Sure, but the house sound is pretty clearly defined by looking at them all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10tagged by nightmancometh, 1/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- Noble K-10? Enough Bass? Last post on 1/11/15 at 6:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship | discussion thread Last post on 9/5/15 at 11:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune, CustomArt) Last post on 8/29/16 at 11:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What's the best 10 driver universal IEM right now? Last post on 1/8/16 at 7:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 11/15/15 at 11:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
Noble K10 vs JH Roxannes - Page 18
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Here's another of the universal. Just shows how conditions vary the result. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but always best to listen and not draw conclusions from pictures of what are known to be VG products.
Don't get me wrong here. I loved the K10 when I heard it as well. I just think folks should strictly stick to listening and reviews, even if reasonably well versed in reading graphs.
Edited by goodvibes - 8/11/14 at 8:49am
I've listened to the JH Roxanne for three days at home (with a universal, naturally). And I definitely noted that comparing graphs between different sources should be taken with a grain of salt, but, I disagree that graphs are meaningless or that there's no possible information that we can draw from them.
For example, these graphs, including the one you posted, show very clearly that the treble and mids are not flat. That could be useful to know for a prospective buyer. Maybe it's just what they are looking for, maybe it's not what they are looking for. It's good information.
I said earlier:
"Hearing for one's self is the best, of course.
Here is a graph for the Roxanne to help understand what we hear and what others may be describing"
I think I'll stick to that ;)
Only if you show a graph from a competing product with a graph from the same source and are aware of the test characteristics. I only said inconclusive as to things like confirming 'house sound' or overall goodness from very differing graph sources. I think that was over reaching. Of course, each designer has his own ear but it only goes so far as each design will have limitations, regardless of price. I had no desire to change from my JH13fp for either of the flagships in question and didn't think the Roxanne sounded all that similar or like JH16s or JH5s for that matter. I thought the K10 is more tonally neutral, a little warm and could use a touch more low bass but as good as it gets in terms of response. The Roxanne has better focus/perspective with a bit more black space. Neither fails at the other's attributes. Why both will sell well and while not important to me, the bass tune will help a wider audience.
Edited by goodvibes - 8/11/14 at 10:07am
This is almost exactly what I was hearing. recessed mid, huge lower treble peak. extremely rolled off extension.
Too much sacrifice for instruments clarity/clearness and soundstage width.
Hearing for one's self is the best, of course.
Here is a graph for the Roxanne to help understand what we hear and what others may be describing:
You can compare it (taken with a grain of salt because graphs from different sources don't allow for close comparison) to the jh16 and jh13 graphs posted on head-fi and you can see the family resemblance.
They also have things like Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) if you check out the link.
It's interesting, yes?
Where is the 20khz high extension that Jerry Harvey talking about?
Yeah really. Why so shy Noble? Do we have to wait until the korean website measure the peaks and valleys? I want a graph to look at before I put big money down on customs.
Edited by SilverEars - 8/11/14 at 8:10pm
Now that I have to disagree if sample units are available to try. I think the hearing impression is the key than what you see from a chart :-P
But... if there's no trial units....
If the sample units are available, I would try the demo, but I like graph also. I just feel more assured and it's a quick assessment of the FR if I cannot make it to meets. For customs I'd like graphs still since demo will not be exactly like customs.
For example, UERM are said to be like the demo, but there are customs that are not.
I want tuning graphs, and I want it from all custom companies!!! I want to see it on their website. I have more trust in the brand if they share their graphs. I cannot trust reviews here(too much hype here at times and subjective). I trust the graphs more.
Edited by SilverEars - 8/11/14 at 8:41pm
Being a geek I like data and graphs too <grin>. I think it's fair to say take every reviews (not just here) with a pinch of salt (or in that matters, anything you heard) and analyse that yourself.
Guys, graphs of headphone and earphone measurements are not at all reliable above 10 kHz, let alone anything higher, so please do NOT take them as any kind of authority.
- Noble K10 vs JH Roxannes
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 2 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 4 minutes ago
- › 1989 VS 2017............M.............E!! 5 minutes ago
- › CHEAP. BIG SOUND STAGE. COMFORTABLE. kind of BIG. CLOSED BACK. 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...