or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123 - Page 16

post #226 of 1895
Joe,

This dicussion brings up a good question, will the X5 demos keep the same firmware for the whole tour or will updates be posted? I myself would rather updates not be posted (unless there is a catastophic bug or fatal issue) since that would keep our listening experience on the same playing field.

Cheers!
-HK sends
post #227 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 


But why do you take them out of the players?!?! You are not supposed to lose them that easy! LOL!

 

I've been using the AK100 MK2 for a week+ now and I actually like it a lot. I'm not a huge fan of touchscreens but this one works Ok. Still prefer buttons though so can't wait for the X5. Finally finished converting my CDs to FLAC as well! Just need to fill out my SD cards w00t! Oh, and my X3 recognized (finally) one complete SD card and created the library so I definitely think that there's an "undisclosed" number of files permitted in the library or per SD card (my old card had like 12,000 files, this one with FLAC has way less than that...)

 

Joe, will you include the number of files permitted by the firmware to properly create the database library in your final documentation?

Cowon does this with their players as far as I remember (need to find the documentation for my C2).

 

Also, was price ever discussed/finalized for the X5?

 

 

Thanks.

ehh... I only had 32GB SD Cards and my cards where organized by Genre, I'd swap in my Various EDM cards then swap back to my Everything BUT EDM card... some how they'd get lost <.< 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post

Joe,

This dicussion brings up a good question, will the X5 demos keep the same firmware for the whole tour or will updates be posted? I myself would rather updates not be posted (unless there is a catastophic bug or fatal issue) since that would keep our listening experience on the same playing field.

Cheers!
-HK sends

Good point 

post #228 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

ehh... I only had 32GB SD Cards and my cards where organized by Genre, I'd swap in my Various EDM cards then swap back to my Everything BUT EDM card... some how they'd get lost <.<

 

Got it.

I have never used multiple SD cards up till now with the AK (and I guess with the X5 once I receive it).

post #229 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Lol ok thank you, and it is PRINCE good sir, and starve for a week! Non Sense... I shall feast off the little plasticy bits of my X5 UNIT! I SHALL LIVE NO MATTER WHAT... I may even eat the SD card once I am DONE with it 

 

Or maybe INSERT IT up my... ok I'm going to stop now ;3

 

But hey man, new Cyerbnetic implants... you never know where they might go! Alchol seems more effective when taken in the lower regions maybe data is too lol

 

any how, 

No, I know what I said:)

 

Yes, you should stop it. That is inappropriate and unrelated to this thread. Take that over to the NSFW threads. ;)

post #230 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

No, I know what I said:)

Yes, you should stop it. That is inappropriate and unrelated to this thread. Take that over to the NSFW threads. wink.gif
I don't think those exist. If they did in any real capacity, panda would be all over that already.
post #231 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


I don't think those exist. If they did in any real capacity, panda would be all over that already.

 

 

Aww, I know...But one can always imagine what it would be like over there. :normal_smile :

post #232 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Aww, I know...But one can always imagine what it would be like over there. normal_smile%20.gif
Imagine? I don't know, I don't think I have to do much imagining considering I'm in one smily_headphones1.gif
post #233 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Imagine? I don't know, I don't think I have to do much imagining considering I'm in one smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif
post #234 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


Imagine? I don't know, I don't think I have to do much imagining considering I'm in one smily_headphones1.gif

 

Give us the link please :wink_face:

post #235 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post
 

 

Give us the link please :wink_face:

:deadhorse:

It's not hard to find :D

post #236 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

:deadhorse:

It's not hard to find :D

Got the title? :D

post #237 of 1895
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post

Joe,

This dicussion brings up a good question, will the X5 demos keep the same firmware for the whole tour or will updates be posted? I myself would rather updates not be posted (unless there is a catastophic bug or fatal issue) since that would keep our listening experience on the same playing field.

Cheers!
-HK sends

Er, if there are updates of course we would post them--we would like to have feedback on updated firmware to see if it fixes known issues and see if new issues crop up. As long as reviews indicate the version of firmware used it should be ok redface.gif
post #238 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


Er, if there are updates of course we would post them--we would like to have feedback on updated firmware to see if it fixes known issues and see if new issues crop up. As long as reviews indicate the version of firmware used it should be ok redface.gif

i think some of the reviewer is afraid of the fw upgrade also make the SQ change. this happen to DX50 where all different fw also change the SQ. if 1st reviewer review is base on 1.5...later 2nd reviewer updated to fw 2.0 and the SQ has changed...

 

and Joe, have you see my PM on the SEA review?


Edited by doki81 - 1/8/14 at 10:59pm
post #239 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


I don't think those exist. If they did in any real capacity, panda would be all over that already.

 

 

 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post
 

No, I know what I said:)

 

Yes, you should stop it. That is inappropriate and unrelated to this thread. Take that over to the NSFW threads. ;)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post
 

 

Aww, I know...But one can always imagine what it would be like over there. :normal_smile :

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


Imagine? I don't know, I don't think I have to do much imagining considering I'm in one smily_headphones1.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


wink.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post
 

 

Give us the link please :wink_face:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

:deadhorse:

It's not hard to find :D

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post
 

Got the title? :D

 

 

Hmm I stopped with one yet mr Bleu... you seem to have deRailed this thread more so than I :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


Er, if there are updates of course we would post them--we would like to have feedback on updated firmware to see if it fixes known issues and see if new issues crop up. As long as reviews indicate the version of firmware used it should be ok redface.gif

Yea... Firmware Updates... ugh sound nightmareish... it would be nice to have them out side of Face Book? As I don't use Face Book... I mean I suppose I could

 

Non the less, I agree if the FirmWare alter the SQ... it would make the review a little more complicated, but I'm starting to view this more as a DeBuggin tour than any so, if they pop up, we ought to do out best to test them ;3

post #240 of 1895
Thread Starter 
I told some groups that the X5s should be shipped out yesterday or the day before... They are putting the finishing touches on a new firmware revision that they want to put in the tour X5s before the start of the tour. So the shipping date remains "within this week" as in the thread title.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123