- 339 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by bearFNF, 12/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) Last post on Today at 5:37 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 2/4/15 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio Layla vs. JH Audio Roxanne Last post on Yesterday at 2:02 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV Last post on 6/25/15 at 5:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me decide: JH5 vs Noble Universal IEM Last post on 6/25/14 at 1:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread - Page 25
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I just got my Roxanne's and I own SE846.
Sound quality wise they both sound wonderful.
Plenty of bass on both models, but Shure bass is a little clearer.
Treble is good and sparkly on both models.
I like the mids better on Shure, though. They sound more lush.
Soundstage and instrument separation is about the same.
Shure is very comfortable but stick out of the ear a little.
Roxanne's are obviously much bigger, but very comfortable nevertheless. And they don't stick out of the ear. They just go deeper in.
Build quality is very good on both models.
I love the Roxanne's cable connectors (the only problem is the collars, one of the is already broken). But it will be fixed by JHA vey soon.
I hate the Shure connectors and how the easily rotate. I got the aftermarket cable and sometimes the sound is cutting off because of that.
I am using Sony ZX1 loaded with ALAC and WAV files as the source DAP.
I love them both and I'll keep them both for sure.
Oh and the e500 comment was in response to the surprising review by Alkazhar of his Roxannes and seemingly to like sonically se846's more. Which one would find surprising given the engineering of the Roxannes and their 12 drivers. But again someone mentions well Shure seems to always throw out game changers. That being said I was trying to figure out if I wanted to order the Roxannes or stick it out with the se846. But as I stated the e500's really were game changers, and I feel like the se846 are the best product they've had since then. The question is how do I get a hold of the Roxannes to compare without having to purchase them. Already having dropped $1000 on the se846's.
Go to one of the meets and hope someone has one to demo. I'm scared to listen to one. I might like it too much and buy one.
Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
I have only had the 120 for a short time but they sound good out of it. I listened to the 240 in SoCal and it sounded OK, I waited for a lul in the rush at the AK table to listen to them both. I ended up getting the 120 due to the sound not being much different, IMO, and I like the size and shape of the 120 better than the 240. Oh, and it was $1000 with the dock included free as a bonus.
So the answer is, from me anyway, that it does not NEED an amp...but as always YMMV, and you should try it yourself and see.
I am going to mess around with my UHA760 and see what I think this weekend.
Edited by bearFNF - 3/29/14 at 9:34am
Congrats, they look awesome!! Is that full CF? May I ask your order number or when you ordered?
That looks like universal, so it can't be full CF
Haha sorry yes they are the universal fit.
Which vendor(s) do you think will bring Roxanne's? I'll probably go for a day also.
Dunno. Lots of headfi gear around last year. I imagine most high end cans and universal IEMs either the manufacturer or a dealer.
- JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 second ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 9 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 29 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › cables are placebo 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-10 5 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)