I am looking for a good DAC for my current and future setup. These are my needs:
- 24-bit USB input and at least one other digital input
- Switch/button to select the input
- At least one RCA output and a headphone output (for my Beyerdynamic T70p)
- SNR: >=105dB
- Preferably a seperate master and headphone volume control
- An internal power supply (230V), but a seperate is also allowed
- Should work at least 3 years without problems/replacements
- Maximum budget of 400 euro/550 dollar (shipping and taxes included)
- Available in Europe
I am going to use the DAC for gaming, movies and music. The analog output will be used to connect the DAC to an amplifier (which I will buy in the future) and the headphone output will be driving my Beyerdynamic T70p.
I have been looking at the Audioengine D1, which seems to be good, but I have a question about it: How do you switch between the S/PDIF input and the USB input?
Thanks and happy holidays!