or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Who got headphones?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who got headphones? - Page 2

post #16 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyforger View Post


Will give them another 3-4 days burning in and if nothing changes will see what else is great in the same category. Wish I could go open.
If I may make a suggestion.
Don't get sucked into kidding yourself that they have improved after "burn in".
Personally I don't believe but even if you do be aware that it is very easy to convince yourself of what you want to be true.
Have a search for burn in on here if you want to see a never ending dispute!
Anyway. Another thought.
I recently auditioned all the Beyers with a friend.
We ended up preferring the Sennheiser 600 by miles.
A billy bargain in our opinion.
It's open so that's out.
How about making a virtue if necessity and trying IEM's instead?
post #17 of 66

Received HD558 and a Fiio E17.

WOW I am impressed.

They are my first decent headphones and they sound so much better than my old Goldring NS-1000. Difficult to describe how they are better but closest I can come up with is like the difference between SD tv and HD tv. Same picture but more detail and everything sharper.

They sound so much clearer with more detail.

Happy Christmas to all.

post #18 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post


If I may make a suggestion.
Don't get sucked into kidding yourself that they have improved after "burn in".
Personally I don't believe but even if you do be aware that it is very easy to convince yourself of what you want to be true.
Have a search for burn in on here if you want to see a never ending dispute!
Anyway. Another thought.
I recently auditioned all the Beyers with a friend.
We ended up preferring the Sennheiser 600 by miles.
A billy bargain in our opinion.
It's open so that's out.
How about making a virtue if necessity and trying IEM's instead?

 

Well I could go open, but I couldn't use them at night while my partner was sleeping/or napping. Which kinda defeats the purpose of them. I really do love a better sound stage/separation as gaming is my number one use for them.

post #19 of 66

Denon D5000 :)

post #20 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard177 View Post
 

Denon D5000 :)

Can't get them here, how about the d600's?

 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Denon-AH-D600-Over-Ear-Headphone/dp/B008MUXTSU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388118622&sr=8-1&keywords=Denon+D5000

post #21 of 66

199 pounds is not a bad price for the D600, but you should look on eBay, they're usually cheaper than that 

post #22 of 66

HD800. Technically I got them for myself, but you did say post anyway.

post #23 of 66

I am going to buy myself a late Christmas present...I have $450....just not sure what I want to get yet.

post #24 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard177 View Post

Denon D5000 smily_headphones1.gif
Yes. I was going to say. A mate loves his Denon 2000.
post #25 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

HD800. Technically I got them for myself, but you did say post anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

HD800. Technically I got them for myself, but you did say post anyway.
Lucky man. My favourite headphones. I even thought them better than the legendary Orpheus. Really work wonderfully with the matching DAC/Amp.
post #26 of 66
I wasn't given headphones directly, but was given a gift card to use specifically on my headphone of choice. I really have thought long and hard and decided to go with JBL S700. Ordered from Crutchfield yesterday. Here is to hoping I like them!
post #27 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarets View Post

I wasn't given headphones directly, but was given a gift card to use specifically on my headphone of choice. I really have thought long and hard and decided to go with JBL S700. Ordered from Crutchfield yesterday. Here is to hoping I like them!
let us know. smily_headphones1.gif
post #28 of 66

I got a pair of Bushmills x Grado just before Christmas and a pair of Grado RS1i the day after.

post #29 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyforger View Post
 

I got my first real pair of headphones and first ever amp with the money from my family/partner for christmas.

 

Got a pair of dt770's pro 80ohms and a Fiio e10, it's exciting to enter the world of highish end headphones. Well I had tried a pair of creative aurvanna lives, a pair of dt990s and my favorite so far the sony ma900's last year. Though due to money at the time, they all had to go back and I couldn't keep them.

 

I love the amp so far, though I may send back the dt770's and go a bit higher end or something different in the price range. I don't like them so far, still burning them in but the soundstage/musical separation is terrible on them. I know they are closed, but people praised them for having good soundstage and musical separation for being closed cans.

 

I am not expecting them to be as good as open in that department, though I expected them to be atleast better than the cals at 3 times the price.

 

Will give them another 3-4 days burning in and if nothing changes will see what else is great in the same category. Wish I could go open.

That's really strange, the DT770 are one of the best closed headphones that can produce a good stage. The CAL shouldn't even be close! I'm wondering if the problem is your Fiio E10??

 

It might be worth trying the D600. it's soundstage is really impressive and it is at the higher end of midfi approaching Hifi along with the D5000 and Mad dog.

 

other good soundstage headphones

dENON D2000/D5000

Mad Dogs

AKG K550(a bit boring sounding though)

Soundmagic HP100

post #30 of 66

The DT770's do need some burn time. I'd get some pink noise downloaded, put it on repeat, and let them play and play. That's what I did with mine. Made a difference. The DT770's are great headphones. I was kinda sorry when I sold mine.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Who got headphones?