Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread - Page 32

post #466 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by soullinker20 View Post

I've just auditioned the Mentor, k10 again and Roxanne. Still it was Roxanne for me, but I would pick k10 over Mentor for that matter.
Would you like to share the reason why you chose Roxanne over k10?
post #467 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by yilun View Post

Would you like to share the reason why you chose Roxanne over k10?

Just my preference.
For me, Roxanne sounds natural on the vocals and I like the bass signature of Jh, heavy low end. K10 is more on mid bass and very good highs, I do like its highs than Rox a bit.
Roxanne sounds warmer and just sounds very natural to me.
post #468 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilderbeast View Post


I do find that the Roxanne sounds better at higher volumes - which reminds me of the Westone 4 - but I don't always want to listen to loud music. 

If nothing else, the Roxanne has helped me realise the type of sound I prefer: spacious with prominent treble rather than dark and smooth. I'll be waiting for more reviews of new IEMs before ordering in future. I can definitely see myself ordering the JH 13 fp, though not until I've given the Roxanne another couple of months.

This mirrors a lot on my impression with the uni rox demo (I'm also a longtime w4 user). I come to the conclusion I like my jh13fp's more airy and spacious presentation. I think you would love it too. You can also consider the 1plus2 which I love and has the most spacious sound WITH impactful bass of all IEM I tried but it's tuned a bit more on the aggressive side than the neutral side of things.
post #469 of 811

^ When I pre-ordered the Roxanne's I was hoping for an improved JH13 (is that possible?), but obviously, they have a completely different sound signature. I think I would prefer the JH13 sound in general. However, I really like the Roxanne's sound as well as long as the bass is turned to 9pm or lower. 

 

Which one do you like better the 1plus2 or JH13 FP?


Edited by robm321 - 5/22/14 at 4:49pm
post #470 of 811
This will be my first post about the JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne.
 
I am not attempting to upset anyone, just looking for helpful and useful information.
 
I currently have the Ultimate Ears UE11 and the Ray Samuels Hornet, and i can remember when the JH Audio JH13’s came out, everyone went nuts, proclaiming them as the best thing ever made.
 
I can also remember the praise that was given to the JH16 and the JH-3A with JH16 (I didn’t even dare to mention the Freqphase Stuff).  The theme has always been the same, they are praised to no end and called the best IEM’s ever heard and then later there are so many complaints about the sound quality and numerous claims that they haven’t been burnt in properly and of course there are many even the manufacturers that say Balance Armature Driver’s don’t benefit from Burn in.
 
So,
Please can someone tell me if they Roxanne is actually worth the money or should I just wait until everyone finds some new flavor of the day.
 
I am not trying to be a wisenheimer, I am just so confused and if I were to purchase every time someone on Head-Fi says something is great and then does an about face I would be broke, I cannot afford to purchase every new IEM that is released, I just want something new when technology actually improves and allows real advancement from what I already own.
 
I know some would recommend getting the universal but I like customs, I think they just fit nicer and I am not really interested in re-sale, when I get them I expect to use them for a long time and customs are what I prefer.
post #471 of 811
If you don't like dark, thick sound I suggest to avoid or get the universal version at least can let go if you don't like it. I personally don't like them, lucky the EQ save me.
post #472 of 811

I share your pain, but at the end of the day only your ears can tell you what's worth and what's not. And this is if you're lucky. Your tastes will probably change and spending 30min with a demo won't guarantee you will like them for the years to come (just think of your past girlfriends...)

 

I mean, would you buy a pair of shoes without even seeing them, based solely on description and opinions?

 

Sometimes I think that spending all these hours here is a waste of time. Sometime I think it's just awesome to be able to exchange with people sharing the same hobby. CIEM are and will always be delight and frustration...

post #473 of 811

Anyone know if the roxanne bass is as deep/dynamic/similar to jh16 fp?  I've listened to alot of iems/ciems and they all sound different.  Not bad, just different, and I'm hoping that the roxannes bass is similar/identical to the jh16fps because I'm so used to it.

post #474 of 811

anybody looking to sell their roxannes away please do pm me

post #475 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengsta View Post

Anyone know if the roxanne bass is as deep/dynamic/similar to jh16 fp?  I've listened to alot of iems/ciems and they all sound different.  Not bad, just different, and I'm hoping that the roxannes bass is similar/identical to the jh16fps because I'm so used to it.


 



Remember Roxanne has an adjustable bass. It can definitely go deeper than JH16. The main difference is the density. Roxanne has a denser bass than JH16. Many people say Roxanne has a thicker SQ. I think it's because of a very dense bass. The bass can really hit hard even at the lowest level.

I seldom set it pass 10 o'clock position. It's at 9 o'clock most of the time for me.
post #476 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by imz14u2nv View Post
 
This will be my first post about the JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne.
 
I am not attempting to upset anyone, just looking for helpful and useful information.
 
I currently have the Ultimate Ears UE11 and the Ray Samuels Hornet, and i can remember when the JH Audio JH13’s came out, everyone went nuts, proclaiming them as the best thing ever made.
 
I can also remember the praise that was given to the JH16 and the JH-3A with JH16 (I didn’t even dare to mention the Freqphase Stuff).  The theme has always been the same, they are praised to no end and called the best IEM’s ever heard and then later there are so many complaints about the sound quality and numerous claims that they haven’t been burnt in properly and of course there are many even the manufacturers that say Balance Armature Driver’s don’t benefit from Burn in.
 
So,
Please can someone tell me if they Roxanne is actually worth the money or should I just wait until everyone finds some new flavor of the day.
 
I am not trying to be a wisenheimer, I am just so confused and if I were to purchase every time someone on Head-Fi says something is great and then does an about face I would be broke, I cannot afford to purchase every new IEM that is released, I just want something new when technology actually improves and allows real advancement from what I already own.
 
I know some would recommend getting the universal but I like customs, I think they just fit nicer and I am not really interested in re-sale, when I get them I expect to use them for a long time and customs are what I prefer.

In your case, I suggest you spend some time with a demo before you make your decision whether to buy it or not. You should trust what you hear from your ears more than what you read on reviews because people have different tastes. For example, I think everyone has his own definition of advancement when talking about IEMs. 

post #477 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by imz14u2nv View Post
 
This will be my first post about the JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne.
 
I am not attempting to upset anyone, just looking for helpful and useful information.
 
I currently have the Ultimate Ears UE11 and the Ray Samuels Hornet, and i can remember when the JH Audio JH13’s came out, everyone went nuts, proclaiming them as the best thing ever made.
 
I can also remember the praise that was given to the JH16 and the JH-3A with JH16 (I didn’t even dare to mention the Freqphase Stuff).  The theme has always been the same, they are praised to no end and called the best IEM’s ever heard and then later there are so many complaints about the sound quality and numerous claims that they haven’t been burnt in properly and of course there are many even the manufacturers that say Balance Armature Driver’s don’t benefit from Burn in.
 
So,
Please can someone tell me if they Roxanne is actually worth the money or should I just wait until everyone finds some new flavor of the day.
 
I am not trying to be a wisenheimer, I am just so confused and if I were to purchase every time someone on Head-Fi says something is great and then does an about face I would be broke, I cannot afford to purchase every new IEM that is released, I just want something new when technology actually improves and allows real advancement from what I already own.
 
I know some would recommend getting the universal but I like customs, I think they just fit nicer and I am not really interested in re-sale, when I get them I expect to use them for a long time and customs are what I prefer.

I used to have the UE10s, roughly what you have with less bass.  They were excellent, but didn't have sufficient frequency range to compete with decent full sizers.  The original JH13s were a huge jump in performance from the UE10s.  I consider them game changers, putting IEMs in the same field as full sizers for the first time.  They still sound great today.  Not once in 5 years have I felt they weren't worth the money.  And now I have the Roxannes, which are another huge step up.  Coming from the UE11s, you can expect a vast increase in resolution.  They'll be brighter, as the UE11s top off at 16 kHz, and start rolling off before then.  If you like the UE11 bass boost, you should be able to approximate it with the Roxanne cable.  And if you, like many posters here, decide you want a brighter sound, it's only a matter of time before someone makes a cable with a treble dial.  I've yet to hear a single piece of music I'd want that for though.  The Roxannes sound increasingly neutral to me the more I listen to them.

post #478 of 811
Is it possible to do a treble adjustment? because the crossovers are in the earpieces...I don't know enough about this to say, maybe someone else can speak up.
post #479 of 811
Mod the cable? Adding something would help? I don't know but if you know pls let me know I can mod them since I got the spare one.
post #480 of 811
Hi guys can I just check. Is it possible to reshell a custom roxanne while maintaining the same sound as the original with a third party audio company? As what I havr heard some people claim that freq phase cannot be copied by a another campany as it is unique to jh. However some people claim that freq phase is a technology that other company have but just have a different name. I am struggling whether to buy a second hand custom and reshell will null audio or just go with the universal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread