or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread - Page 6

post #76 of 579

Subbed. Excite. I've loved my Zo2 v.1 since I got it and I still use it daily.

post #77 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperMalum View Post
 

Subbed. Excite. I've loved my Zo2 v.1 since I got it and I still use it daily.


Same here, ZO2.1 daily... for hours...a day. :) TBH I don't see how ZO3 would make the Q40 sound better than this as the ZO2.1 has a perfect synergy for this headphone but I need to find out whichever is the case anyway. :p

But since I probably won't use Q40 forever (even if it starts looking like it xD) having as many different amps as possible helps to find that ideal sound.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 1/30/14 at 11:35am
post #78 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
 


Same here, ZO2.1 daily... for hours...a day. :) TBH I don't see how ZO3 would make the Q40 sound better than this as the ZO2.1 has a perfect synergy for this headphone but I need to find out whichever is the case anyway. :p

But since I probably won't use Q40 forever (even if it starts looking like it xD) having as many different amps as possible helps to find that ideal sound.

 

Hey, glad to see you're still around. It'd been like a few years since I hopped on head-fi. I remember you.

 

Funny thing is that I actually use my Zo2 for my car; plugged in through my phone and etc. - If I had a way to do my Headset as well, it'd be prime.

 

What I'm excited is to be able to pass on my Zo2 to somebody else that I know would definitely appreciate it... while I hog my new Zo3.

post #79 of 579
Crickets..........where's the updates?
post #80 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Crickets..........where's the updates?


You stole my words, was going to bump this up. :) Really curious about a status update. At this point I thought we would be able to make preorders already, seems like something is causing a bit of a delay.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/13/14 at 7:14am
post #81 of 579
Yeah.. This is one delayed self-christmas present..
post #82 of 579

Generally, if the ZO3 is a step up from the current one, would it be good between iBasso DX50 or ClipZip and modded Fostex T50RP to expand soundstage, instrument separation and bass depth/texture ?


Edited by Lohb - 2/13/14 at 5:54pm
post #83 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyNutz View Post

Generally, if the ZO3 is a step up from the current one, would it be good between iBasso DX50 or ClipZip and modded Fostex T50RP to expand soundstage, instrument separation and bass depth/texture ?
I would wait until it's out rather than try and guess.
post #84 of 579
Sorry to post negatively here but.
I have been using the Zo2.3 with ACS T15's for a couple of months.
As soon as I tried the combo it sounded phenomenal.
I just could not settle with the sound.
In the end I went ahead with a plan I had for a while to buy a pair of Sennheiser HD600's.
Once I had an accurate set up to listen to I realised what was wrong with the portable set up.
It was like listening to a mass market all in one hi fi. Impressive but not truthful.
It proved to me once again that sound processing causes as many problems as it solves.
I thought that Digizoid had proved me wrong but no. Sorry.
Edited by krismusic - 2/20/14 at 3:31am
post #85 of 579

For me it's the opposite, I can't enjoy music without the ZO but I'm using ZO2.1 which have better quality and more forward midrange to my ears, the midrange on ZO2.3 I felt was a bit unexciting, lacking "soul" but with ZO2.1 I get all that. For me it's not possible to listen without the ZO, it even stopped my interest in trying out other amps as I enjoy the colorisation so much that SmartVektor brings that the music sounds "wrong" zo-less for me now. I'd describe it as a more speaker-like, fullbodied, weighty sound, it's not only bass that as is affected but mids & highs sound more "bold" which is exactly what I'm looking for compared to typical unamped headphone experience.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/20/14 at 4:43am
post #86 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

Sorry to post negatively here but.
I have been using the Zo2.3 with ACS T15's for a couple of months.
As soon as I tried the combo it sounded phenomenal.
I just could not settle with the sound.
In the end I went ahead with a plan I had for a while to buy a pair of Sennheiser HD600's.
Once I had an accurate set up to listen to I realised what was wrong with the portable set up.
It was like listening to a mass market all in one hi fi. Impressive but not truthful.
It proved to me once again that sound processing causes as many problems as it solves.
I thought that Digizoid had proved me wrong but no. Sorry.

Signature preference and synergy plays a big role here! IMO
post #87 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


Signature preference and synergy plays a big role here! IMO


Just like with any audio equipment, IMO. The most important factors for whether you will like a product or not.

I won't call ZO amp anywhere close to neutral or accurate but I simply enjoy how it colors the sound, so much I prefer this colored sound over very "hifi"/neutral sound. I've tried other amps but they didn't bring this kind of unique colorisation (which isn't a typical amp's goal either) but I simply enjoy what ZO does to the sound and can't imagine me listening without it.

There are the people who works like, hey this isn't accurate hi-fi sound, it colors the sound blabla, when they "know" it's not accurate they won't like it. Me again works like I listen to music with my senses, if my senses like what I'm hearing, that's all that matters (as that's what brings the satisfaction) and my senses love the way ZO colors the sound.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/20/14 at 5:21am
post #88 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post


Just like with any audio equipment, IMO. The most important factors for whether you will like a product or not.


I won't call ZO amp anywhere close to neutral or accurate but I simply enjoy how it colors the sound, so much I prefer this colored sound over very "hifi"/neutral sound. I've tried other amps but they didn't bring this kind of unique colorisation (which isn't a typical amp's goal either) but I simply enjoy what ZO does to the sound and can't imagine me listening without it.


There are the people who works like, hey this isn't accurate hi-fi sound, it colors the sound blabla, when they "know" it's not accurate they won't like it. Me again works like I listen to music with my senses, if my senses like what I'm hearing, that's all that matters (as that's what brings the satisfaction) and my senses love the way ZO colors the sound.

Applause for you! Love hearing people listen to music to what they like not "objectively"

I personally though, do not like big bass and "bold" highs they give me headache not sure why!
post #89 of 579
Im hoping to get my first taste of the digizoid sound once this comes out, as soon as there are a few reviews.
post #90 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post





There are the people who works like, hey this isn't accurate hi-fi sound, it colors the sound blabla, when they "know" it's not accurate they won't like it. Me again works like I listen to music with my senses, if my senses like what I'm hearing, that's all that matters (as that's what brings the satisfaction) and my senses love the way ZO colors the sound.
I wouldn't want to take a second of your enjoyment from you.
I know that you are a long term user and enjoy the Zo enormously.
I would just balance that a little by saying that I just could not settle and forget the equipment.
It is when that happens that you know that you have found your solution IME.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread