or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123 - Page 63

post #931 of 1895

James and Joe

I for one appreciate the willingness of FiiO to send their product out to consumers pre release and to listen to their concerns and to try to fix them. I think that your approach is rare, most manufactures do not take the time to listen to their customers.

Thanks for having prompt responses and offering the tour to let users try your products and comment on them and offer opinions on how they can be improved

post #932 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by henwell View Post

James and Joe
I for one appreciate the willingness of FiiO to send their product out to consumers pre release and to listen to their concerns and to try to fix them. I think that your approach is rare, most manufactures do not take the time to listen to their customers.
Thanks for having prompt responses and offering the tour to let users try your products and comment on them and offer opinions on how they can be improved

+1 it's truly rare even Microsoft and Apple never done it.
post #933 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


+1 it's truly rare even Microsoft and Apple never done it.

 

Actually not completely true, Microsoft for one uses quite a few beta testers. Basically that is what we are for these companies, not that there is anything wrong with that.

post #934 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

The Sansa Fuze had folder view to my knowledge. I used that or playlist to listen to all my music.


 Perhaps you are referring to the Sansa Fuze, the original version which has come out as the Fuze+. Are you familiar with that version? After reading that you used folder mode in the Fuze, I looked very carefully and found that in the Fuze+ version, that option is totally absent.

Btw, I tried to get the original Fuze, which I liked, but the prices (on Amazon) were ridiculously high for some reason, so I opted out for the Fuze+, even though I had read from reviews that it was a step down from the original.

However, I recently replaced the cables I had lost for my UM-modified TF10s. I had gone without for a year but now have the Silvers from UM. The sound quality I am able to get from this setup really surprises me. The highs and loud tuttis no longer break up or sound staticky like before, each instrument has its own character, is no longer thin-sounding and the overall experience for me is musically satisfying and makes me sit up and listen.

Before that, I was using a $40 Sony headphone with disappointing results.

However, I still am suffering somewhat from Upgrade-atitus, no doubt exacerbated by all the great reviews (including yours, Lee) of the X5. Be assured I will be obtaining the dap, as soon as it becomes available to me, Hopefully March or April, and look forward to fully making use of folder view which is all I give a damn about, really!

post #935 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post
 

 

Actually not completely true, Microsoft for one uses quite a few beta testers. Basically that is what we are for these companies, not that there is anything wrong with that.

This is true but they still managed to send out a bad product Dare I say Vista, charged their usual high price and did not seem to care all that much about what the customer thought; again I think it is rare to get the responsiveness and prompt replies from Joe and James 


Edited by henwell - 2/9/14 at 1:13pm
post #936 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

Actually not completely true, Microsoft for one uses quite a few beta testers. Basically that is what we are for these companies, not that there is anything wrong with that.

I have been on Microsoft beta testing roaster before and I would not call it a walk in the park, the size of beta testing makes it feel like pre-release version and with them, you always wait for sp1 to be released before you'll even attempt to install the released software. Their hardware consumers division is very different and they don't release their devices until it's gold ready.
post #937 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikroski View Post
 

Does any reviewer try X5 with LCD-2, T1, HE-500 directly?

I plan to and will let you know once I get my review sample. That is with the HE-500

post #938 of 1895

Just received the X5 10 minutes ago!!

post #939 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by henwell View Post
 

I plan to and will let you know once I get my review sample. That is with the HE-500


Thanks :popcorn:

post #940 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkalia View Post

 

Hi James -

 

As I said in my earlier post, I am planning to buy an X5 if it meets my needs.    I already own an X3 and an E12, btw.

 

I realize there are going to be bugs.   I am not saying the X5 needs to be completely bug-free.   However, being able to reliably read the files in a SD card and build a library based on ID3 tags - one that goes to 2 levels at the very least ( Artist -> Album) is a very, very basic function.   One of the most essential aspects of a portable player - especially one which is being sold with such a large capacity as yours.

 

My old Creative Zen, the Sansa Clip or any basic Android or W8 phone has no problems recognizing and properly identifying my music when i stick a card in there.   With the X3, i spent 2 months in email exchanges with your staff to no luck - and only after reading here on Head-fi did i then sit down and manually go through each and every album to delete the extra ID3 tags and cleaned up the song titles before the player started to work.   To me, that is a workaround, not a solution.    

 

I was very excited about the sound quality and specs of the X5 - but very disappointed to learn that the same tagging issues still exist.    Given this history, I am a little more skeptical that all this is "easy to fix" in a future firmware upgrade - I am only going to accept it is fixed once i see it.    And I hope you ARE able to fix it soon, b/c the specs on the product sound really good. 

 



thank you very much for your support. I think it will be better to make it clear in here.

1, We are not try to deny that there are a lots of bugs in X3 and X5 and we should add a lots of feature in X3 and X5, in fact, we are working in the EQ for X3 and DSD support for X3 and X5.

2, the most important thing is that we can't accept that we have a bad attitude to what people complain about. for example, the artist-album issues in long time ago. so

a, did we know what people really need ? yes,

b, did we take it serious ? seems not cause X3 and X5 both can't not support, but does it mean we are lazy or unwilling not to do.

of course it is not what you think, cause we are very happy to add anything that can help our customer and help us win in the market.

but remember one thing, none is God and can do anything they can do. so sometime it is about ability but not willing or attitude . so all we can do is let people made the decision and we provide detail information as we can ( you will find that we provide all the detail specification in our website than all our competitor ).

and btw, I got lung CA and Surgery in two month ago. but I still love to stay here listening to what our customer complain about , that is what the spirit of FiiO, listening to customer and try the best to make them happy.
post #941 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
 

 

Hi James -

 

As I said in my earlier post, I am planning to buy an X5 if it meets my needs.    I already own an X3 and an E12, btw.

 

I realize there are going to be bugs.   I am not saying the X5 needs to be completely bug-free.   However, being able to reliably read the files in a SD card and build a library based on ID3 tags - one that goes to 2 levels at the very least ( Artist -> Album) is a very, very basic function.   One of the most essential aspects of a portable player - especially one which is being sold with such a large capacity as yours.

 

My old Creative Zen, the Sansa Clip or any basic Android or W8 phone has no problems recognizing and properly identifying my music when i stick a card in there.   With the X3, i spent 2 months in email exchanges with your staff to no luck - and only after reading here on Head-fi did i then sit down and manually go through each and every album to delete the extra ID3 tags and cleaned up the song titles before the player started to work.   To me, that is a workaround, not a solution.    

 

I was very excited about the sound quality and specs of the X5 - but very disappointed to learn that the same tagging issues still exist.    Given this history, I am a little more skeptical that all this is "easy to fix" in a future firmware upgrade - I am only going to accept it is fixed once i see it.    And I hope you ARE able to fix it soon, b/c the specs on the product sound really good. 

 



thank you very much for your support. I think it will be better to make it clear in here.

and btw, I got lung CA and Surgery in two month ago. but I still love to stay here listening to what our customer complain about , that is what the spirit of FiiO, listening to customer and try the best to make them happy.

I wish you the best of luck James. I heard you underwent surgery and hospitalization but I never though it was that bad.

 

I wish you great health, longevity, and success James

post #942 of 1895

SE Asia tour is at a standstill. I've PM'd on this already, but I have to say that I'm getting worried about the unit sent to me from Hong Kong. It still isn't here despite leaving HK on January 27th. A delay for the lunar new year was expected, but this is now cause for concern imo.

post #943 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

You guys are doing a great job James! I honestly love my X3 and thank Fiio for bringing it to market. It was just a dream for me two years ago, to have something that sounds better than my E17 but is a fully portable DAP. With the coming of the X5, I feel like it's a huge bonus beyond what I was asking for. Do not be discouraged by the naysayers. I'm proud to own Fiio and I'm proud of you guys for all your hard work. There will always be complainers, hell people complain about Apple all the time and they have thousands of engineers with billions $$$ in resources. I'll be ordering the X5 on the day of release along with thousands of other excited Head-Fiers. :atsmile:

post #944 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post
 

SE Asia tour is at a standstill. I've PM'd on this already, but I have to say that I'm getting worried about the unit sent to me from Hong Kong. It still isn't here despite leaving HK on January 27th. A delay for the lunar new year was expected, but this is now cause for concern imo.

What does your tracking number say? I had a shipment that was held up for 2 days during the holiday but it still shipped out of China during the holiday. 

post #945 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

What does your tracking number say? I had a shipment that was held up for 2 days during the holiday but it still shipped out of China during the holiday. 


All it says is that it left HK on the 27th. It was sent via Hong Kong Post (government service, I believe) as a registered parcel, so there is basically no tracking beyond HK (at least for Vietnam). Edit: tracking is available beyond HK for certain countries, but Vietnam is not one of them according to the website: http://app3.hongkongpost.hk/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp

 

This does not bode well imo. I hope I'm wrong (I often am).


Edited by doublea71 - 2/9/14 at 8:14pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123