New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble K10 vs JH Roxannes - Page 2

post #16 of 354

It's pretty funny seeing people in a position to give an opinion declining to do so. It seems fairly clear to me they would rather wait until others have weighed in on the subject so they don't say something that the majority later disagrees with.

post #17 of 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioops View Post

It's pretty funny seeing people in a position to give an opinion declining to do so. It seems fairly clear to me they would rather wait until others have weighed in on the subject so they don't say something that the majority later disagrees with.

It hurts to be little.

Anyway I've avoided giving my opinion because my cable's busted again and I've been listening more to the K10s right now.
post #18 of 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioops View Post
 

It's pretty funny seeing people in a position to give an opinion declining to do so. It seems fairly clear to me they would rather wait until others have weighed in on the subject so they don't say something that the majority later disagrees with.

Or maybe they want to give an educated opinion, making sure they really get to know the product instead of just spewing out praise while heavily under the spell of New Toy Syndrome.

 

I had my K10 for 3 months before saying a word about them.

post #19 of 354

Posting this on the Noble thread:

 

I have been holding back on this for a month or so, because I feel some may feel strongly against what I will say.

 

The K10 sounds better than the Roxannes.

 

I have done my testing, I have also asked my friends (who oddly have the same ear shape and therefore can listen to the K10s and Roxannes side-by-side) to test both. All of us have varying tastes in music and listen to different parts of music. One listens to how it sounds and how it replicates sound, one listens to metal and loves clarity in his recordings, and the other loves his guitars and drums. All of them agree on the Kaiser 10 being a one over the Roxanne.

 

I honestly had put my chips behind the Roxannes, but after listening to them I felt they slightly underwhelmed. I said to myself, give it time, it will grow on you... But unfortunately the K10 has proven itself to be the victor for me. It may depend on your ears and your taste, but for me, the reigning champion is the Kaiser 10. Dynamically, musically, vocally, our general consensus is, Noble has done something amazing with this CIEM.

 

I will be preparing my full review in a few days/weeks, along with some photos.

 

All hail the king, Kaiser 10!

post #20 of 354

Thank you for your opinion. I look forward to your full review/comparison. Out of curiosity, have you heard the JH13 FPs and, if so, what were your thoughts on them?

post #21 of 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioops View Post
 

Thank you for your opinion. I look forward to your full review/comparison. Out of curiosity, have you heard the JH13 FPs and, if so, what were your thoughts on them?

 My review of the JH13s:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/jh-audio-jh13-pro-custom-in-ear-monitors/reviews/9896

post #22 of 354

Awesome. I know that what I'm about to ask you is entirely subjective and, as I don't know how your taste correlates to my own, almost certainly meaningless... but would you care to comment on your feelings are regards to the value of the JH13s for their price compared to the value of the K10s with their price?

post #23 of 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioops View Post
 

Awesome. I know that what I'm about to ask you is entirely subjective and, as I don't know how your taste correlates to my own, almost certainly meaningless... but would you care to comment on your feelings are regards to the value of the JH13s for their price compared to the value of the K10s with their price?

 

For both, you get what you pay for, is what I'll say.


The JH13 is still an amazing CIEM, but its worth to note that they are monitors, used primarily in studio and performances. The instruments pop more with them and especially guitars. Very honest IEMs, as bad recordings will be BAD on them.

 

The K10 is for listening, more for enjoying the music. Warm and musical, with great deep lows and sparkly highs. The vocals are so cleanly split from the instruments it seems impossible but true. Sibilance is nil, and it guarantees enjoyment. Don't hurt that the design is beautiful as heck as well.

 

I'd say they're both worth it :)


Edited by VisceriousZERO - 2/8/14 at 6:31am
post #24 of 354
double poooost
post #25 of 354

The 13 is neutral enough that a simple cable change alters they sig significantly. They can be mellowed a bit with a occ unplated copper cable if that's what your looking for. Of course, one copper may not sound like the next.

 

VZ, thanks for the honest take.:bigsmile_face: Too bad you can't try the Noble cable on the Roxanne. I understand that it's the best stock cable around though I haven't heard it.


Edited by goodvibes - 2/8/14 at 7:01am
post #26 of 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

The 13 is neutral enough that a simple cable change alters they sig significantly. They can be mellowed a bit with a occ unplated copper cable if that's what your looking for. Of course, one copper may not sound like the next.

 

VZ, thanks for the honest take.:bigsmile_face: Too bad you can't try the Noble cable on the Roxanne. I understand that it's the best stock cable around though I haven't heard it.

 

yeah, waiting on DHC to send me Roxy cables :)

post #27 of 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post
 

The K10 sounds better than the Roxannes.

My wallet thanks you.

post #28 of 354
Hmm I had my sights set on the Roxanne's but this changes everything.
post #29 of 354

I've heard the roxanne's and i was blown away but living in nyc and i haven't gotten and a chance to demo some k10's hopefully in the near future. Then i can do my own assessment between the two as I've only read good things from the k10's.

post #30 of 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomotan View Post

K10 looks pretty nice.

Agreed those wizard designs always blow me away.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: