- 14,702 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: The display in which you are reading this text
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
Related Forum Threads
- Good Portable DAP for use with M4U1 Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Astell kern ak120 help or advice needed Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on portable player Last post on 2/2/15 at 10:05pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need some expert help upgrading cans.. Last post on 2/3/15 at 2:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DAP setup best matched with M50 Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Creative for sending out a Roar 2 unit to me. I’m quite surprised myself that prior to this, I had never heard a Creative product before, despite...
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123 - Page 71
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Aha, I figured out why my media library was getting stuck. Either the file name was too long, or the number of characters for the path name was too long:
SD:\Asian\Chinese\Yuja Wang\Yuja Wang- Rachmaninov\29 Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No. 2 in C minor, Op.18 - III - Allegro scherzando - Moderato - Allegro scherzando - Presto - Moderato - Allegro scherzando - Alla breve Agitato - Presto - Maestoso - Risoluto
211 characters with spaces for the file name
254 characters with spaces for the path name
Why is that file name so long? I think I copied-pasted the same thing when filling out the tags. >.>
Edited by miceblue - 2/12/14 at 1:05am
I'd say the X5 is really good but the DACport LX still has the edge. Not even the DX100 was comparable to the LX.
Yeah it has a very smooth sound without being over the top.
I've got both headphones so I can try them with the X5 tonight. I've used the X5 with the ADs and I don't find them fatiguing - but I'm known to have preferences to brighter signatures. With the M-100, I'd be surprised and I know your M-100's a well and truly bedded in (unless you got a new pair).
Don't wanna go too OT here but Lee, your DX100 was with an old firmware when you did that comparison wasn't it? It seems "these days" firmwares in DAPs play a big part in SQ, rather than just h/w and featured components themselves.
Not with me and the DX50. I hammered that sucker home. They finally got it right with 1.2.7 but by then I had the X5 so it doesn't really matter.
Thanks. I'm using mp3tag (sort on filename handy!) to weed out any tracks in my collection without a preceding number.
Those that are numbered: 8,9,10,11 - will they work correctly or must the be 08, 09, 10 11?
- FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 14 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 15 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 23 seconds ago
- › FS: LH Labs Pulse X Infinity + LPS + 2m Lightspeed 2G 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2