They are about the same price on amazon right now, given the choice which would you buy? Can anyone comment on the pros of each headphone, like which might be more comfortable, which has better build quality etc?
- productAKG K 550tagged by MaximusPrime, 12/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing my first "decent" over ear headphones? Last post on Yesterday at 1:59 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need help to buy my ideal headphones, for Rock and Metal, between $150 and $200. Last post on 9/12/14 at 4:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance? Last post on Today at 1:12 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can't seem to decide on a set of headphones, would like some help. Last post on 8/3/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 Question! Last post on 7/1/14 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Sennehiser momentum on ear vs AKG 550
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet.
Since sound quality is of the utmost importance here, I must ask you a question in return. What genres of music do you listen to [most]?
I listen mostly to alternative rock. This includes the typical guitar/drums (i.e. radiohead, beck) but also the more electronic/pop/computer made section of the genre (i.e. miike snow, passion pit). I will also find myself listening to classical from time to time.
I'm searching for a good looking headphone that is decently portable which is the main reason I came across the two. My main problem is that I nitpick each flaw in the headphones until I find myself looking at $300 headphones (over ear momentum and K545) I guess that's where the "Sorry about your wallet" mantra come from :). I am trying to keep it around $200. Oh, and I also have a big head.
Lol, okay. Given everything you just said, I would definitely recommend the AKG K 550 (or K 551) over the Momentum On-Ear for you. The AKG K 550/551 will have better detail and separation (which you'll easily perceive as better clarity), whereas the Momentum On-Ear tends to have a more relaxed and smoother signature with greater bass emphasis.
- Sennehiser momentum on ear vs AKG 550
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 45 seconds ago
- › love guru love(((( vashiKAran))()) speciAliSt baba +91 9672747263 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › !@!love vashikaran specialist +91 9672747263 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)