or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Is Schiit Magni (amp) good enough for akg k701 Please HELP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is Schiit Magni (amp) good enough for akg k701 Please HELP - Page 2

post #16 of 50

I find it funny how he claims the magni has a bump in the frequency response, when according to Shiit's website it's incredibly flat:

20Hz-20Khz, -0.1db,

2Hz-200KHz, -3dB

post #17 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken2109 View Post
 

I find it funny how he claims the magni has a bump in the frequency response, when according to Shiit's website it's incredibly flat:

20Hz-20Khz, -0.1db,

2Hz-200KHz, -3dB

Sometimes one hears what they expect to hear. I try my best to avoid the subjective trap. I suspect that the FR is as flat as the specs, no Schiit.

post #18 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken2109 View Post

I find it funny how he claims the magni has a bump in the frequency response, when according to Shiit's website it's incredibly flat:
20Hz-20Khz, -0.1db,
2Hz-200KHz, -3dB

I don't trust their measurements.
post #19 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post


I don't trust their measurements.

And I was thinking of picking one up for Schitt and giggles. :biggrin:

post #20 of 50
Thread Starter 

So what do you recomend? Buy magni or not? Now i have only k701 which sound like ****, i need amp now and do you really think magni is not good combination with k701 or it is.

The ting is that i will not spend more on amp that mahni costs, and i heard it is a good amp for that price. So now tell me. Should I buy it or not?

post #21 of 50

It's a very good amp for the money, by all accounts. I have a couple of Schiit products and they're very good, the company has an excellent reputation and you can add a DAC if you wish later (eg a Schiit Modi).

post #22 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc-k View Post
 

It's a very good amp for the money, by all accounts. I have a couple of Schiit products and they're very good, the company has an excellent reputation and you can add a DAC if you wish later (eg a Schiit Modi).

 

The company has a generally good reputation (especially for the Lyr + Hifiman combination), and its cheaper products have very fair prices for audio.


Edited by Claritas - 12/22/13 at 6:55am
post #23 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlobnijanez View Post
 

So what do you recomend? Buy magni or not? Now i have only k701 which sound like ****, i need amp now and do you really think magni is not good combination with k701 or it is.

The ting is that i will not spend more on amp that mahni costs, and i heard it is a good amp for that price. So now tell me. Should I buy it or not?


Get Fiio E10, you will notice improvement in sound quality. When you have more money, you can go for modi/magni or Audio GD 15.32

post #24 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlobnijanez View Post
 

So what do you recomend? Buy magni or not? Now i have only k701 which sound like ****, i need amp now and do you really think magni is not good combination with k701 or it is.

The ting is that i will not spend more on amp that mahni costs, and i heard it is a good amp for that price. So now tell me. Should I buy it or not?

A Schiit Magni or FiiO E12 is more than enough for your cans. The K701's are pretty sensitive and are easy to drive. You don't have to spend a fortune and either of these will have an excellent frequency response. IMO there are many reasonable priced amps that will do an excellent job for you.

post #25 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

A Schiit Magni or FiiO E12 is more than enough for your cans. The K701's are pretty sensitive and are easy to drive. You don't have to spend a fortune and either of these will have an excellent frequency response. IMO there are many reasonable priced amps that will do an excellent job for you.


OP does not have a DAC. It is better to get dac/amp instead of just an amp.

post #26 of 50
Thread Starter 

Fiio e5 would cost me the same as magni. hehe

It is so expensive here. I found used magni, that is almoast new, for the same price as new e5.

 

tnx for your repys guys. It means me a lot :)

post #27 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

A Schiit Magni or FiiO E12 is more than enough for your cans. The K701's are pretty sensitive and are easy to drive. You don't have to spend a fortune and either of these will have an excellent frequency response. IMO there are many reasonable priced amps that will do an excellent job for you.

 

Don't rely on K70x's sensitivity rating. That's true of most AKGs not designed for portability.

 

I haven't tried Magni with K70x, but it looks like it would work. For the cheaper gear, I trust Fiio more.

post #28 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinstein View Post
 


OP does not have a DAC. It is better to get dac/amp instead of just an amp.

Quite possibly so, That would depend on what he's got in his PC. I find that most basic sound cards or stuff embedded on a motherboard have amps that are far worse than their DACs. A FiiO E18 DAC/Amp will work with PCs as well as many recent Android phones. I picked one up recently and it works with my PC as well as my Galaxy S3 and can even drive my HD600's.

post #29 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlobnijanez View Post
 

Fiio e5 would cost me the same as magni. hehe

It is so expensive here. I found used magni, that is almoast new, for the same price as new e5.

 

tnx for your repys guys. It means me a lot :)

sorry I mean fiio e 10

post #30 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlobnijanez View Post
 

sorry I mean fiio e 10


so what have you decided to buy?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Is Schiit Magni (amp) good enough for akg k701 Please HELP