Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123 - Page 8

post #106 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilosxdd View Post

frown.gif I'm always unlucky frown.gif

Give it some time and post more on the forum.  Also, you can start some impression threads of your own equipment.  That will help build credibility and a presence on the site.  Believe me, it took awhile for me to get to the point where someone would trust me with something like this.  BTW, did I mention that this is the first time I have ever been picked to preview a piece of Head-Fi gear? :wink_face:

 

Don't give up trying!:D

 

Cheers and Happy New Year!:beerchug:

-HK sends

post #107 of 1895

Thanks for picking me.  PM sent.

post #108 of 1895

Good to be on board for the Preview.  Thank you to Mr Joe !

post #109 of 1895

PM Sent ... looking forward to seeing and using the X5.

post #110 of 1895

PM sent. :)

post #111 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilosxdd View Post

frown.gif I'm always unlucky frown.gif

have faith in yourself man, i am always unlucky in "lucky draws", but for global review rounds i haven't missed out much, 3/4 hits,1 for shonyun, 1 for burson audio, 1 is now, not selected for the 2nd round burson audio round though, so keep on trying, punch through those email to companies, 1/10 might give you one to review

post #112 of 1895
PM sent... smily_headphones1.gif
post #113 of 1895
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilosxdd View Post

frown.gif I'm always unlucky frown.gif

Like others said, start posting reviews of stuff you already own or have tried, we like to get an idea of what we'll be getting out of sending you a unit for preview/review smily_headphones1.gif No, not everyone selected has posted reviews but it is an important criterion redface.gif
post #114 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post
 

Give it some time and post more on the forum.  Also, you can start some impression threads of your own equipment.  That will help build credibility and a presence on the site.  Believe me, it took awhile for me to get to the point where someone would trust me with something like this.  BTW, did I mention that this is the first time I have ever been picked to preview a piece of Head-Fi gear? :wink_face:

 

Don't give up trying!:D

 

Cheers and Happy New Year!:beerchug:

-HK sends

Yep, just post another 30,000 times and then the world of Head-Fi will be yours

 

MWAHAHAHAHAH

post #115 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Yep, just post another 30,000 times and then the world of Head-Fi will be yours

 

MWAHAHAHAHAH

 

LOL.

Your post count is just crazy!!

 

Anyway, can't wait to try this one out. I'm actually converting all of my CDs to FLAC ... ugh painful BUT all of these new players seem to shine with High-Res. Want to be ready when the X5 arrives. (yeah, I still had most of my collection in 320kbps mp3s... not bad in anyway but we'll see! ;)).

post #116 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Yep, just post another 30,000 times and then the world of Head-Fi will be yours

 

MWAHAHAHAHAH

If the site is still here in 15 years or so, I just might make it... :D

 

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends


Edited by HK_sends - 1/2/14 at 8:10pm
post #117 of 1895

@HK_sends 

 

How do you personally know if someone 'starts' trusting you?

 

I've had a plethora of people thank me for my reviews, but never have I noted a distinction from when I first started out to where I am now.

post #118 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

@HK_sends 

 

How do you personally know if someone 'starts' trusting you?

 

I've had a plethora of people thank me for my reviews, but never have I noted a distinction from when I first started out to where I am now.

I'm not really sure there was a specific moment.  It was more when people started asking my opinions about different Head-Fi subjects (like tube rolling in the Schiit Lyr) and actually following my suggestions.  I would say that's an indication of trust and credibility.  I am well aware I could undermine my reputation at any time so I try real hard to remind folks that the opinions and perspectives are mine and their mileage may vary.

 

I'm sure there are many folks on the forum that trust your opinions as well...

 

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends

post #119 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 
Yep, just post another 30,000 times and then the world of Head-Fi will be yours

MWAHAHAHAHAH

LOL.
Your post count is just crazy!!

Anyway, can't wait to try this one out. I'm actually converting all of my CDs to FLAC ... ugh painful BUT all of these new players seem to shine with High-Res. Want to be ready when the X5 arrives. (yeah, I still had most of my collection in 320kbps mp3s... not bad in anyway but we'll see! wink.gif).
What does CD ripping have to do with high-resolution audio which is typically 24/96+?
Unless you mean SACDs...which is a totally different thing.
post #120 of 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


What does CD ripping have to do with high-resolution audio which is typically 24/96+?
Unless you mean SACDs...which is a totally different thing.

 

Nothing. But these new players seem to be "finnicky" when creating their database library with a mix of MP3 files, WAVs and high-resolution FLACs, etc. At least the FiiO X3 does NOT create a library with all of my songs and I have to use an "incomplete" music collection on the microSD card. Same thing happened with the HiSound Studio V where I even went so far as to fix ALL of my tags... The AK100 MK2 doesn't seem to have this problem though... Anyway, I'm getting everything as FLACs and hope for the X5 to recognize everything without problems.

 

 

Aaaahhh I see what I wrote now! LOL Nevermind that! The reason for creating the files as FLAC is due to the above paragraph... (it's late here!)


Edited by gelocks - 1/2/14 at 9:42pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123