or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Who got headphones?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who got headphones? - Page 4

post #46 of 66

So tempted to just do without sound at night, and grab a pair of philips x1's. Mad lust envy's review has kinda sold me on them, they are also only £150 here atm on amazon, which is cheaper than the US. Usually they hover around the £180-£200 mark.

 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Fidelio-X1-00-Headphones/dp/B008ZW2T7M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388203500&sr=8-1&keywords=+Philips+Fidelio+X1

 

What do you think? Looking for "fun"/"warm" headphones with a good sound stage.

post #47 of 66

Wow that's a nice price for the Fidelio, If you are ok with open headphones I'd get them. 

post #48 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyforger View Post

So tempted to just do without sound at night, and grab a pair of philips x1's. Mad lust envy's review has kinda sold me on them, they are also only £150 here atm on amazon, which is cheaper than the US. Usually they hover around the £180-£200 mark.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Fidelio-X1-00-Headphones/dp/B008ZW2T7M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388203500&sr=8-1&keywords=+Philips+Fidelio+X1

What do you think? Looking for "fun"/"warm" headphones with a good sound stage.
MA900 has the best soundstage I've heard. It's very smooth and warm sounding with good Bass. At it's price it's a bargain and I prefer them over the X1.
post #49 of 66
Thread Starter 
It sounds as if you are in UK. If so. www.hifiheadphones.co.uk are brilliant. Knowledgeable advice and will let you return headphones if you don't like them. If you can get to Brighton they do demos by appointment. You cannot beat hearing for yourself.
post #50 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

It sounds as if you are in UK. If so. www.hifiheadphones.co.uk are brilliant. Knowledgeable advice and will let you return headphones if you don't like them. If you can get to Brighton they do demos by appointment. You cannot beat hearing for yourself.

 

Excellent link thank you, I will try ordering from there to see what they are like. Sadly it would be a rather long drive from scotland just to test out headphones, and with the price of gas here it wouldn't be the smartest move ever =p

 

Ouch there denon's are £220 more than amazons: http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/denon-ahd600-closed-back-circumaural-audiophile-headphones-prodid-4575.html

 

 

This is going to sound like an odd question, but does the beyer 880's leak less than other open headphones(since they are semi open). I could have them at low volumes at night, my partner agreed to where small earplugs at night aslong as they don't leak as much as say the completely open sony ma900's.

 

It's just I really do enjoy the comfort/build of the beyers and I don't want to move away from that and feel like I am getting a downgrade. Though I personally do not like the 770's overall.


Edited by skyforger - 12/28/13 at 11:42am
post #51 of 66
Thread Starter 
Errm yes Scotland to Brighton is not very practical! Maybe at least phone and have a chat. Ask to speak to John. I found him very sound. Or the man himself. Shaun. (Owner).
As I say if they recommend and you don't like I think they will happily exchange.
You have a wonderfully accommodating partner if they are prepared to wear earplugs!
In the scenario you describe IEM's would be ideal. I have mentioned them before. Maybe you don't like wearing them?
Finally. I would think that there will be a specialist dealer near you who could demo you some different options.
This place is great for advice on arriving at a short list but you ideally need to hear for yourself.
post #52 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyforger View Post
 

 

This is going to sound like an odd question, but does the beyer 880's leak less than other open headphones(since they are semi open). I could have them at low volumes at night, my partner agreed to where small earplugs at night aslong as they don't leak as much as say the completely open sony ma900's.

 

It's just I really do enjoy the comfort/build of the beyers and I don't want to move away from that and feel like I am getting a downgrade. Though I personally do not like the 770's overall.

Have you considered the DT660s which are closed but more neutral sounding? The soundstage will likely be similar tho.

post #53 of 66
The DT880 are pretty much open.
post #54 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

Errm yes Scotland to Brighton is not very practical! Maybe at least phone and have a chat. Ask to speak to John. I found him very sound. Or the man himself. Shaun. (Owner).
As I say if they recommend and you don't like I think they will happily exchange.
You have a wonderfully accommodating partner if they are prepared to wear earplugs!
In the scenario you describe IEM's would be ideal. I have mentioned them before. Maybe you don't like wearing them?
Finally. I would think that there will be a specialist dealer near you who could demo you some different options.
This place is great for advice on arriving at a short list but you ideally need to hear for yourself.

 

I am very skeptical about IEM's, I ruined my hearing by using them constantly when the very first ipod came out when I was still in highschool at the time. That was a looooooooooong time ago, my hearing has never been the same since.

post #55 of 66

I got an Audio Technica Ath-M35s, a FiiO e6 amp, and an iPod nano 7th generation.

post #56 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post
 

I got an Audio Technica Ath-M35s, a FiiO e6 amp, and an iPod nano 7th generation.

 

how do they sound with the e6?

post #57 of 66
Close...
I almost bought a pair of the 325i's tonight with the special extended cups for $293. Almost...

Can't make up my mind at all. Only reason I'm posting about it is so you guys can or will have your way with my procrastinating. wink.gif

Ron
post #58 of 66
Yes, I got new headphones for Christmas; Shure SRH1540’s. So far, I'm finding them far nicer than anything I've owned so far. Jon Hassel's analog recording, Fascinoma (I urge you to look it up!) has never revealed so much texture and detail as it does through the SRH1540s. Bliss!
Edited by Cannikin - 12/28/13 at 5:01pm
post #59 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyforger View Post

I am very skeptical about IEM's, I ruined my hearing by using them constantly when the very first ipod came out when I was still in highschool at the time. That was a looooooooooong time ago, my hearing has never been the same since.
Well obviously you have to use them as intended. Are you talking about earbuds or IEM's?
IEM's are less likely to cause hearing damage as you need less volume. Still have to be sensible but that goes for headphones in general.
post #60 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwu View Post
 

 

how do they sound with the e6?

 

I hear a bass boost even on flat EQ and it seems more refined in the bass department.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Who got headphones?