or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 - Page 8  

post #106 of 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

It's a maybe for me. I'd certainly like to be there. I've sold most of my gear to buy the new hifiman due out in March. Hopefully I'll be able to show up with one.

 

Current gear is:

 

hd650

md 3.2

Vali 

uberfrost

 

I could bring my restored vintage Pioneer sx1280 for those who'd like to really experience how good these old receivers pair with planar hp's.

Yes! If you are willing to do the heavy lifting, please bring your big Pioneer! Who did your restoration, if I may ask? I need work on my Marantz 2275.

post #107 of 530

Terry Dewick out of Knoxville TN. While he is very good, I'll warn you that his repair time runs about 60 days. If you want more details just pm me. 

 

It's been a while since I was at the Atlanta meet. I hope that I'm able to make this one. And yes, I'll do the heavy lifting for the Pioneer so that others can hear the wonderful "old steel." There was a member, Moodyrn, who brought a restored Sansui 9090 to the Atlanta and that's where I first got my interest. Anyway, I'm powerfully muscled and athletic so that 70 pound receiver is nothing for me. :p 


Edited by MattTCG - 1/25/14 at 6:36am
post #108 of 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

It's a maybe for me. I'd certainly like to be there. I've sold most of my gear to buy the new hifiman due out in March. Hopefully I'll be able to show up with one.

 

Current gear is:

 

hd650

md 3.2

Vali 

uberfrost

 

I could bring my restored vintage Pioneer sx1280 for those who'd like to really experience how good these old receivers pair with planar hp's.

I'd love to get a chance to meet you in person! 

 

And I'm looking forward to hearing the HD 650, as well as the MD 3.2 again 

post #109 of 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

Terry Dewick out of Knoxville TN. While he is very good, I'll warn you that his repair time runs about 60 days. If you want more details just pm me. 

 

It's been a while since I was at the Atlanta meet. I hope that I'm able to make this one. And yes, I'll do the heavy lifting for the Pioneer so that others can hear the wonderful "old steel." There was a member, Moodyrn, who brought a restored Sansui 9090 to the Atlanta and that's where I first got my interest. Anyway, I'm powerfully muscled and athletic so that 70 pound receiver is nothing for me. :p 

Thanks MattTCG! Are you in Augusta or Atlanta area? I'm in Greenville, SC.

 

Terry is who I was planning on. I haven't used him before but it's close enough I can drive up and drop it off. 

 

I had a 9090db at one point but didn't think I could justify it just for headphones (wish I had it back, of course). It was so heavy it was dangerous.  To me it has a warm, dark sound like Marantz. The only vintage Pioneer I've heard with headphones was one of the lower-end models, so I'd love to hear your monster if you are up for bringing it.

post #110 of 530

No problem. If I can make the meet, I'll have the Pioneer in tow. 

post #111 of 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

No problem. If I can make the meet, I'll have the Pioneer in tow. 

ooh :D I'm excited to hear your MD combo! 

post #112 of 530
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

It's a maybe for me. I'd certainly like to be there. I've sold most of my gear to buy the new hifiman due out in March. Hopefully I'll be able to show up with one.

 

Current gear is:

 

hd650

md 3.2

Vali 

uberfrost

 

I could bring my restored vintage Pioneer sx1280 for those who'd like to really experience how good these old receivers pair with planar hp's.


We'd love to have you.  Also I'm planning on snatching up the HE-560 myself as well.  Hoping they're released in time for the meet.

post #113 of 530
Thread Starter 

Also, is anyone else interested in trying out this little gadget?

 

Reveel headphone amp to recreate the authentic live sound
started on 11/10/13 last post 04/06/14 at 3:22pm 24 replies 4342 views

 

I might pick one up before the meet.  For $119 it has me curious.

post #114 of 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWahl View Post

Also, is anyone else interested in trying out this little gadget?

Looks pretty interesting from the preview that InnerFidelity posted a week or so ago. Especially since the technology is apparently inherited from a multi-thousand dollar piece of equip. Color me intrigued.
post #115 of 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWahl View Post
 

Also, is anyone else interested in trying out this little gadget?

 

Reveel headphone amp to recreate the authentic live sound
started on 11/10/13 last post 04/06/14 at 3:22pm 24 replies 4342 views

 

I might pick one up before the meet.  For $119 it has me curious.

Please do! I am curious to hear it.

 

This is gonna be a great meet!

post #116 of 530
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerwino View Post
 

Please do! I am curious to hear it.

 

This is gonna be a great meet!

Sounds good.  I thought about it since 2 of the people coming posted in that thread also and it caught my curiosity after reading Tyll's comments.  And if it doesn't blow my mind I figure it could still make a nice little compact portable amp.

post #117 of 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWahl View Post
 

Sounds good.  I thought about it since 2 of the people coming posted in that thread also and it caught my curiosity after reading Tyll's comments.  And if it doesn't blow my mind I figure it could still make a nice little compact portable amp.

I'd like to hear it as well thank you :D 

post #118 of 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydoseofdaly View Post

Dave are you running your 800's balanced to the wa22?

I'm using the balanced inputs. You only get half power if you don't. However, I use the stock cable on my HD800's which means I'm using the single ended outputs.
post #119 of 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverich4 View Post


I'm using the balanced inputs. You only get half power if you don't. However, I use the stock cable on my HD800's which means I'm using the single ended outputs.

Balanced into the amp, and then are u using the SE output on the headphone, or are you using the Balanced out. Or do you have the stock HD800 cable reterminated to Xlr's plugged into the balanced out 

post #120 of 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Balanced into the amp, and then are u using the SE output on the headphone, or are you using the Balanced out. Or do you have the stock HD800 cable reterminated to Xlr's plugged into the balanced out 


Stock cable, SE out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked