Sure, but the house sound is pretty clearly defined by looking at them all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10tagged by nightmancometh, 1/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- Noble K-10? Enough Bass? Last post on 1/11/15 at 6:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship | discussion thread Last post on 9/3/15 at 9:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune, CustomArt) Last post on 6/10/15 at 9:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What's the best 10 driver universal IEM right now? Last post on 12/7/14 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 5/13/15 at 12:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
Noble K10 vs JH Roxannes - Page 18
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Here's another of the universal. Just shows how conditions vary the result. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but always best to listen and not draw conclusions from pictures of what are known to be VG products.
Don't get me wrong here. I loved the K10 when I heard it as well. I just think folks should strictly stick to listening and reviews, even if reasonably well versed in reading graphs.
Edited by goodvibes - 8/11/14 at 8:49am
I've listened to the JH Roxanne for three days at home (with a universal, naturally). And I definitely noted that comparing graphs between different sources should be taken with a grain of salt, but, I disagree that graphs are meaningless or that there's no possible information that we can draw from them.
For example, these graphs, including the one you posted, show very clearly that the treble and mids are not flat. That could be useful to know for a prospective buyer. Maybe it's just what they are looking for, maybe it's not what they are looking for. It's good information.
I said earlier:
"Hearing for one's self is the best, of course.
Here is a graph for the Roxanne to help understand what we hear and what others may be describing"
I think I'll stick to that ;)
Only if you show a graph from a competing product with a graph from the same source and are aware of the test characteristics. I only said inconclusive as to things like confirming 'house sound' or overall goodness from very differing graph sources. I think that was over reaching. Of course, each designer has his own ear but it only goes so far as each design will have limitations, regardless of price. I had no desire to change from my JH13fp for either of the flagships in question and didn't think the Roxanne sounded all that similar or like JH16s or JH5s for that matter. I thought the K10 is more tonally neutral, a little warm and could use a touch more low bass but as good as it gets in terms of response. The Roxanne has better focus/perspective with a bit more black space. Neither fails at the other's attributes. Why both will sell well and while not important to me, the bass tune will help a wider audience.
Edited by goodvibes - 8/11/14 at 10:07am
This is almost exactly what I was hearing. recessed mid, huge lower treble peak. extremely rolled off extension.
Too much sacrifice for instruments clarity/clearness and soundstage width.
Hearing for one's self is the best, of course.
Here is a graph for the Roxanne to help understand what we hear and what others may be describing:
You can compare it (taken with a grain of salt because graphs from different sources don't allow for close comparison) to the jh16 and jh13 graphs posted on head-fi and you can see the family resemblance.
They also have things like Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) if you check out the link.
It's interesting, yes?
Where is the 20khz high extension that Jerry Harvey talking about?
Yeah really. Why so shy Noble? Do we have to wait until the korean website measure the peaks and valleys? I want a graph to look at before I put big money down on customs.
Edited by SilverEars - 8/11/14 at 8:10pm
Now that I have to disagree if sample units are available to try. I think the hearing impression is the key than what you see from a chart :-P
But... if there's no trial units....
If the sample units are available, I would try the demo, but I like graph also. I just feel more assured and it's a quick assessment of the FR if I cannot make it to meets. For customs I'd like graphs still since demo will not be exactly like customs.
For example, UERM are said to be like the demo, but there are customs that are not.
I want tuning graphs, and I want it from all custom companies!!! I want to see it on their website. I have more trust in the brand if they share their graphs. I cannot trust reviews here(too much hype here at times and subjective). I trust the graphs more.
Edited by SilverEars - 8/11/14 at 8:41pm
Being a geek I like data and graphs too <grin>. I think it's fair to say take every reviews (not just here) with a pinch of salt (or in that matters, anything you heard) and analyse that yourself.
Guys, graphs of headphone and earphone measurements are not at all reliable above 10 kHz, let alone anything higher, so please do NOT take them as any kind of authority.
- Noble K10 vs JH Roxannes
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 39 seconds ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: Mr Speakers Alpha Prime 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2