Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123 - Page 17

post #241 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

I told some groups that the X5s should be shipped out yesterday or the day before... They are putting the finishing touches on a new firmware revision that they want to put in the tour X5s before the start of the tour. So the shipping date remains "within this week" as in the thread title.

Oooo. That hurts. I didn't know the tour was gonna start so soon.

post #242 of 1895

Sounds good thanks for the update

post #243 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Oooo. That hurts. I didn't know the tour was gonna start so soon.

yeaper... thankfully I've got a month or two to get ready for the Tour my self! 

post #244 of 1895

i dont think there is anyone in my country that applied, unless fiio contacted headfonias mike

post #245 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

I told some groups that the X5s should be shipped out yesterday or the day before... They are putting the finishing touches on a new firmware revision that they want to put in the tour X5s before the start of the tour. So the shipping date remains "within this week" as in the thread title.

 


Great! Thanks Joe!

Cheers!
-HK sends
post #246 of 1895

Looking forward to the start of this!

 

I have already set up 3 different levels (or price points) or iem's and headphones to 

 

include in my review...

post #247 of 1895
Thread Starter 
Sorry for the delay guys, the preview X5s have been shipped out yesterday. I should receive detailed shipping information to forward to you guys any time now.

Notes on the preview units:
1. USB OTG storage function is yet to be implemented;
2. The preview X5s have a current draw while idle is 9mA while those that have gone on sale have a current draw of 4mA (translation: battery life will be better with retail units)
3. The volume keys on the preview X5s are a bit stiff; retail units will have a smoother action.
4. You may forward any problems you encounter while previewing the X5s to support@fiio.net (or pm me, of course smily_headphones1.gif )
post #248 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

Sorry for the delay guys, the preview X5s have been shipped out yesterday. I should receive detailed shipping information to forward to you guys any time now.

Notes on the preview units:
1. USB OTG storage function is yet to be implemented;
2. The preview X5s have a current draw while idle is 9mA while those that have gone on sale have a current draw of 4mA (translation: battery life will be better with retail units)
3. The volume keys on the preview X5s are a bit stiff; retail units will have a smoother action.
4. You may forward any problems you encounter while previewing the X5s to support@fiio.net (or pm me, of course smily_headphones1.gif )

 

 

Brilliant, can't wait

 

Thanks!

post #249 of 1895

Thanks for the heads-up Joe.  Looking forward to seeing it in person.

post #250 of 1895
Thread Starter 
The pdf of the X5 quick start guide (a hard copy of which is included in the tour package--try not to lose it redface.gif )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yt0cjq3dptq14mj/X5%20Quick%20start%20guide.pdf

I'm translating a full manual of the X5... it's a work in progress redface.gif
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cek9xf0wk2osky7/X5%20full%20user%20manual.DOC
post #251 of 1895

Hey Joe,

 

Thanks for the Quick Start and User Manual to which you directed us above.  Easy to read and understand !

 

May I very respectfully suggest you have an english edit of the final proof of both documents undertaken by a native english speaker (US, UK, Aus or NZ).  I have been a user of a number of products over the years emanating from manufacturers in China. Some products suffer from manuals that appear (have been described by others) to be written in "Chinglish".  (Not a critiscsm that could be directed at your drafts !!) 

 

Anyway, if you would like any help with this I am happy to provide some assistance.  I have in the past edited a number of technical papers and proofs for manuals covering communications equipment (mostly satellite gear).

 

Regards

 

Rob

post #252 of 1895
Thanks Joe, this tour will be great!
post #253 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
 

Hey Joe,

 

Thanks for the Quick Start and User Manual to which you directed us above.  Easy to read and understand !

 

May I very respectfully suggest you have an english edit of the final proof of both documents undertaken by a native english speaker (US, UK, Aus or NZ).  I have been a user of a number of products over the years emanating from manufacturers in China. Some products suffer from manuals that appear (have been described by others) to be written in "Chinglish".  (Not a critiscsm that could be directed at your drafts !!) 

 

Anyway, if you would like any help with this I am happy to provide some assistance.  I have in the past edited a number of technical papers and proofs for manuals covering communications equipment (mostly satellite gear).

 

Regards

 

Rob

 

Don't worry man, Joe is a native English speaker; that's why Fiio hired him in the first place :D

post #254 of 1895

Are all the sound impressions and reviews going here or will a new thread be started ?

post #255 of 1895

this is the first time we arrange such world tour, so please support us and Joe. and make it has a very successful result . 

 

and Joe working very hard to try to help you guys but it is not good to me, :mad: cause we have lots of work to do to support Joe and all the members included. 

 

Good job , Joe

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123