or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones) - Page 31

post #451 of 1648

BTW guys, if you get the discount replacement pads, be careful with glasses. The earpieces of mine managed to poke right through the seams and I had to get another pair. 

post #452 of 1648

Sub! I think I have an idea for my next purchase.

Having sold few of my headphones so I have some money to spare. I had been contemplating to get the Senn HD700 (mostly for the comfort) but after reading 30 pages of I guess I'm leaning towards FAD Pandora Hope VI now. Hopefully my ear doesn't have too much problem with the pad issue as mentioned several times in here.

post #453 of 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupleh View Post
 

Sub! I think I have an idea for my next purchase.

Having sold few of my headphones so I have some money to spare. I had been contemplating to get the Senn HD700 (mostly for the comfort) but after reading 30 pages of I guess I'm leaning towards FAD Pandora Hope VI now. Hopefully my ear doesn't have too much problem with the pad issue as mentioned several times in here.

 

It will. The stock pads are terrible. Ten bucks, get these: http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Compatible-Beyerdynamic-Professional-Headphone/dp/B00HBSNUO2

post #454 of 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

It will. The stock pads are terrible. Ten bucks, get these: http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Compatible-Beyerdynamic-Professional-Headphone/dp/B00HBSNUO2

 

Thanks for the link, saw that a few pages back. Added to my wish list. :D

post #455 of 1648
How does this headphone compare to the HE-400? I know mid-range will sound better, is it similar to that of the HD 650 but more laid back? How does the bass compare, having a dedicated bass woofer to the HE-400?

I want an upgrade to my HE-400, but nothing in the ~$700 range that I want to spend is interesting me. I don't want an HE-500 or an HE-400i because I want to try something new. Would anybody mind making some comparisons for me?
Edited by ToddTheMetalGod - 5/10/14 at 1:14pm
post #456 of 1648

I've tried the HE-400, the HE-500, and the HE-6, as well as the LCD-2. The PH6 is so far above them it's not even funny. Fuller bass, better mids, clearer highs, more pleasant imaging and soundstage, just everything. I was ready to buy some LCD-2s but pulled the trigger here, and incredibly glad I did. 

post #457 of 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

I've tried the HE-400, the HE-500, and the HE-6, as well as the LCD-2. The PH6 is so far above them it's not even funny. Fuller bass, better mids, clearer highs, more pleasant imaging and soundstage, just everything. I was ready to buy some LCD-2s but pulled the trigger here, and incredibly glad I did. 
Thanks, that gives me a lot more faith. I'll probably go for them, they would compliment my speakers and HE-400 nicely. Also they're easy to drive. It's pretty much a no-brainer. Thanks for the input.
post #458 of 1648
Thread Starter 

The Hope VI loves this song!




post #459 of 1648

Hi Guys,

 

I do 98 percent of my listening lying down on my bed. This being a heavy headphone do you see this as being an issue (Audeze LCD 2 was a problem, plus very uncomferatable regardless of position - sitting or lying down).

 

Are the ear pads non-angled ? (trying to assess if lying down no matter where the headband is placed (ie. on forehead so as to keep the pads/headphone over ears)  the sound stage would remain the same).

post #460 of 1648

Non angled pads and the headband actually rotates on the ear cups. When lying down you can move the headband so it's more toward the front of the head.

 

HOWEVER, the earpads are huge, so if you're lying with your head on a pillow the pads will get pushed on. What you'll need to is get a small pillow that you can align vertically with your head and spine so it supports your head but the earpads are free hanging. Otherwise they'll get shoved into an awkward position. 

post #461 of 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

Non angled pads and the headband actually rotates on the ear cups. When lying down you can move the headband so it's more toward the front of the head.

 

HOWEVER, the earpads are huge, so if you're lying with your head on a pillow the pads will get pushed on. What you'll need to is get a small pillow that you can align vertically with your head and spine so it supports your head but the earpads are free hanging. Otherwise they'll get shoved into an awkward position 

A maybe stupid sounding but still true remark: 

In this case having a bald head helps a lot ... The headband sits firmly on my head and doesn't move, somehow it stays put with the skin. Probably due to the leather. I have no problems whatsoever lying down with these phones.

I love the sound so much that I just ordered the Heaven VI inears from FAD (via Japan) to get the same sound sig (hopefully) when I'm travelling. 

 

This improves the pricing a bit (at least in Europe)   

post #462 of 1648

Thanks for the input & advice SomeGuyDude, exactly what I needed to know especially regarding the small pillow needed for this situation. Appreciated.

post #463 of 1648
How does the mid-range compare to the HD 650 on these? I know it'll be more laid back, but does it sound recessed in comparison. God, I wish I could hear these.
post #464 of 1648

I don't think mids are recessed at all. Can't say by comparison to the HD650 since I only have limited listening to those, but the sound here is SO much livelier and crisper. 

post #465 of 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

I don't think mids are recessed at all. Can't say by comparison to the HD650 since I only have limited listening to those, but the sound here is SO much livelier and crisper. 
Cool, I like that sort of sound. Thanks again for all your help. My perfect headphone would be like a cross between the HE-400 and HD 650. I think this should have the qualities I'm looking for. The closed back design always scares me because I don't like many closed back headphones. I did listen to the D5000 and D7000 for a couple minutes and liked what I heard though, the mids weren't too bad... but over time I would've become restless with them. These should be much better in the mid-range, and everyone says the vocals on these are good.

Once I get some money I'll almost certainly pull the trigger on these. Thanks for reassuring me, guys/girls.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)