Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced Armature Driver IEM - Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced Armature Driver IEM - Impressions - Page 18

post #256 of 288
Hello everyone, I want to add that for me the best tips were from the sony xba3 . The ones with green inner sleeve
Those worked well on the primo 8

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #257 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dqope21 View Post
 

I just compared these to the Sennheiser IE800 and Shure SE846. Although they lose in clarity by a bit, I prefer the Primo 8's mature sound over the others. These really present the music in a way I've never heard before. Anyone else agree? I'd be interested in hearing more feedback on these.

Alright I just wanted to take my previous statement back about the IE800's. Those things are on another level. 

 

The Primo 8 is still very good but sounds much more secluded and limited.

post #258 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dqope21 View Post
 

Alright I just wanted to take my previous statement back about the IE800's. Those things are on another level. 

 

The Primo 8 is still very good but sounds much more secluded and limited.


I had the Shure SE846 and I have been careful not to compare these to a IEM costing 300-500 more. I think the SE 846 are in a different level but so is the price.

post #259 of 288
post #260 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post
 

My review went up a couple days ago: http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/nuforce-primo-8.410838/

 

Nice review! These were on loan to you?

post #261 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by subguy812 View Post
 

Nice review! These were on loan to you?

 

They are a review sample, yes. 

post #262 of 288
How does the Primo 8 perform for listening to acoustic jazz? I mainly listen to piano trios. And how does it compare to Shure 535, Weston W40 for Jazz?

Will it perform OK with either my iPod Touch (3rd gen) and my HTC One M8 phone (using Powerplay app). My music is all in Apple Lossless.

My current IEM is the Klipsch X10i, but I would like more definition in mids and highs.

It is difficult for me to audition IEM's as I live in rural Australia (and anyway the Nuforce is not available here anywhere). So I will probably need to purchase online with a vendor who will accept a return.
post #263 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziejazz View Post

How does the Primo 8 perform for listening to acoustic jazz? I mainly listen to piano trios. And how does it compare to Shure 535, Weston W40 for Jazz?

Will it perform OK with either my iPod Touch (3rd gen) and my HTC One M8 phone (using Powerplay app). My music is all in Apple Lossless.

My current IEM is the Klipsch X10i, but I would like more definition in mids and highs.

It is difficult for me to audition IEM's as I live in rural Australia (and anyway the Nuforce is not available here anywhere). So I will probably need to purchase online with a vendor who will accept a return.


Perfect for what you are wanting....perfect

post #264 of 288

Do it, the Primo 8 is leaps and bounds better than the X10 as I have both.

post #265 of 288

Got a chance to buy a new set of Primo 8 for $ 380. For the same price another iem on my list is the JVC HA-FX850, and it has been said the wooden case have better tone and timbre. Would appreciate input if anyone actually heard both.

post #266 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeni View Post
 

Got a chance to buy a new set of Primo 8 for $ 380. For the same price another iem on my list is the JVC HA-FX850, and it has been said the wooden case have better tone and timbre. Would appreciate input if anyone actually heard both.

Good price how did you manage that?

post #267 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeni View Post
 

Got a chance to buy a new set of Primo 8 for $ 380. For the same price another iem on my list is the JVC HA-FX850, and it has been said the wooden case have better tone and timbre. Would appreciate input if anyone actually heard both.


The FX850 is more of a fun iem but with some amazing timbre and stage. Primo 8 is more neutral and closer to a reference type sound. If you like your sound more technical and more neutral I would go for the Primo 8.. If you love your bass, wide stage and more of a musical type signature the FX850 is fantastic. Made more for enjoying your tunes more so than picking apart details.. Both are fantastic iems you can't go wrong with either one but depending on what type of sound your going for one is better than the other.

post #268 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


The FX850 is more of a fun iem but with some amazing timbre and stage. Primo 8 is more neutral and closer to a reference type sound. If you like your sound more technical and more neutral I would go for the Primo 8.. If you love your bass, wide stage and more of a musical type signature the FX850 is fantastic. Made more for enjoying your tunes more so than picking apart details.. Both are fantastic iems you can't go wrong with either one but depending on what type of sound your going for one is better than the other.

No idea about the primo, but I'd argue that the fx850 has amazing imaging rather than amazing stage which is really good but not something I'd call attention to. And the Primo 8 must be pretty darn detailed then cuz I was actually reaaaally impressed with the amount of detail the FX850 put out, especially given all that bass.


BTW, I'm super glad Nuforce did so good with these (per all the positive reviews)! I always loved the NE-6/7. They were incredibly dynamic with a great depth of sound, great rhythm and always impressed me with their musicality.
post #269 of 288

I would say the mids are more focused on the Primo 8 than the FX850 with greater inner detail of your music. BA precision playing a part here. The detail on the FX850 for being a single wood driver is pretty amazing especially for being bass heavy but on a technical level I would give the nod to the Primo 8s. 

 

Both these phones do their respective sounds so well I would have a hard time parting with either one.

post #270 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by subguy812 View Post
 

Good price how did you manage that?

A dealer in Hong Kong is offering such lower price. May be I could ask for a little further discount.

 

I asked the dealer the reason for the lower price and if Nuforce is going to change model, but apparently he has no idea.

 

So apparently from what I am reading here, for all the "phrase coherence" claimed by Nuforce the Primo 8 does not have a decidely advantage over the FX850.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced Armature Driver IEM - Impressions