or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread - Page 7

post #91 of 579

Fiio e11 user REALLY eager to check this thing out. Heard great things about the ZO2. 

post #92 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

Fiio e11 user REALLY eager to check this thing out. Heard great things about the ZO2. 


The big question is whether it will honor the ZO 2 - that's a big question.  Much like M Audio's new headphone - will it honor the Q40? 

 

Wish they had allowed us some beta testing on this. 

post #93 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


The big question is whether it will honor the ZO 2 - that's a big question.  Much like M Audio's new headphone - will it honor the Q40? 

 

Wish they had allowed us some beta testing on this. 

 

How do you mean this? I'm curious.

post #94 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

How do you mean this? I'm curious.


Will the ZO3 be as good as the ZO2 is my point.  Just because it's made by Digizoid is no guarantee it will be as good.  That's all I'm saying.

post #95 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


Will the ZO3 be as good as the ZO2 is my point.  Just because it's made by Digizoid is no guarantee it will be as good.  That's all I'm saying.

Ohhh. I was confused by the "honor" verbiage, haha. Was wondering if there was some question that the ZO3 would be worth it.

 

I never know if it's worth waiting around for the next version when the current might be just fine. Then again, I have an e11, so heck, is there a reason to change away from it at all?

post #96 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

Ohhh. I was confused by the "honor" verbiage, haha. Was wondering if there was some question that the ZO3 would be worth it.

 

I never know if it's worth waiting around for the next version when the current might be just fine. Then again, I have an e11, so heck, is there a reason to change away from it at all?


Honestly, I never loved the ZO standalone as an amp, but with it piggybacked with either the E11 or BK, it added such an amazing thump. 

 

Maybe I didn't give it enough time but just loved the double amp setup so much.

post #97 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


Honestly, I never loved the ZO standalone as an amp, but with it piggybacked with either the E11 or BK, it added such an amazing thump. 

 

Maybe I didn't give it enough time but just loved the double amp setup so much.

 

That seems... superfluous. Plugging an amp into an amp? I've never heard of doing that. Why not just get a more powerful amp? 

post #98 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

That seems... superfluous. Plugging an amp into an amp? I've never heard of doing that. Why not just get a more powerful amp? 

It's kind of like the ZO treated as a pre amp and the E11 as the amp. We preamp things all the time, why not portables? Same principle.

Reason for doing it was to get the amazing bass boost of the ZO. At the time a number of guys were doing it so I gave it a shot. Liked it and had no distortion so ran my portable setup that way for a few months. Then I found vintage amps, lost interest in portables (at the time was using a portable setup for my at home solution) as my home setup and the rest is history.

No single portable can have the punch of what I heard/felt back then with the ZO / E11 combo but the Arrow 3G is close. Very.

Anyway, I'm open minded to new ideas and enjoyed the quality of bass it gave.
post #99 of 579

ZO3 will probably be better in this regard, it's more powerful than ZO2.3 and this is a huge deal for ZO, if any amp benefits by better amping the ZO certainly does like the "double-ampers" have already noticed. The ZO2.1 was already louder than ZO2.3 and the difference is clear. The ZO2.1 provides even more solid bass, it's more punchy, harder impact. The quantity they add is pretty much the same in the different steps but the ZO2.1 certainly have a harder punch to it at the same level as ZO2.3. ZO3 should be probably even more powerful than ZO2.1 so this could be interesting.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/20/14 at 9:29pm
post #100 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

ZO3 will probably be better in this regard, it's more powerful than ZO2.3 and this is a huge deal for ZO, if any amp benefits by better amping the ZO certainly does like the "double-ampers" have already noticed. The ZO2.1 was already louder than ZO2.3 and the difference is clear. The ZO2.1 provides even more solid bass, it's more punchy, harder impact. The quantity they add is pretty much the same in the different steps but the ZO2.1 certainly have a harder punch to it at the same level as ZO2.3. ZO3 should be probably even more powerful than ZO2.1 so this could be interesting.

Now we wait............
post #101 of 579

Yes, was hoping for an update as well for ZO3. I may try and pick up a ZO 2.1 in the meantime but does anyone know the battery life cycle on these... 300-1000 cycles ?

Can the battery be removed and a new one inserted or are they pretty much sealed on production ?


Edited by Lohb - 2/21/14 at 11:29pm
post #102 of 579

gonna preorder zo3 as soon as its available

 

YOLO

post #103 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by takutox View Post

gonna preorder zo3 as soon as its available

YOLO

Yay :3
post #104 of 579

If anyone has a ZO2.1 for sale let me know.... I may try one of those in the meantime.

post #105 of 579

Come on Digizoid...we need an updaaaaaate ! :L3000:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread