Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Is Schiit Magni (amp) good enough for akg k701 Please HELP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is Schiit Magni (amp) good enough for akg k701 Please HELP - Page 3

post #31 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinstein View Post
 


so what have you decided to buy?

We are on the edge of our seats...

post #32 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc-k View Post
 

We are on the edge of our seats...

:popcorn:

post #33 of 50
Thread Starter 

Nothing yet. It is hard for me because I am noob at this topic. There is a milion models and milion opinions and it is hard to choose, so i will think about it now. Probably fiio or magni but I dont know yet. I was reading that magni is good with k 701, some people says it isnt, some people says that amp under 100 eur will not be good, some says it will be... It is hard to decide. I didnt hear any of them so i have to decide based on the other peoples opinions. The only thing I know is that AKG k701 sounds really bad without amp. haha

post #34 of 50

buy, listen, enjoy, report back

 

but most of all

 

enjoy

post #35 of 50

Fiio E10 is a dac/amp and it is enough to improve the sound quality of K701. Just magni alone will not enhance sound quality of K701. However, good luck to decide.

post #36 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post
 

 

Don't rely on K70x's sensitivity rating. That's true of most AKGs not designed for portability.

 

I haven't tried Magni with K70x, but it looks like it would work. For the cheaper gear, I trust Fiio more.

Then what is it about this can that precludes its portable use? Yes FiiO makes rather good stuff at prices too good to believe. I picked up an E12 for use while riding on a commuter bus and it exceeded all of my expectations The durned thing drives my HD600's rather well. No, I don't take my HD600's on the bus - lol.

I may just get a Magni to see for myself. The specs are fantastic and the description of the design is very pleasing. I have a pair of HE-500's arriving tomorrow, hmmm, I wonder how the Magni would handle them.....Calling all Amazons....Pretty soon I'm gonna need a warehouse for all my audio nick knacks.

post #37 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Then what is it about this can that precludes its portable use?

 

I've noticed that AKGs tend to need more amping than the specs indicate except for those clearly designed for portable use.

 

You can use K70x on the go so long as you have proper amping. I don't know why anyone would because they're open.

post #38 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post
 

 

I've noticed that AKGs tend to need more amping than the specs indicate except for those clearly designed for portable use.

 

You can use K70x on the go so long as you have proper amping. I don't know why anyone would because they're open.

Among the pile of cans I have is a Sennheiser HD558, which is open. The listener's Isolation is what one could expect from an open can, but the leakage is surprisingly low. I can use them at the office and not disturb anyone, My HD600, not so much as they leak like a sieve. For obvious I won't use any open can on a bus, train or plane, I have other solutions for that scenario.

post #39 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Among the pile of cans I have is a Sennheiser HD558, which is open. The listener's Isolation is what one could expect from an open can, but the leakage is surprisingly low. I can use them at the office and not disturb anyone, My HD600, not so much as they leak like a sieve. For obvious I won't use any open can on a bus, train or plane, I have other solutions for that scenario.

 

I like to listen at low volumes, so I use open only at home.

post #40 of 50
Thread Starter 

I will probably buy fiio. Because my sound card sucks. But which fiio is the best for me. I am thinking about fiio e10, but do you think this is the one i should choose. Do you have any other suggestions. Do you think fiio e10 will be good enough.  I need them for music production. I want a headphone that will sound good and translate music to speakers good. 

post #41 of 50

If your original question is still in play, I used the Magni to drive Q701, and it's a fairly nice pairing in my opinion. But I should Imagine you'd want the Vali to pair with K701 to tame its bright highs a bit.

post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlobnijanez View Post

I will probably buy fiio. Because my sound card sucks. But which fiio is the best for me. I am thinking about fiio e10, but do you think this is the one i should choose. Do you have any other suggestions. Do you think fiio e10 will be good enough.  I need them for music production. I want a headphone that will sound good and translate music to speakers good. 

I know a young guy I respect who's happy with E17, and there's a good modder here who uses E12 and likes it. So I'd look into both.
post #43 of 50
Thread Starter 
post #44 of 50
Thread Starter 

I am looking to other people opinions and i am getting impression that fiio e10 will not be enough for them. So before I invest 90 eur I want to be sure that it will sound good. I do not expect perfection, but just cool sound that will not sound so thin , no bass and unbalanced as it sounds now without amp. I have ****ty sound card so it means that magni will not be enough (as people taught me on this forum) so I decided to buy e10 (as rubinstein suggested). So what do you say buy fiio e10 or not?

post #45 of 50
I switched from the Magni to the Vali for Grados, HD800 and the Q701. I still use the Magni for the HD650, HD600 and DT880. A 3 layer Schiit stack with an RCA switch.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Is Schiit Magni (amp) good enough for akg k701 Please HELP