Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by bearFNF, 12/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) Last post on Today at 4:55 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 10/21/15 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio Layla vs. JH Audio Roxanne Last post on 12/16/15 at 7:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV Last post on 3/1/16 at 1:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me decide: JH5 vs Noble Universal IEM Last post on 6/25/14 at 1:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Review: Massdrop X HIFIMAN HE350 Introduction It has been such a vibrant time in the Massdrop landscape, as they have been able to create successful collaborations with respected...
INTRODUCTION This is my 2nd product from Shozy. I purchased Shozy Alien Gold Edition and loved the product so much so that I put my sincere appreciation of releasing such a great DAP to...
Introduction – The first Soundlink Mini was quite an important product in the portable Bluetooth speaker landscape, it was one of the first speakers to use two opposing passive radiators and also...
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread - Page 32
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Just my preference.
For me, Roxanne sounds natural on the vocals and I like the bass signature of Jh, heavy low end. K10 is more on mid bass and very good highs, I do like its highs than Rox a bit.
Roxanne sounds warmer and just sounds very natural to me.
I do find that the Roxanne sounds better at higher volumes - which reminds me of the Westone 4 - but I don't always want to listen to loud music.
If nothing else, the Roxanne has helped me realise the type of sound I prefer: spacious with prominent treble rather than dark and smooth. I'll be waiting for more reviews of new IEMs before ordering in future. I can definitely see myself ordering the JH 13 fp, though not until I've given the Roxanne another couple of months.
This mirrors a lot on my impression with the uni rox demo (I'm also a longtime w4 user). I come to the conclusion I like my jh13fp's more airy and spacious presentation. I think you would love it too. You can also consider the 1plus2 which I love and has the most spacious sound WITH impactful bass of all IEM I tried but it's tuned a bit more on the aggressive side than the neutral side of things.
^ When I pre-ordered the Roxanne's I was hoping for an improved JH13 (is that possible?), but obviously, they have a completely different sound signature. I think I would prefer the JH13 sound in general. However, I really like the Roxanne's sound as well as long as the bass is turned to 9pm or lower.
Which one do you like better the 1plus2 or JH13 FP?
Edited by robm321 - 5/22/14 at 4:49pm
I share your pain, but at the end of the day only your ears can tell you what's worth and what's not. And this is if you're lucky. Your tastes will probably change and spending 30min with a demo won't guarantee you will like them for the years to come (just think of your past girlfriends...)
I mean, would you buy a pair of shoes without even seeing them, based solely on description and opinions?
Sometimes I think that spending all these hours here is a waste of time. Sometime I think it's just awesome to be able to exchange with people sharing the same hobby. CIEM are and will always be delight and frustration...
Anyone know if the roxanne bass is as deep/dynamic/similar to jh16 fp? I've listened to alot of iems/ciems and they all sound different. Not bad, just different, and I'm hoping that the roxannes bass is similar/identical to the jh16fps because I'm so used to it.
Remember Roxanne has an adjustable bass. It can definitely go deeper than JH16. The main difference is the density. Roxanne has a denser bass than JH16. Many people say Roxanne has a thicker SQ. I think it's because of a very dense bass. The bass can really hit hard even at the lowest level.
I seldom set it pass 10 o'clock position. It's at 9 o'clock most of the time for me.
In your case, I suggest you spend some time with a demo before you make your decision whether to buy it or not. You should trust what you hear from your ears more than what you read on reviews because people have different tastes. For example, I think everyone has his own definition of advancement when talking about IEMs.
I used to have the UE10s, roughly what you have with less bass. They were excellent, but didn't have sufficient frequency range to compete with decent full sizers. The original JH13s were a huge jump in performance from the UE10s. I consider them game changers, putting IEMs in the same field as full sizers for the first time. They still sound great today. Not once in 5 years have I felt they weren't worth the money. And now I have the Roxannes, which are another huge step up. Coming from the UE11s, you can expect a vast increase in resolution. They'll be brighter, as the UE11s top off at 16 kHz, and start rolling off before then. If you like the UE11 bass boost, you should be able to approximate it with the Roxanne cable. And if you, like many posters here, decide you want a brighter sound, it's only a matter of time before someone makes a cable with a treble dial. I've yet to hear a single piece of music I'd want that for though. The Roxannes sound increasingly neutral to me the more I listen to them.
- JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 26 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 28 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 48 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 52 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics USA/Canada Tour - Reviewers Wanted 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by s1rrah
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse