Recent Images In This Thread
- productFiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
Related Forum Threads
- Good Portable DAP for use with M4U1 Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Astell kern ak120 help or advice needed Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on portable player Last post on 2/2/15 at 10:05pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need some expert help upgrading cans.. Last post on 2/3/15 at 2:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DAP setup best matched with M50 Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123 - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How about a complimentary final-production X5 to each of the previewers?
Seems like a good idea until everyone starts buffing reviews, and we are left with a schiit ton of convulted reviews.
I can just imagine the buyer going online looking for reviews and thinking to himself
The prize is being able to test out a product that could very well be close to the production and give your input to the manufacturer. There are very few companies that allow their target audience to do such a thing :p That would be enough for me at least.
I know that is reward in and of itself and I feel honored for the chance...but it never hurts to imagine...
Well good news guys, I own a HM 801 so... I intended to bring some brutal honesty to the X5. So no buffed reviews here :D
Also congrats to the previewers from the other regions!
Still It would be nice for Fiio to offer us a very small discount... as I assume not only are we previewing but also acting as the final batch of Testers. I intended to keep track of what ever little bugs I run into. Might throw them in a spoiler tag, here on head fi. And refer ppl to said spoiler if they are interested. Here's to hoping it performs without any glitches at all :D, although... I will admit I might be tempted to get one... the Hm801 UI is horrible... might be nice to have something more friendly for once xD
Seriously, I would rather just show my support for fine businesses like FiiO, iBasso, Schiit, Audeze, etc. by providing honest feedback and helping them improve. I don't need a discount unless it were offered to a large group of folks like a Head-Fi group sale or something like that.
Edited by HK_sends - 1/3/14 at 8:12pm
*shrugs* As mentioned by another user in another X5 thread... Nothing ventured, nothing gained
- FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Where to Find Legal Lossless Downloads 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 6 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225e owner: Sr325e vs PS500e vs RS2e - which way to upgrade? 6 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 8 minutes ago
- › Why are HD700's ~$500 8 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3