Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread - Page 14

post #196 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladzakhar View Post

I just got my Roxanne's and I own SE846.

Sound quality wise they both sound wonderful.
Plenty of bass on both models, but Shure bass is a little clearer.
Treble is good and sparkly on both models.
I like the mids better on Shure, though. They sound more lush.
Soundstage and instrument separation is about the same. 

Steve Guttenberg from CNET also put the Shure 846 over the Roxanne sonically when I talked to him in person at the last NY Audio meet.
So, that's 2 people with that impression.
post #197 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post


Steve Guttenberg from CNET also put the Shure 846 over the Roxanne sonically when I talked to him in person at the last NY Audio meet.
So, that's 2 people with that impression.

Haters gonna hate :p 

post #198 of 726
Beautiful thing about universals is their resale value. You can remold customs but you can never be sure if they sound as good as they did if you bought them straight from the source.
post #199 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by utdeep View Post

Beautiful thing about universals is their resale value. You can remold customs but you can never be sure if they sound as good as they did if you bought them straight from the source.

 

Thats indeed beautiful. Could we keep this thread clean for Roxanne impressions only?

post #200 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3r0day View Post
 

Haters gonna hate :p 

Huh, why is one man's preference turning him into a hater?  Guttenberg has long priased JH Audio and owns JH-13fp. Some people prefer some sound signatures to others. 

 

Also, was it the universal or a custom Roxanne that he preferred the 846 to? 

post #201 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoeiii View Post
 

Huh, why is one man's preference turning him into a hater?  Guttenberg has long priased JH Audio and owns JH-13fp. Some people prefer some sound signatures to others. 

 

Also, was it the universal or a custom Roxanne that he preferred the 846 to? 

 

- Probably universal demo

- I don't trust anecdotes made by biased sources

post #202 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3r0day View Post

 

- I don't trust anecdotes made by biased sources

 

How is this an anecdote? Seems like a pretty straightforward report of another person's preference. Anyway, I'd guess that eventually we will get a Guttenberg review of a universal or custom Roxaanne, Maybe both. 

 

And how is this a biased source? Like I said, Guttenberg has repeatedly praised JH Audio. For example, he wrote this about the JH-13fp: 

 

"The Freqphase delivers uber resolution/clarity, but it's still pretty easy to listen to with less than wonderful recordings. The UERM is a close contender, but the Freqphase exceeds it in terms of transparency, richer mids, and it's more fun to listen to. When I'm not reviewing an in-ear headphone the JH13 Freqphase is one of my everyday, go-to headphones. With this one the more you listen, the more you hear."

post #203 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladzakhar View Post

I remember, when I bought 846s, I didn't like it right away.

I thought BA drivers don't change in sound signature over time, brain burn-in perhaps?

I didnt like 846 as well. It sounded flat to me when i listen to a well used demo at a local store.
post #204 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by useitifuhaveit View Post
 


I do not think he said the JH are bad. He actually likes JH earphones. He just mentions there are other good earphones as well. In my case I have many and I like them all even though I use one more then the other.

Agreed. And I don't doubt that we will get an idea of which aspects of each headphone he likes over the other. As others have posted, at this level of headphone, much is a matter of preferred sound signature and features. 

 

And I like that both the Roxannes and 846 have the ability to adjust sound signature. Bravo to both companies for finding ways to do this. 

post #205 of 726
What I am having a hard time understanding is how the 846, with a Shure sound, i.e. slightly rolled off trebble, and the Roxanne, with supposedly great trebble extension (dixit AnakChan in his first report is think), are supposed to have the same / similar trebble.

I never quite agree / trust Gutenbergs opinion, but I do love the 846. Hope my Roxanne will be at least as good though.
post #206 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoeiii View Post
 

 

How is this an anecdote? Seems like a pretty straightforward report of another person's preference. Anyway, I'd guess that eventually we will get a Guttenberg review of a universal or custom Roxaanne, Maybe both. 

 

And how is this a biased source? Like I said, Guttenberg has repeatedly praised JH Audio. For example, he wrote this about the JH-13fp: 

 

"The Freqphase delivers uber resolution/clarity, but it's still pretty easy to listen to with less than wonderful recordings. The UERM is a close contender, but the Freqphase exceeds it in terms of transparency, richer mids, and it's more fun to listen to. When I'm not reviewing an in-ear headphone the JH13 Freqphase is one of my everyday, go-to headphones. With this one the more you listen, the more you hear."

 

Not directing this to anyone personally, but there are always these haters that likes to take a jab here and there... just puts me off. In an impression thread, I want to hear objective comparisons, not some story of some people telling more stories.

 

Again, lets keep impressions coming please? :)

 

I'm having an eargasm listening to some EDM track; the bass is so deep, rich and textured... and I'm hearing loads of subtle changes in the bass that I've never previously heard before..

post #207 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

What I am having a hard time understanding is how the 846, with a Shure sound, i.e. slightly rolled off trebble, and the Roxanne, with supposedly great trebble extension (dixit AnakChan in his first report is think), are supposed to have the same / similar trebble.

I never quite agree / trust Gutenbergs opinion, but I do love the 846. Hope my Roxanne will be at least as good though.

 

Agree...

I auditioned the SE846 a few times, with AK120 or iPhone5, and I do find their treble is slightly rolled-off, and that was with the white/treble filter.

post #208 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3r0day View Post

Not directing this to anyone personally, but there are always these haters that likes to take a jab here and there... just puts me off. In an impression thread, I want to hear objective comparisons, not some story of some people telling more stories.
I think I know EXACTLY what you mean, as I have painfully seen it in many threads. In the end I decide to ignore however much it grinds on my nerves. And I totally agree. Back to impressions.
post #209 of 726
Yep, the rolled off treble is the reason I dismissed the Shures. Some prefer that sound. I don't.

I look forward to more comparisons after more time with them.
Edited by robm321 - 2/12/14 at 7:02pm
post #210 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by useitifuhaveit View Post

Well one thing to understand what you mean by impressions. You want both positive and negative impressions or only the positive ones?
Negative first hand are welcome and very useful.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread