or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123 - Page 39

post #571 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


I had no problems connecting the X5 to my Mac. I used their cable and did not try my other spare ones. I'll try my other cables later to see if it makes any difference and will report. I am very curious to hear what you think compared to the different sources you have. Have you checked to see if your card with at least one song worked? I had formatting issues when I used my cards with music on it already, I had to reformat it. When I used their internal format function, it always worked. Anyhow have fun!

By the way version 1.00 is the latest so no new firmware available yet. smily_headphones1.gif

 

The latest FW is 1.10, FIIO released yesterday.

http://www.fiio.com.cn/cn/news/index.aspx?ID=100000147083222

post #572 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

 

It isn't meant to recognise exFAT but it does support both FAT32 and NTFS. I formatted both of my cards to NTFS.

 

Apparently for firmware updates, we will have to use a FAT32 card.

 

Nah, it's my bad I'm aware of the production X5 accepting only FAT32 & NTFS but when I tested the following X5 prototype, I could have sworn it accepted exFAT but it looks like I was wrong with the prototype X5 too :-

 

About firmware updates via FAT32, I'm kinda used to that 'cos that was the same with the HM-901.

post #573 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonG View Post

The latest FW is 1.10, FIIO released yesterday.
http://www.fiio.com.cn/cn/news/index.aspx?ID=100000147083222

Well it'll show me not to watch the site every hour lmao wink.gif
post #574 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Nah, it's my bad I'm aware of the production X5 accepting only FAT32 & NTFS but when I tested the following X5 prototype, I could have sworn it accepted exFAT but it looks like I was wrong with the prototype X5 too :-



About firmware updates via FAT32, I'm kinda used to that 'cos that was the same with the HM-901.

It kind a looks like a rake, are you sure you won't scrape your fingers spinning the wheel? biggrin.gif

I better get back and load the latest off the hot press firmware. wink.gif
post #575 of 1895

I just updated. So far so good.

post #576 of 1895
Quote:
 

 

 

 

sorry, you got the engineer sample ? the wheel must be rubber cover 

post #577 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


It kind a looks like a rake, are you sure you won't scrape your fingers spinning the wheel? biggrin.gif

I better get back and load the latest off the hot press firmware. wink.gif

 

You should see how smooth my thumbs are after all the dead skin's been scrubbed off :D.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

I just updated. So far so good.

 

May I please ask :-
 

1) What does the Changelog?
2) Could someone please be a kind soul to put that firmware up somewhere? Still no connection to any Fiio sites (may it be fiio.net nor fiio.com.cn)

post #578 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

sorry, you got the engineer sample ? the wheel must be rubber cover 

No that was his prior trial I believe. What is the phone number of the engineer? biggrin.gif

Thanks James for the trial version, you rock!

By the way aren't you on holidays? wink.gif
post #579 of 1895

http://www.filedropper.com/firmware11ofx5_1  , the 1.1 firmware for X5.

 

sorry, X5 has not launch outside China so we have not put the firmware in our English website.  

post #580 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


No that was his prior trial I believe. What is the phone number of the engineer? biggrin.gif

Thanks James for the trial version, you rock!

By the way aren't you on holidays? wink.gif

 

to me, there are not difference between holidays and working days. anyway, I am almost recover from the surgery :L3000:

post #581 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

sorry, you got the engineer sample ? the wheel must be rubber cover 

 

No I got the right version rubber version. That (month old) photo was of the prototype that was sent to your distributor in Japan, Oyaide. It was exhibited in the e-earphone show back in Dec.

post #582 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

to me, there are not difference between holidays and working days. anyway, I am almost recover from the surgery L3000.gif

Yeah I know, people in the electronics, software and hardware fields don't have any holidays.

I am very glad you are recovering but please try to take it easy and gain some strength we need you for further work, the X7 for example wink.gif
post #583 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

to me, there are not difference between holidays and working days. anyway, I am almost recover from the surgery :L3000:

James, will the X5 be supporting DSD over PCM when used as a USB DAC?

post #584 of 1895

The obvious change is the Now Playing screen. The upper 3/4 is no longer muted so the album art is very bright. The file and bit rate now just display for a few seconds.

 

This change is not necessarily an improvement. It was more subtle before. The no art playing screen is too bright.

 

Actually it has a really stupid new feature. Now when the screen is locked and buttons are pushed, the screen lights up to warn me to unlock the screen. That's not only really annoying, it could be disaster in a pocket. Big Brother wants to burn out my battery.

 

Switching back to 1.0.

post #585 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

The obvious change is the Now Playing screen. The upper 3/4 is no longer muted so the album art is very bright. The file and bit rate now just display for a few seconds.

 

This change is not necessarily an improvement. It was more subtle before. The no art playing screen is too bright.

 

Actually it has a really stupid new feature. Now when the screen is locked and buttons are pushed, the screen lights up to warn me to unlock the screen. That's not only really annoying, it could be disaster in a pocket. Big Brother wants to burn out my battery.

 

Switching back to 1.0.

 

yes, I agree your opinion about the new feature .  our engineers should be collect more feedback and them make the right decision .

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123