- 14,443 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: The display in which you are reading this text
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Playertagged by dbsaffor, 1/25/14
Related Forum Threads
- Good Portable DAP for use with M4U1 Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Astell kern ak120 help or advice needed Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Advice on portable player Last post on 2/2/15 at 10:05pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need some expert help upgrading cans.. Last post on 2/3/15 at 2:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DAP setup best matched with M50 Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123 - Page 71
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Aha, I figured out why my media library was getting stuck. Either the file name was too long, or the number of characters for the path name was too long:
SD:\Asian\Chinese\Yuja Wang\Yuja Wang- Rachmaninov\29 Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No. 2 in C minor, Op.18 - III - Allegro scherzando - Moderato - Allegro scherzando - Presto - Moderato - Allegro scherzando - Alla breve Agitato - Presto - Maestoso - Risoluto
211 characters with spaces for the file name
254 characters with spaces for the path name
Why is that file name so long? I think I copied-pasted the same thing when filling out the tags. >.>
Edited by miceblue - 2/12/14 at 1:05am
I'd say the X5 is really good but the DACport LX still has the edge. Not even the DX100 was comparable to the LX.
Yeah it has a very smooth sound without being over the top.
I've got both headphones so I can try them with the X5 tonight. I've used the X5 with the ADs and I don't find them fatiguing - but I'm known to have preferences to brighter signatures. With the M-100, I'd be surprised and I know your M-100's a well and truly bedded in (unless you got a new pair).
Don't wanna go too OT here but Lee, your DX100 was with an old firmware when you did that comparison wasn't it? It seems "these days" firmwares in DAPs play a big part in SQ, rather than just h/w and featured components themselves.
Not with me and the DX50. I hammered that sucker home. They finally got it right with 1.2.7 but by then I had the X5 so it doesn't really matter.
Thanks. I'm using mp3tag (sort on filename handy!) to weed out any tracks in my collection without a preceding number.
Those that are numbered: 8,9,10,11 - will they work correctly or must the be 08, 09, 10 11?
- FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Kennerton Magister - Like New with all packaging 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › DAC/Amp Recommendations 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 4 minutes ago
- › How to rid a new mic of the machine/component smell? 6 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)