Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread - Page 25

post #361 of 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

May I have a link to the bottom cable pictured Wokei? =)

Of course ....here u go http://www.aliexpress.com/item/silver-plated-3-5mm-to-3-5mm-Plug-MP3-Player-To-Headphone-Amplifier-Interconnect-Audio-Cable/1734567303.html
post #362 of 788
Thread Starter 



Thank you! =)

post #363 of 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post



Thank you! =)

Sure mate ...not a problem at all ..glad to help
post #364 of 788

That angled Neutrik interconnect was in my wishlist for some time...

 

Since I already have a longer, 4 wire version I didn't order.

 

But thinking of the total price (15 USD) it seems as a steal. Hope the cable they use is a good one.

 

Please inform us about the quality after you receive them @Wokei

 

 

 

PS: The price for single Neutrik jack is nearly 9 USD (icluding shipping)!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutrik-NTP3RC-3-5mm-1-8-Stereo-Right-Angle-Mini-Plug-Nickel-Contacts-Case-/181419687555?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2a3d74be83

post #365 of 788

BTW, I am approaching 85 hours now. No signs of flat battery yet. Apart from the sound quality this battery run time alone is worth spending 40 bucks :wink_face:

 

I really want to now what kind of chip they used inside...

post #366 of 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baycode View Post

That angled Neutrik interconnect was in my wishlist for some time...

Since I already have a longer, 4 wire version I didn't order.

But thinking of the total price (15 USD) it seems as a steal. Hope the cable they use is a good one.

Please inform us about the quality after you receive them @Wokei



PS: The price for single Neutrik jack is nearly 9 USD (icluding shipping)!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutrik-NTP3RC-3-5mm-1-8-Stereo-Right-Angle-Mini-Plug-Nickel-Contacts-Case-/181419687555?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2a3d74be83

Will do...in 2 weeks or more.

Me have the same thought too... just the plugs itself... so why not
post #367 of 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baycode View Post

BTW, I am approaching 85 hours now. No signs of flat battery yet. Apart from the sound quality this battery run time alone is worth spending 40 bucks wink_face.gif

I really want to now what kind of chip they used inside...

Lost count of the hours used ....me been using for the past 10 days.

Btw ...just bought another cable ...fyi ...28USD Acrolink straight to 90 degree 3.5mm plug with silver cable

post #368 of 788

Each day goes by I am regretting ordering from Ali Express, even though I saved $6 from not getting it from Amazon or Radioddity.  I looked into my AliExpress account today and found something interesting.

 

There are two orders in my account.

1. NX1 that is awaiting payment (I already paid)

2. NX1 that has been shipped.

 

I have no idea what that #1 order is, but I'm leaving it be for now.  I emailed them to find out how I can track #2 because every site I've tried cannot find it based on the tracking number provided. 

 

As for the cable, is it necessary?  Some of them look really nice.

post #369 of 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrian View Post

Each day goes by I am regretting ordering from Ali Express, even though I saved $6 from not getting it from Amazon or Radioddity.  I looked into my AliExpress account today and found something interesting.

There are two orders in my account.
1. NX1 that is awaiting payment (I already paid)
2. NX1 that has been shipped.

I have no idea what that #1 order is, but I'm leaving it be for now.  I emailed them to find out how I can track #2 because every site I've tried cannot find it based on the tracking number provided. 

As for the cable, is it necessary?  Some of them look really nice.

If I can get my butt off the sofa I will compare the original NX1cable with my Neutrik golden angled jack, silver 4 conductor interconnect wire and report today.
post #370 of 788
Comparisons finished smily_headphones1.gif

Silver wire with neutrik gold jack is very close to the performance to NX1 cable for most -hard hitting- songs. On calm music like Susan Wong "My Cherie Amour" I can detect slight differences. Silver wire yielded slightly more details and slightly higher volume.

Is it worth spending extra 15USD (I am talking about the cable that wokei ordered) on a better cable? Well it depends... Lets wait for more inputs on this topic.
post #371 of 788
FYI: I ordered on June 26 from ebay:
 
 
with free shipping (which they later changed) and it arrived today (July 10) to Dublin, Ireland. Unfortunately, I'm away for two weeks, so can't play with it yet.
post #372 of 788
Just ordered one for £21.99 from a seller in the Netherlands from ebay. Based on the reviews on here I'm really looking forward to it as my portable rig after the e18 turned out to be much less portable than I'd hoped.
post #373 of 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefu View Post

Looks like I ordered mine from the same seller. Was hoping for speedier postage than that but it seems like its probably worth the wait.
post #374 of 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrecedent View Post


Looks like I ordered mine from the same seller. Was hoping for speedier postage than that but it seems like its probably worth the wait.

Yeah, I was hoping to get it before my trip... missed it by almost a week. The sellers ships in 48h, but this is of course working days only and from my experience registered mail seems to be painfully slow, but well... it was free shipping.

post #375 of 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baycode View Post

Comparisons finished smily_headphones1.gif

Silver wire with neutrik gold jack is very close to the performance to NX1 cable for most -hard hitting- songs. On calm music like Susan Wong "My Cherie Amour" I can detect slight differences. Silver wire yielded slightly more details and slightly higher volume.

Is it worth spending extra 15USD (I am talking about the cable that wokei ordered) on a better cable? Well it depends... Lets wait for more inputs on this topic.

Me have not use the original cable that comes together with Topping NX1 ...instead have been usiing these three cable ..see pic



First cable from left ...sound warmer ..bass wee bit harder ...

Middle cable .....bass wee bit less than first cable but details n treble wee bit clear

Third cable on the right ....best of both world of the two above ( thick pure silver cable )

Me dont think difference is night and day ...but noticeable ...maybe with better source or different amp might yield much more ...I dont have any other amp to compare with...so have to take me comparison for what its worth with a pinch of salt ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread