guy, that once I found a good setup, I will stick with it. I havent got the time to buy 10 headphones try them all out which one I like, I prefer to do the research, buy the one that will fit my needs, and stick with them. As soon as I get the X1 and if they are to my liking, I will sell my HD598. 

post #47 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keelo117 View Post
 

I am the type of guy, that once I found a good setup, I will stick with it. I havent got the time to buy 10 headphones try them all out which one I like, I prefer to do the research, buy the one that will fit my needs, and stick with them. As soon as I get the X1 and if they are to my liking, I will sell my HD598. 

Well, I figured maybe one closed back and one opened back. I must have an addiction, don't ask how many I've got, I stopped counting long ago.

post #48 of 59
Thread Starter 

ONLY complaint that I have is that the HD598 dont have enough of a bass for my liking, thats it, which gives me a feeling that I am missing out when listening to music, Also I dont know why would you want multiple headphones, Iv seen people in this forum that have the HD600, HD650 the HD800, and some BeryT90 e.t.c. Its crazy

post #49 of 59
Thread Starter 

Yo stan, how much would you get if you sold all your headphones, and just kept one you liked?

post #50 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keelo117 View Post
 

ONLY complaint that I have is that the HD598 dont have enough of a bass for my liking, thats it, which gives me a feeling that I am missing out when listening to music, Also I dont know why would you want multiple headphones, Iv seen people in this forum that have the HD600, HD650 the HD800, and some BeryT90 e.t.c. Its crazy

Different headphone technologies have different qualities. I have a Bose QC15 that I only use when traveling or in a noisey environment as they have exceptional noise reduction and sound decent. I have a open dynamic (Sennheiser HD600) and open planar magnetic (Hifiman HE-500) cans for at home. And a closed back dynamic over ear Sennheiser Momentum for when I need isolation at home or out of home. I also have a couple cans from long ago. Of course you need to have an IEM as well, so add a Sony XBA-3 (Triple BA) to the list. You can spend more on one great pair of loud speakers but you can't carry them around. There's some reason to the "crazy" as you say. :blink: 

post #51 of 59
Thread Starter 

So have I made a good choice with the X1 cant wait till they arrive, should be coming on the 31st

post #52 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keelo117 View Post
 

Yo stan, how much would you get if you sold all your headphones, and just kept one you liked?

Don't ask. And I'm not liquidating my holdings. :happy_face1: 

Let's just see how long those X1's keep your wallet closed.

post #53 of 59
Thread Starter 

You know what, I have a pair of QPAD QH85 gaming headset, they are marketed as hifi audio,, infact they are just re branded berydynamics, When I first got them, and I still think this, they are the best SOUNDING GAMING HEADSET IN ITS PRICE RANGE. However once I got some HEADPHONES, aka the HD598 I cant go back to the qpad, because of the small sound stage on them. The qpads have nice a nice bass, and are a "open" design, infact I still have them and are my backup pair if my main headphones ever go kaput. 

 

 

I also have a platronics cheap as chips headset which cost me £30. To be honest it sounds the same, if not better then the siberia V2 that I got that cost twice as much, not as comfortable but hey for £30 I cannot complain. These are another "backup" pair I have lol. To be honest I might end up selling the QPads and just keep these as a backup. 


So in the past 12 months, I must of owned 2 Siberia V2's (both failed within 4 months of use, light at the time but once I got the QPAD cannot go back to them) once both of them broke decided to buy a cheap one for the mean time so thats where the platronics come in. ,

Qpad QH 85 (lightest headset I have ever owned) and finally and my first pair of HI FI headphones the HD598. (super light compared to the QPAD QH85, and I thought the Siberia V2 were light, now when I put on my faulty pair its uncomfortable and heavy on the ears

 

 Also I upgraded my sound card to the Asus phoebus, thinking at the time, It was high end, and to be honest I think I will end up selling my sound card, and buy the magni + Modi. I dont need an amp for the X1's and my sound card will do a good job in terms of driving the headphones for the MEAN TIME. 

I dont know what my next headphone will be, either another X1, or the HD700 strictly for that wide soundstage, and clarity. Will use the HD700 for Competitive gaming

post #54 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keelo117 View Post
 

You know what, I have a pair of QPAD QH85 gaming headset, they are marketed as hifi audio,, infact they are just re branded berydynamics, When I first got them, and I still think this, they are the best SOUNDING GAMING HEADSET IN ITS PRICE RANGE. However once I got some HEADPHONES, aka the HD598 I cant go back to the qpad, because of the small sound stage on them. The qpads have nice a nice bass, and are a "open" design, infact I still have them and are my backup pair if my main headphones ever go kaput. 

 

 

I also have a platronics cheap as chips headset which cost me £30. To be honest it sounds the same, if not better then the siberia V2 that I got that cost twice as much, not as comfortable but hey for £30 I cannot complain. These are another "backup" pair I have lol. To be honest I might end up selling the QPads and just keep these as a backup. 


So in the past 12 months, I must of owned 2 Siberia V2's (both failed within 4 months of use, light at the time but once I got the QPAD cannot go back to them) once both of them broke decided to buy a cheap one for the mean time so thats where the platronics come in. ,

Qpad QH 85 (lightest headset I have ever owned) and finally and my first pair of HI FI headphones the HD598. (super light compared to the QPAD QH85, and I thought the Siberia V2 were light, now when I put on my faulty pair its uncomfortable and heavy on the ears

 

 Also I upgraded my sound card to the Asus phoebus, thinking at the time, It was high end, and to be honest I think I will end up selling my sound card, and buy the magni + Modi. I dont need an amp for the X1's and my sound card will do a good job in terms of driving the headphones for the MEAN TIME. 

I dont know what my next headphone will be, either another X1, or the HD700 strictly for that wide soundstage, and clarity. Will use the HD700 for Competitive gaming

Oh, so now you're starting the confessions. I'm sure there's more to the story of your habit.

post #55 of 59
Thread Starter 

Its like drug habit , but with headphones.... "hey man got these cheesburgers man" (thats a movie reference internet points if you know where its from) 


I now want to get a DAC and AMP for sure thats £200 right there. F*** me this is one expensive habit lol. Im not even a audiophile, I just enjoy listening to good audio. 

post #56 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keelo117 View Post
 

Its like drug habit , but with headphones.... "hey man got these cheesburgers man" (thats a movie reference internet points if you know where its from) 


I now want to get a DAC and AMP for sure thats £200 right there. F*** me this is one expensive habit lol. Im not even a audiophile, I just enjoy listening to good audio. 

"They some double cheeseburgers"

You don't have to be an audio-snob to enjoy great sounding music or just listen to air biscuits to test for that airy sound. You can probably do quite well with £200.

I was visiting a friend earlier today and brought along an HE-500 and some portable stuff, a FiiO E18 and E12. He was amazed at the clarity and quality of sound, He was not amused at the cost of the HE-500 but said he can understand why. I have a feeling that he'll be in the market for an HD600 soon, I told him that the HE-600 is just a drop in the bucket compared to a Stax SR-009 and his eyes bulged out. Right then I though I heard an air biscuit.

post #57 of 59
I would like to throw in my 2 cents which is gaining more SQ leads to less bass. In car audio SQ competition cars are eq almost flat and crossover on subs are around 25-40 hertz so little subbass. same goes for cans decide on being a bass head or SQ guy. That is why I have 3 different HP each with its own flavor. stop listening to people about this and that at the end of the day it's your own ears telling you what sounds good.
post #58 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonddam View Post

I would like to throw in my 2 cents which is gaining more SQ leads to less bass. In car audio SQ competition cars are eq almost flat and crossover on subs are around 25-40 hertz so little subbass. same goes for cans decide on being a bass head or SQ guy. That is why I have 3 different HP each with its own flavor. stop listening to people about this and that at the end of the day it's your own ears telling you what sounds good.

I think you were a little late...by a few months.

post #59 of 59
better late then never
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Buying the Sennheiser HD700 or HD800. HELP