Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123 - Page 106

post #1576 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

To me yes. You bypass the X5's internal amp with the line-out connection, and all of my amps sound more transparent to me, including the E12 despite my problems with it (at least it removed the fatiguing quality of the X5's amp in exchange for a brighter but not-as-fatiguing sound signature).
I see. I'll look into demoing a unit first. Thanks. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1577 of 1895

Hi, guys.  I'm planning to buy a DAC to connect my PC to powered speakers.  I'm considering either the HRT Microstreamer or the Audioengine D3.  As a DAC how does the Fiio X5 compare to those two?

post #1578 of 1895

 

It's out.

 

The 3 part series review of the FiiO X5. 

post #1579 of 1895

Some sneak peeks of my review (nope, no photoshop needed for all my shots):

 

And another shot cos' someone suggested that aside from taking pictures of the X5, we should take pictures with the X5 too! :D

 

post #1580 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post
 

Some sneak peeks of my review (nope, no photoshop needed for all my shots):

 

 

And another shot cos' someone suggested that aside from taking pictures of the X5, we should take pictures with the X5 too! :D

 

How to take photo of X5

 

Use Hero Pose B for maximum X5 awesome-ness

post #1581 of 1895
Thread Starter 
Hi guys, I've got a new firmware for you guys to try out smily_headphones1.gif
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xat0ab1m1mccsp/FW1.15Beta.zip

Things changed since 1.11 include
1. Fixed media library update (including hangups during update and failure to show new songs after update)
2. Songs sorted by albums after choosing an artist in Play by Category

However, please note that owing to limitation in internal memory, number of songs that can be loaded in the media library is limited to around 7000.

Please note that the lockscreen prompt (that many people wish to remove from FW1.1) is still there in this version of firmware but will be removed in the version to go with the international release of the X5.
post #1582 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

Hi guys, I've got a new firmware for you guys to try out smily_headphones1.gif
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xat0ab1m1mccsp/FW1.15Beta.zip

Things changed since 1.11 include
1. Fixed media library update (including hangups during update and failure to show new songs after update)
2. Songs sorted by albums after choosing an artist in Play by Category

However, please note that owing to limitation in internal memory, number of songs that can be loaded in the media library is limited to around 7000.

Please note that the lockscreen prompt (that many people wish to remove from FW1.1) is still there in this version of firmware but will be removed in the version to go with the international release of the X5.

Thanks Mr. Bloggs.

 

You're my hero. :D

post #1583 of 1895

Joe,

 

FW 1.15 Beta  downloaded, locked and loaded.

 

Supa quick update of library with 4692 songs on two 64Gb cards.

 

Many thanks.

post #1584 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

...
However, please note that owing to limitation in internal memory, number of songs that can be loaded in the media library is limited to around 7000.
...

Is that a permanent limitation? I would have thought that with two 128GB cards in you could exceed this limit, even in lossless formats (correct me if I'm wrong).

post #1585 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw321 View Post
 

Is that a permanent limitation? I would have thought that with two 128GB cards in you could exceed this limit, even in lossless formats (correct me if I'm wrong).

 

not , the maximum quantity of the sound track base is about 7,000-8,000, so it should have not problem. BTW, we tested XX100 and it can supports up to 3,500

post #1586 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
 

Joe,

 

FW 1.15 Beta  downloaded, locked and loaded.

 

Supa quick update of library with 4692 songs on two 64Gb cards.

 

Many thanks.

 

:beerchug:

post #1587 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

not , the maximum quantity of the sound track base is about 7,000-8,000, so it should have not problem. BTW, we tested XX100 and it can supports up to 3,500

I'm probably making a mistake, but by my reckoning 256GB is about 10,000 CD quality FLACs - I just took a quick look at a few samples and they seem to average about 25MB per track.

post #1588 of 1895

Gotta love Fiio's responsiveness.:smile:.

post #1589 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw321 View Post
 

I'm probably making a mistake, but by my reckoning 256GB is about 10,000 CD quality FLACs - I just took a quick look at a few samples and they seem to average about 25MB per track.

 

you are right , it is about 25MB per sound track, but you can still use folder play to play the music.  sorry the build in RAM is limited so it is not unlimited .

post #1590 of 1895

I am so tired of my iPod Touch and my old Sony...B and H cannot get these in stock and start shipping preorders soon enough :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123