They are about the same price on amazon right now, given the choice which would you buy? Can anyone comment on the pros of each headphone, like which might be more comfortable, which has better build quality etc?
- productAKG K 550tagged by MaximusPrime, 12/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amping the Alpha Dogs Last post on 2/11/15 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/13/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- nexus 6 / avg550 - portable DAC/amp recommendations Last post on 2/13/15 at 10:47am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
At the time this review was written, the Huaham E701 Silence Dreamer in-ear monitor was on sale for $26.99 USD on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Review Introduction Many thanks to samma3a.com for providing me with a ASG2.5 for a week to review. Aurisonics is a Nashville, Tennessee, US based company that produces...
For music on the go. This are my favourites for the moment. I rate it even higher than the Sennheiser Momentum because the cans are much more comfortable. In terms of Bass qualities,I prefer...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Sennehiser momentum on ear vs AKG 550
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet.
Since sound quality is of the utmost importance here, I must ask you a question in return. What genres of music do you listen to [most]?
I listen mostly to alternative rock. This includes the typical guitar/drums (i.e. radiohead, beck) but also the more electronic/pop/computer made section of the genre (i.e. miike snow, passion pit). I will also find myself listening to classical from time to time.
I'm searching for a good looking headphone that is decently portable which is the main reason I came across the two. My main problem is that I nitpick each flaw in the headphones until I find myself looking at $300 headphones (over ear momentum and K545) I guess that's where the "Sorry about your wallet" mantra come from :). I am trying to keep it around $200. Oh, and I also have a big head.
Lol, okay. Given everything you just said, I would definitely recommend the AKG K 550 (or K 551) over the Momentum On-Ear for you. The AKG K 550/551 will have better detail and separation (which you'll easily perceive as better clarity), whereas the Momentum On-Ear tends to have a more relaxed and smoother signature with greater bass emphasis.
- Sennehiser momentum on ear vs AKG 550
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 seconds ago
- › High end Bakoon headphone amp Japan version discussion thread and... 31 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › T.H.E. Show headphonium in 2015? 1 minute ago
- › Which SR-009 amp sounds the most realistic to you? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum M2 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 5 minutes ago
- › Capacity and the new astell kern DAC's 5 minutes ago
- › The 1963 Amperex Holland 7308 Bugle Boy, The Tube That Doesn't Exist 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by mark2410
- › Huaham Ultimate Edition E701 Noodle Style Ergonomics Noise... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Koolpep
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Chiek
- › Graham Slee Lautus USB Cable by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by Chiek
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2