Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread - Page 12

post #166 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post

 

~~Jerry has the collar now being made out of aluminum; however, we think it was just a defect in a handful of cables as Jerry tried testing many and they were fine. This round of new aluminum collared cables, are each individually being hand tested by our manufacturer.~~

 

 

Are they individually hand testing them with a pipe wrench? :evil:

post #167 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

 

Are they individually hand testing them with a pipe wrench? :evil:

:beerchug:

post #168 of 726

Heh, not sure, probably just Jerry's pipes...:confused_face_2:

post #169 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post

Heh, not sure, probably just Jerry's pipes...confused_face_2.gif

First hist nuts, now his pipes.? People really gets crazy waiting for so long to get Roxanne. smily_headphones1.gif
post #170 of 726

Im a  musicians, audiophile and teacher who loves to listen to various types of music such as Classical (Opera, Concert Choirs, Symphony Orchestras, Pipe& Piano concerts), Jazz (Guitar, Vocals, Organs, Pianos), Gospel (Organs, Pianos, Vocalist, Choirs, Bands, ets) and other  easy listening types of music. An earphone and/or In ear monitor must be able to bring out very fine details nuances of the music for analytical purposes in that I teach voice and would most likely use the them for critical listening purposes. What are you thoughts of the sound qualities of the JH audio Roxiannes vs, JH audio 13's? If focusing on sound alone, DO you think that the JH audio Roxainnes are just as good or better then headphones such as the Grado PS-1000, Sennnheiser HD-800's, Sennheiser IE800, Grado GR-10's, MH335's. Focal Spirit Professionals, Focal Spirit Classics, Beyerdynamic Dt-770, and Beyerdynamic Dt-880's. If having to pick more then one with one being used to connect to a digital keyboard to get all the feel and dynamics, which closed and open ear headphone and/or In ear monitor would you choose that would be appropriate? Lastly, I've been looking at the centrium DAC, AK-120 Dac, Sound Devices USB pre Dac, and Antelope Audio Platinum Dac, Which would you think do justice in being the underlining force in doing justice the selected IE monitors and Headphones and which ones if more then one would you pick for travel and home.

post #171 of 726
This is the JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread right? Anyone that actually have them have impressions?
post #172 of 726
Nope. They've got my impressions!
post #173 of 726

Sure:

I continue to be impressed with their clarity.  From top to bottom, they're as focused as anything I've heard.  Bass sounds as accurate as that of the LCD-2s.  My initial concern about treble sibilance may simply have been from an acclimation to the dark LCD-2s and the very smooth highs of the JH13s.  My brain has now adjusted.  The Roxannes expose source differences more clearly than others I've compared.  Sounds buried in a mix are relatively clear on the Lavry DA10 vs my portable DACs.  As one would expect, the presentation is very much of the "in your head" IEM quality.  This will reasonably be a deal breaker for some.  They're more sensitive than the JH13s, which makes them even more prone to revealing noise in a source.  And using them with a resistor adapter dramatically rolls off high frequencies.  So I can't plug them into anything like I could with the JH13s.  Low gain and exceptionally low noise are amp requirements.  I don't have one to try, but I'd expect the Pico slim to work extremely well.


Edited by nnotis - 1/29/14 at 2:29pm
post #174 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnotis View Post
 

Sure:

I continue to be impressed with their clarity.  From top to bottom, they're as focused as anything I've heard.  Bass sounds as accurate as that of the LCD-2s.  My initial concern about treble sibilance may simply have been from an acclimation to the dark LCD-2s and the very smooth highs of the JH13s.  My brain has now adjusted.  The Roxannes expose source differences more clearly than others I've compared.  Sounds buried in a mix are relatively clear on the Lavry DA10 vs my portable DACs.  As one would expect, the presentation is very much of the "in your head" IEM quality.  This will reasonably be a deal breaker for some.  They're more sensitive than the JH13s, which makes them even more prone to revealing noise in a source.  And using them with a resistor adapter dramatically rolls off high frequencies.  So I can't plug them into anything like I could with the JH13s.  Low gain and exceptionally low noise are amp requirements.  I don't have one to try, but I'd expect the Pico slim to work extremely well.


I agree on the sibilance, I do not notice it any more, at first it was a little pronounced on some tracks but now not so much.  Also really liking the bass adjustment for different tracks. With the last DX50 firmware update the noise is pretty much gone on low gain for me now too.  Still have the noise issue with the Studio V 3rd but with the volume control it is fixed for me.

post #175 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnotis View Post
 

Sure:

I continue to be impressed with their clarity.  From top to bottom, they're as focused as anything I've heard.  Bass sounds as accurate as that of the LCD-2s.  My initial concern about treble sibilance may simply have been from an acclimation to the dark LCD-2s and the very smooth highs of the JH13s.  My brain has now adjusted.  The Roxannes expose source differences more clearly than others I've compared.  Sounds buried in a mix are relatively clear on the Lavry DA10 vs my portable DACs.  As one would expect, the presentation is very much of the "in your head" IEM quality.  This will reasonably be a deal breaker for some.  They're more sensitive than the JH13s, which makes them even more prone to revealing noise in a source.  And using them with a resistor adapter dramatically rolls off high frequencies.  So I can't plug them into anything like I could with the JH13s.  Low gain and exceptionally low noise are amp requirements.  I don't have one to try, but I'd expect the Pico slim to work extremely well.

 

How is the soundstage size compared to the JH13? 

post #176 of 726

For me, it's roughly equivalent in size.  It's how deeply into the soundstage I can sink that separates them. 

 

Despite radically different presentations, I'm curious to hear how you think they compare to the K1000s when hooked up to your home source.

post #177 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedphonz View Post

After owning the IE800,s for over a year I'm eyeing up the rox universals for something a bit different.
The 800's are a fantastic fun iem with an emphasis on bass so wondering if these Roxie's are a bit of the same or as I'm hoping on a whole new level in terms of resolution and bass control.
Probably a bit too early to tell at this stage is it ?
Hey, I owned the SE846 but sold them to fund the Roxanne customs. But after I was informed I'd only receive them in february, I decided to purchase the IE800 meanwhile.

So feel free to PM me in mid february (hopefully) if you want to hear my take. The IE800's are pretty fun for sure!
post #178 of 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnotis View Post
 

For me, it's roughly equivalent in size.  It's how deeply into the soundstage I can sink that separates them. 

 

Despite radically different presentations, I'm curious to hear how you think they compare to the K1000s when hooked up to your home source.

 

I'll let you know when I get them and have a chance to compare. I'm looking forward to them. 

post #179 of 726
Just plugged my RX into my AK120 for the first time and all I can say is it's being worth the wait. I'm now going to selling my HD700 and my HD800 but keeping my LCD 2. smily_headphones1.gif


It's my first customs and Frank Sinatra never sounded so good. biggrin.gif
post #180 of 726

why are you going to sell HD-700 and HD-800. Do the Sennheiser's not give you the detail that you are looking for? Do you think the roxiannes sound just as good or can pick up nuances in mixes in classical mixes that are in wav. form very well. What's your take on the JH audio Roxiannes vs the new 1,999.00 Ultimate ear reference monitor IE monitors?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread