New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble K10 vs JH Roxannes - Page 15

post #211 of 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripvanlink View Post

One thing though that I haven't seen considered but may be somewhat important is that Noble is very responsive here on Head-fi and reminds me of The guys from Fiio. Both companies seem to care very much what we here at Head-fi think and I know Fiio puts that care into their products. I so much like and appreciate that and it is a rare quality, don't you think?
On the other hand, I have yet to see any comment here at all from JHA. Can anyone prove me wrong?

Deffo a plus when parting with your hard earned cash, peace of mind. I emailed jhaudio a simple query and took over a week to reply, for me puts me off a purchase, quite scary actually if you should need the support.
post #212 of 400

There's no doubt one will get better service if you go with the K10s as they probably aren't as flooded with orders than the Roxannes. From what I heard, it'll still take at least 6 months to make the CF Roxannes and that's a real bummer if you don't have an extra pair of decent IEMs to listen to while waiting.

post #213 of 400

What's this about the wizard design? Does that mean there is an additional price then, as opposed to no extra charge if you choose your own art?

post #214 of 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripvanlink View Post
 

What's this about the wizard design? Does that mean there is an additional price then, as opposed to no extra charge if you choose your own art?

With Noble, there are 3 levels of customization:

 

1) Your own design: it's free (I believe there may be a slight up charge for custom artwork, but I don't recall as I haven't done that option).  You specify the colors, add any other options (gold or silver nuggets, glitter, copper filament, etc).

 

2) Wizard Reprint: this costs an additional $200.  You can choose one of the previous Wizard designs (find one on Facebook, here in the forums, on Instagram, etc) and they will remake that design for you.  It's a great way to reproduce a favorite design, but you don't get to add additional input.

 

3) Original Wizard Design: this costs $300.  The Wizard will make a new one-off custom design for your CIEM.  You can give some input (for example, colors, theme, other designs you've liked in the past), or you can just let the Wizard work his magic (my preferred option).

 

I had the Wizard option on my K10s and gave him complete control.  I love how they turned out.  I did my own design on my wife's 4Cs (well, rather, I gave some input as to colors and added a request that the Noble crown logo be placed on the faceplates) and they turned out well, too (they're the "watermelon" 4Cs on the Noble Facebook / Instagram feeds).

 

Hope that helps you.

post #215 of 400

Yes, thank you, now I know. I'm gonna add my own art then. I'm on limited income and it may be November when I can give the Noble the money. In that case, though, I could have them early December when my birthday comes on the 10th.

post #216 of 400
There will probably be a black Friday sale (and possibly 20% off) in late November, so if money is an issue I would wait for that, if you are waiting for November anyways.
post #217 of 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick530 View Post
 

There's no doubt one will get better service if you go with the K10s as they probably aren't as flooded with orders than the Roxannes. From what I heard, it'll still take at least 6 months to make the CF Roxannes and that's a real bummer if you don't have an extra pair of decent IEMs to listen to while waiting.


Yeah, well, the way I've been reading on Head-fi the way people are remarking about the K10 against JHA, Shure and others, Noble may be in for an avalanche pretty soon. Better order up soon then. I'm just hoping it won't be too late when I order my K10 in November!

Then again, JHA, InEar and others are still getting a fair amount of attention, it seems.

post #218 of 400

I had the chance to briefly tried both universal Roxanne and K10 in the Hong Kong audio expo today. The environment was kinda noisy with many people talking and huge speakers in various show room booming. 

 

I have the feeling that I had much better sealing with Roxanne than K10 so please take my impression with a large grain of salt.

 

  • Overall feeling Roxanne is darker/warmer than K10.
  • It has a wider soundstage which gave me a speaker-like experience. K10's sound was more cohered and felt headphone-like.
  • The bass on the Roxanne (set to 2 o'clock) was plenty and fuller. The bass on the K10 was plenty too, but quantity wise Roxanne will beat it. In my limited imagination and wording, the comparison is more like Roxanne's bass is a basketball and K10's bass is baseball. 
  • K10 reached to a higher (?) treble and relatively to Roxanne, more transparent/analytic from mid to high. Even so I didn't feel K10's treble is harsh.
  • Size: Roxanne -> XL, K10 -> M

Edited by nevin - 8/8/14 at 5:49am
post #219 of 400
Nevin,

Great comparison & cheers. I agree with most points you've mentioned except with K10s I feel it doesn't have as much upper trebles as the universal Rox I'm borrowing from Currawong.

Great brief impressions though.
post #220 of 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevin View Post
 

I had the chance to briefly tried both universal Roxanne and K10 in the Hong Kong audio expo today. The environment was kinda noisy with many people talking and huge speakers in various show room booming. 

 

I have the feeling that I had much better sealing with Roxanne than K10 so please take my impression with a large grain of salt.

 

  • Overall feeling Roxanne is darker/warmer than K10.
  • It has a wider soundstage which gave me a speaker-like experience. K10's sound was more cohered and felt headphone-like.
  • The bass on the Roxanne (set to 2 o'clock) was plenty and fuller. The bass on the K10 was plenty too, but quantity wise Roxanne will beat it. In my limited imagination and wording, the comparison is more like Roxanne's bass is a basketball and K10's bass is baseball. 
  • K10 reached to a higher (?) treble and relatively to Roxanne, more transparent/analytic from mid to high. Even so I didn't feel K10's treble is harsh.

baseball? lol you mean quantity wise? I do feel that when roxanne is adjusted to roughly the same amount of bass as K10. Roxanne's bass feels like a brand new basketball, while k10's feels like a basketball that needs a little more air-pump.

 

But both K10 and roxanne are warm actually. K10 does extends further, like AnakChan says, K10 is more linear and smooth at lower treble compared to roxanne. 

post #221 of 400

No one own both in custom versions ? -Other than the two vendors I guess.. :)  A better environment to do a head to head test would be nice.  IMHO.

post #222 of 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by toears View Post
 

No one own both in custom versions ? -Other than the two vendors I guess.. :)  A better environment to do a head to head test would be nice.  IMHO.

here ;) I prefer K10 over roxanne

post #223 of 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

here ;) I prefer K10 over roxanne

So your review above is solely for universals right ?  Should the signature not be the same for uni and customs ?  In theory at least. 

post #224 of 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by toears View Post
 

So your review above is solely for universals right ?  Should the signature not be the same for uni and customs ?  In theory at least. 

No my impressions is solely for customs. But I have also heard K10 and roxanne universals. They actually both sound a little different from the custom versions (depending what tips you use). But not by much. 

I think the universal (demo) K10 has less bass rumble, making it a little more neutral than my custom. 


Edited by tupac0306 - 8/8/14 at 4:13am
post #225 of 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

No my impressions is solely for customs. But I have also heard K10 and roxanne universals. They actually both sound a little different from the custom versions (depending what tips you use). But not by much. 

I think the universal (demo) K10 has less bass rumble, making it a little more neutral than my custom. 

Very good, I get it now.   How about build quality on your customs (roxanne and K10), any differences worth mentioning ? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: