Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123 - Page 24

post #346 of 1895

Lee, how does the X5 compare to your iphone 4? I loved the sound of the iphone 4, very linear and clean output.

post #347 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannLiebert View Post
 

Lee, how does the X5 compare to your iphone 4? I loved the sound of the iphone 4, very linear and clean output.

 

The X5 is on a totally different level over the iphone4. More refined sound. More power, note weight/authority. Definitely better sound staging. A clearer view into the music. Better distinction between the notes. I stopped using my iphone4 for music along time ago. I mainly use it for apps and some videos. The X5 is a very musical player. The only place the iphone4 is still king is in its UI and even that isn't enough to get me to want to use it for music. The X5 has a very good UI itself and on release it is quite the contrary to what we are use to from audiophile DAPs released in general... I hope that trend continues.


Edited by lee730 - 1/18/14 at 1:38pm
post #348 of 1895
I find the iPhone 4S to be lacking in details, soundstage depth and width, and has a rough-sounding treble. It is warm-sounding though, so that's probably the only similarity with the X5.
post #349 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

@ amber I think the SE5 sounds quite good on X5. I'm not sure if I'd still give the Rocoo BA the nod still in terms of synergy though. I'll have to compare both and I'll let you know which I prefer in terms of pairing.

It would be perfect mate, thanks a lot really. Waiting for your impressions, either PM me or write here, I am trying to check the thread every now and then.

post #350 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

It would be perfect mate, thanks a lot really. Waiting for your impressions, either PM me or write here, I am trying to check the thread every now and then.

 

I'll try compare them now. Honestly though I like how both pair on the SE5. I'll try to give some comparisons once I listen to the Rocoo for a bit.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I find the iPhone 4S to be lacking in details, soundstage depth and width, and has a rough-sounding treble. It is warm-sounding though, so that's probably the only similarity with the X5.

 

I tend to find Cirrus logic DACs to sound harsh in the treble region and they generally lack in sound staging. They both do have some warmth to them. I think the X5 is less warm and more towards the neutral side than the iphone4. Definitely more control in the bass and better quality bass.


Edited by lee730 - 1/18/14 at 1:46pm
post #351 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

I'll try compare them now. Honestly though I like how both pair on the SE5. I'll try to give some comparisons one I listen to the Rocoo for a bit.

No need to rush things, take your time, I know you are one of the first reviewers, so there will be a lot pressure on you, everyone will be asking things and all :happy_face1:

 

How does repeat works? When I turn it on, it will repeat the whole folder (an album let's say) right? Is there a possibility to choose repeat one song only? It is very important to me, sometimes I get into a song and listen to it days and days without even thinking about trying something else. I hope they added 2 different repeat functions.

post #352 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

No need to rush things, take your time, I know you are one of the first reviewers, so there will be a lot pressure on you, everyone will be asking things and all :happy_face1:

 

How does repeat works? When I turn it on, it will repeat the whole folder (an album let's say) right? Is there a possibility to choose repeat one song only? It is very important to me, sometimes I get into a song and listen to it days and days without even thinking about trying something else. I hope they added 2 different repeat functions.

 

No worries I'm pretty good at doing quick comparisons. I'd have to say the Rocoo BA on this pairing makes the SE5 more neutral sounding and with how it portrays the sound staging it is more out of head and in front of you which for me is more accurate (simulates a true stereo setup from the front and being out of head). With the X5 it has a heavier sound overall and not as neutral sounding. Tupac also really enjoys the pairing and stated he would most likely not be able to differentiate the DX100 and Rocoo BA pairing on his SE5 as they sound so similar. 

 

The SE5 and the X5 both have some warmth as is and personally I think the Rocoo BA is the better pairing overall. But I still like how the X5 pairs even on the SE5. The staging on the X5 with the SE5 is closer (more intimate) and not so much out of head. So far the Sui pairing is a winner for me on the X5. Haven't tried the 1Plus2 yet though...

 

There is a repeat 1 and repeat all. I think repeat all will repeat all the songs in the folder you are playing or if you are playing all songs then all songs of course.


Edited by lee730 - 1/18/14 at 1:58pm
post #353 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

No worries I'm pretty good at doing quick comparisons. I'd have to say the Rocoo BA on this pairing makes the SE5 more neutral sounding and with how it portrays the sound staging it is more out of head and in front of you which for me is more accurate (simulates a true stereo setup from the front and being out of head). With the X5 it has a heavier sound overall and not as neutral sounding. Tupac also really enjoys the pairing and stated he would not be able to differentiate the DX100 and Rocoo BA pairing on his SE5 as they sound so similar on the pairing. 

 

The SE5 and the X5 both have some warmth as is and personally I think the Rocoo BA is the better pairing overall. But I still like how the X5 pairs even on the SE5. The staging on the X5 with the SE5 is closer (more intimate) and not so much out of head. So far the Sui pairing is a winner for me on the X5. Haven't tried the 1Plus2 yet though...

 

There is a repeat 1 and repeat all. I think repeat all will repeat all the songs in the folder  you are playing or if you are playing all songs then all songs of course.


Ok mate, thank you very much. I think I will settle on X5 ;)

post #354 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Ok mate, thank you very much. I think I will settle on X5 ;)

 

You can't go wrong with either. :).

post #355 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

No worries I'm pretty good at doing quick comparisons. I'd have to say the Rocoo BA on this pairing makes the SE5 more neutral sounding and with how it portrays the sound staging it is more out of head and in front of you which for me is more accurate (simulates a true stereo setup from the front and being out of head). With the X5 it has a heavier sound overall and not as neutral sounding. Tupac also really enjoys the pairing and stated he would most likely not be able to differentiate the DX100 and Rocoo BA pairing on his SE5 as they sound so similar. 

 

The SE5 and the X5 both have some warmth as is and personally I think the Rocoo BA is the better pairing overall. But I still like how the X5 pairs even on the SE5. The staging on the X5 with the SE5 is closer (more intimate) and not so much out of head. So far the Sui pairing is a winner for me on the X5. Haven't tried the 1Plus2 yet though...

 

There is a repeat 1 and repeat all. I think repeat all will repeat all the songs in the folder you are playing or if you are playing all songs then all songs of course.

 

 

I briefly owned a Rocoo BA and DX100 simultaneously, and I, too, remember being surprised at how similar the Rocco BA sounded to the DX100, although I clearly remember that the DX100 had noticeably more authority. Not a night-and-day difference, but definitely significant. I can't remember if that was at the same time I had my SE-5s, but it definitely was at the time I had Miracles.

 

I'm curious that you find the Rocoo BA to have better presentation depth (with the SE-5) than the X5. I'll be very interested to hear any comparisons, when time allows, with a CIEM of lower impedance.

post #356 of 1895

There's no ifs about that. The Rocoo BA has a more expansive sound on this pairing and is more airy sounding.  The thing about the SE5 is it has a reasonably thick sound as is and adding more to it isn't always a plus in that regards. Just comes down to synergy and preference. The X5 on this pairing doesn't have as much depth to the sound. It is more intimate and thicker. The BA with its lighter sound brings balance to the SE5s thicker note weight and it is more dynamic sounding. The SE5 does lack in the dynamic department compared to say the Flat 4 Sui and 1Plus2. There is simply more contrast due to the dynamics improving.

 

On the Sui on the other hand the X5 pairing is sublime. Very 3d, smooth and detailed. They just go hand in hand in terms of synergy. The contrast between the notes is superb. That sold me on the X5 already :).


Edited by lee730 - 1/18/14 at 2:29pm
post #357 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

@lee, how does it sound compared to the Ibasso DX50?

I should be able to answer that when I get the X5 (I'm on the list after Lee).  I have the DX50 and am getting the music all prepped for comparison.

 

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends

post #358 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post
 

I should be able to answer that when I get the X5 (I'm on the list after Lee).  I have the DX50 and am getting the music all prepped for comparison.

 

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends

 

I foresee a lot of DX50s on the for sale forum soon... :evil: 

post #359 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

I foresee a lot of DX50s on the for sale forum soon... :evil: 

X3s as well I suppose... :p

post #360 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

X3s as well I suppose... :p

 

Don't forget AK100s.... :p

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123