Would be more interesting is those other graphs were current models and under the same testing parameters.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10tagged by nightmancometh, 1/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- Noble K-10? Enough Bass? Last post on 1/11/15 at 6:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship | discussion thread Last post on Today at 3:21 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune, CustomArt) Last post on 2/25/15 at 9:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What's the best 10 driver universal IEM right now? Last post on 12/7/14 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 2/18/15 at 11:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
Noble K10 vs JH Roxannes - Page 18
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Here's another of the universal. Just shows how conditions vary the result. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but always best to listen and not draw conclusions from pictures of what are known to be VG products.
Don't get me wrong here. I loved the K10 when I heard it as well. I just think folks should strictly stick to listening and reviews, even if reasonably well versed in reading graphs.
Edited by goodvibes - 8/11/14 at 8:49am
I've listened to the JH Roxanne for three days at home (with a universal, naturally). And I definitely noted that comparing graphs between different sources should be taken with a grain of salt, but, I disagree that graphs are meaningless or that there's no possible information that we can draw from them.
For example, these graphs, including the one you posted, show very clearly that the treble and mids are not flat. That could be useful to know for a prospective buyer. Maybe it's just what they are looking for, maybe it's not what they are looking for. It's good information.
I said earlier:
"Hearing for one's self is the best, of course.
Here is a graph for the Roxanne to help understand what we hear and what others may be describing"
I think I'll stick to that ;)
Only if you show a graph from a competing product with a graph from the same source and are aware of the test characteristics. I only said inconclusive as to things like confirming 'house sound' or overall goodness from very differing graph sources. I think that was over reaching. Of course, each designer has his own ear but it only goes so far as each design will have limitations, regardless of price. I had no desire to change from my JH13fp for either of the flagships in question and didn't think the Roxanne sounded all that similar or like JH16s or JH5s for that matter. I thought the K10 is more tonally neutral, a little warm and could use a touch more low bass but as good as it gets in terms of response. The Roxanne has better focus/perspective with a bit more black space. Neither fails at the other's attributes. Why both will sell well and while not important to me, the bass tune will help a wider audience.
Edited by goodvibes - 8/11/14 at 10:07am
This is almost exactly what I was hearing. recessed mid, huge lower treble peak. extremely rolled off extension.
Too much sacrifice for instruments clarity/clearness and soundstage width.
Hearing for one's self is the best, of course.
Here is a graph for the Roxanne to help understand what we hear and what others may be describing:
You can compare it (taken with a grain of salt because graphs from different sources don't allow for close comparison) to the jh16 and jh13 graphs posted on head-fi and you can see the family resemblance.
They also have things like Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) if you check out the link.
It's interesting, yes?
Where is the 20khz high extension that Jerry Harvey talking about?
Yeah really. Why so shy Noble? Do we have to wait until the korean website measure the peaks and valleys? I want a graph to look at before I put big money down on customs.
Edited by SilverEars - 8/11/14 at 8:10pm
Now that I have to disagree if sample units are available to try. I think the hearing impression is the key than what you see from a chart :-P
But... if there's no trial units....
If the sample units are available, I would try the demo, but I like graph also. I just feel more assured and it's a quick assessment of the FR if I cannot make it to meets. For customs I'd like graphs still since demo will not be exactly like customs.
For example, UERM are said to be like the demo, but there are customs that are not.
I want tuning graphs, and I want it from all custom companies!!! I want to see it on their website. I have more trust in the brand if they share their graphs. I cannot trust reviews here(too much hype here at times and subjective). I trust the graphs more.
Edited by SilverEars - 8/11/14 at 8:41pm
Being a geek I like data and graphs too <grin>. I think it's fair to say take every reviews (not just here) with a pinch of salt (or in that matters, anything you heard) and analyse that yourself.
- Noble K10 vs JH Roxannes
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 14 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 21 seconds ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Koss Portapro Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3