Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and I thank you for existing!
I've just finished hours of research, going from clueless to semi-clueful. After reading through countless forums, threads, websites/blogs, and Amazon product pages, I've become tired, headached, burnt out, and in need of your help.
I've narrowed my list down to several pairs of headphones.
Being a bedroom/studio apartment electronic music producer (mainly Drum & Bass) on a budget means I'm looking at fairly specific specs...
- Price = Around $150 or less, no more
- Comfort = I'll need to wear this for hours at a time
- Durability = I'd like to avoid the headaches of faulty/flimsy electronics
- Audio = Flatness/lack of coloring/quality
- Interface = They'll need to plug into a desktop PC/headphone jack without necessitating an amp; this means less than 100 OHMs, probably around 32 OHMs, right...?
- Type = Open-back cans are preferred for production in quiet settings, but closed-back are still in consideration
If you have any suggestions/experience/preferences among the listed headphones, it'd help me greatly. I'd prefer if more headphones weren't added to this list, however, if you highly suggest different pair, toss it in.
Any and all help is much appreciated! Thank you!
EDIT: I've revised the list and narrowed it down further. All producers/engineers please help me decide!
Edited by Neurofunky - 12/22/13 at 1:52pm