Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by bearFNF, 12/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Today at 12:05 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 10/21/15 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio Layla vs. JH Audio Roxanne Last post on 5/19/16 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV Last post on 3/1/16 at 1:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me decide: JH5 vs Noble Universal IEM Last post on 6/25/14 at 1:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread - Page 32
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Just my preference.
For me, Roxanne sounds natural on the vocals and I like the bass signature of Jh, heavy low end. K10 is more on mid bass and very good highs, I do like its highs than Rox a bit.
Roxanne sounds warmer and just sounds very natural to me.
I do find that the Roxanne sounds better at higher volumes - which reminds me of the Westone 4 - but I don't always want to listen to loud music.
If nothing else, the Roxanne has helped me realise the type of sound I prefer: spacious with prominent treble rather than dark and smooth. I'll be waiting for more reviews of new IEMs before ordering in future. I can definitely see myself ordering the JH 13 fp, though not until I've given the Roxanne another couple of months.
This mirrors a lot on my impression with the uni rox demo (I'm also a longtime w4 user). I come to the conclusion I like my jh13fp's more airy and spacious presentation. I think you would love it too. You can also consider the 1plus2 which I love and has the most spacious sound WITH impactful bass of all IEM I tried but it's tuned a bit more on the aggressive side than the neutral side of things.
^ When I pre-ordered the Roxanne's I was hoping for an improved JH13 (is that possible?), but obviously, they have a completely different sound signature. I think I would prefer the JH13 sound in general. However, I really like the Roxanne's sound as well as long as the bass is turned to 9pm or lower.
Which one do you like better the 1plus2 or JH13 FP?
Edited by robm321 - 5/22/14 at 4:49pm
I share your pain, but at the end of the day only your ears can tell you what's worth and what's not. And this is if you're lucky. Your tastes will probably change and spending 30min with a demo won't guarantee you will like them for the years to come (just think of your past girlfriends...)
I mean, would you buy a pair of shoes without even seeing them, based solely on description and opinions?
Sometimes I think that spending all these hours here is a waste of time. Sometime I think it's just awesome to be able to exchange with people sharing the same hobby. CIEM are and will always be delight and frustration...
Anyone know if the roxanne bass is as deep/dynamic/similar to jh16 fp? I've listened to alot of iems/ciems and they all sound different. Not bad, just different, and I'm hoping that the roxannes bass is similar/identical to the jh16fps because I'm so used to it.
Remember Roxanne has an adjustable bass. It can definitely go deeper than JH16. The main difference is the density. Roxanne has a denser bass than JH16. Many people say Roxanne has a thicker SQ. I think it's because of a very dense bass. The bass can really hit hard even at the lowest level.
I seldom set it pass 10 o'clock position. It's at 9 o'clock most of the time for me.
In your case, I suggest you spend some time with a demo before you make your decision whether to buy it or not. You should trust what you hear from your ears more than what you read on reviews because people have different tastes. For example, I think everyone has his own definition of advancement when talking about IEMs.
I used to have the UE10s, roughly what you have with less bass. They were excellent, but didn't have sufficient frequency range to compete with decent full sizers. The original JH13s were a huge jump in performance from the UE10s. I consider them game changers, putting IEMs in the same field as full sizers for the first time. They still sound great today. Not once in 5 years have I felt they weren't worth the money. And now I have the Roxannes, which are another huge step up. Coming from the UE11s, you can expect a vast increase in resolution. They'll be brighter, as the UE11s top off at 16 kHz, and start rolling off before then. If you like the UE11 bass boost, you should be able to approximate it with the Roxanne cable. And if you, like many posters here, decide you want a brighter sound, it's only a matter of time before someone makes a cable with a treble dial. I've yet to hear a single piece of music I'd want that for though. The Roxannes sound increasingly neutral to me the more I listen to them.
- JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 33 seconds ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 38 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › PMV A-01 5 minutes ago
- › Recommendations needed for DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm AMP 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: Fall 2016 7 minutes ago
- › Marley Legend In Ear - Surprisingly Strong Performer - Balanced... 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...