They are about the same price on amazon right now, given the choice which would you buy? Can anyone comment on the pros of each headphone, like which might be more comfortable, which has better build quality etc?
- productAKG K 550tagged by MaximusPrime, 12/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- K550 Question! Last post on 7/1/14 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- JDS O2 + ODAC with my AKG K550 Last post on 6/25/14 at 3:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed headphones for <$200 Last post on 6/26/14 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501 vs. AKG K550 Last post on 6/27/14 at 1:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Experience to be shared with 104 full-size, portable headphones and in-ears I have been using.... Last post on 6/18/14 at 5:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share if it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Sennehiser momentum on ear vs AKG 550
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet.
Since sound quality is of the utmost importance here, I must ask you a question in return. What genres of music do you listen to [most]?
I listen mostly to alternative rock. This includes the typical guitar/drums (i.e. radiohead, beck) but also the more electronic/pop/computer made section of the genre (i.e. miike snow, passion pit). I will also find myself listening to classical from time to time.
I'm searching for a good looking headphone that is decently portable which is the main reason I came across the two. My main problem is that I nitpick each flaw in the headphones until I find myself looking at $300 headphones (over ear momentum and K545) I guess that's where the "Sorry about your wallet" mantra come from :). I am trying to keep it around $200. Oh, and I also have a big head.
Lol, okay. Given everything you just said, I would definitely recommend the AKG K 550 (or K 551) over the Momentum On-Ear for you. The AKG K 550/551 will have better detail and separation (which you'll easily perceive as better clarity), whereas the Momentum On-Ear tends to have a more relaxed and smoother signature with greater bass emphasis.
- Sennehiser momentum on ear vs AKG 550
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo 44 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 1 minute ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Any old fart head-fi'ers still around? 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)