Steve Guttenberg's impressions are always welcome to me. I enjoyed talking to him. Even if I don't agree always (who does?), he's a nice guy who is enthusiastic about audio and he has a lot of experience.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by bearFNF, 12/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) Last post on Yesterday at 9:39 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 2/4/15 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio Layla vs. JH Audio Roxanne Last post on 7/2/15 at 2:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV Last post on 7/18/15 at 11:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me decide: JH5 vs Noble Universal IEM Last post on 6/25/14 at 1:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread - Page 15
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Not directing this to anyone personally, but there are always these haters that likes to take a jab here and there... just puts me off. In an impression thread, I want to hear objective comparisons, not some story of some people telling more stories.
Again, lets keep impressions coming please? :)
I'm having an eargasm listening to some EDM track; the bass is so deep, rich and textured... and I'm hearing loads of subtle changes in the bass that I've never previously heard before..
Does it sound too congested when the percussions hit?
for my Roxanne, the bass doesn't seem congested at all. Like I said the sound more precise impact.
btw, my bass control setting is 2'o clock.
Yes I think good test of PRaT.
here's a rather useful track for its undulating bassline and tiny nuances.
Live studio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a6b7ckS1rM
Edited by delancyst - 2/12/14 at 10:16pm
When I get my Roxannes, I'll share my opinion on them. This is my track record with IEM's.
Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket> Shure SE215> Sennheiser IE8> HiFiMAN RE272> AKG K3003i> Shure SE846> Senn IE800.
Let's just say things have changed in 5 years lol!
I strongly recommend saving that cable money to put towards a higher end source. The Roxannes will reveal the improvement.
Even the so-called slightly "neutral" JH13 also has some kind of bass boost.
Maybe your fitting or your source?
I hear lots of bass, if they are too loose the very bottom will be gone. Try lightly pressing in on the earpieces and see what happens. Also, what setting is your bass control?
Been putting them at 11am position after refit.
- JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 1 minute ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) 5 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › Definitive technology (DefTech) symphony 1 9 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 10 minutes ago
- › UNFORGIVING SOUND comparison : Sennheiser 558 vs 600 11 minutes ago
- › The Best Noise Cancelling (ANC) Bluetooth Headphones "discussion... 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3