Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Open headphones under $250.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Open headphones under $250. - Page 2

Poll Results: beyerdynamic dt 990 pro VS AT-AD900x

 
  • 40% (2)
    beyerdynamic dt 990 pro
  • 60% (3)
    AT-AD900x
5 Total Votes  
post #16 of 20

hope you like the dt990 and make sure to report back, we wont mind your impressions ;)

post #17 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Oh yea you can fiddle with eq between 5-15k it'll take you about 10 mins to tone the eq down a smidge and if you looking for an amp in teh future the Schiit Vali does a nice job with the highs 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post
 

hope you like the dt990 and make sure to report back, we wont mind your impressions ;)

Ok, I just bought the DT990 pro yesterday for $136, which is a locally good deal and I didn't have to pay for shipping.

 

I'm gonna partner it with Schiit Vali Amp (TY for the recommendation Mshenay). The amp should be arriving soon, so I didn't test it yet with the headphones.

 

When I tested the headphones in the shop, they sounded extremely clear and had great audio. 

I came home then plugged it in to my iPod touch 2, and I could barley hear anything lol. So, I cranked up the volume to max, and they finally reached an adequate volume. But there was a seriously annoying background static that sounded horrible! Then I plugged it into my laptop and it sounded way better, but it still barley sounded like anything when I tested it in a DJ table in the store.

Every where I test it has a different sound lol.

I guess  I have to wait for the amp to arrive before I can review its quality.

 

Thank you all for the advice.

post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebrain1 View Post
 

 

 

Ok, I just bought the DT990 pro yesterday for $136, which is a locally good deal and I didn't have to pay for shipping.

 

I'm gonna partner it with Schiit Vali Amp (TY for the recommendation Mshenay). The amp should be arriving soon, so I didn't test it yet with the headphones.

 

When I tested the headphones in the shop, they sounded extremely clear and had great audio. 

I came home then plugged it in to my iPod touch 2, and I could barley hear anything lol. So, I cranked up the volume to max, and they finally reached an adequate volume. But there was a seriously annoying background static that sounded horrible! Then I plugged it into my laptop and it sounded way better, but it still barley sounded like anything when I tested it in a DJ table in the store.

Every where I test it has a different sound lol.

I guess  I have to wait for the amp to arrive before I can review its quality.

 

Thank you all for the advice.

 

 

yeah it sounds like you will like it once you have everything, cool bro. tell us how it pairs up with the vali when it comes 

post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post
 

 

 

yeah it sounds like you will like it once you have everything, cool bro. tell us how it pairs up with the vali when it comes 

It should be killer

post #20 of 20
Nice, you plan to get a DAC? I suggest a hifimediy USB sabre DAC, have heard those are good for the price. Is it 600 ohm model?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Open headphones under $250.