- 184 Posts. Joined 10/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/3/14
- brandDita Audiotagged by Currawong, 5/4/14
- productDITA Audio The Answertagged by Currawong, 5/4/14
- productDITA Audio The Answer (Truth Edition)tagged by Currawong, 5/4/14
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for IEM, similar to ATH-CK10 but not as bright Last post on 1/21/15 at 10:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dita Answer - for sale SOLD Last post on 11/13/14 at 8:21pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- IEM build quality concern Last post on 10/11/14 at 3:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Recommendation for AKG K701 Admirer. CK10? Last post on 5/4/14 at 10:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- can IEMs be durable? Last post on 12/9/13 at 12:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). - Page 66
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For those of you who may have come across the mini to mini interconnect and are looking for it, thanks! It will be available on our webstore in a few weeks time.
For those of you that have come across the Truth cable terminated with different plugs (Westone, MMCX style), I can assure you, those are beta models that were made for testing purposes. They are not final production versions and they are not for sale just yet. We have had so many requests to build these cables and honestly, we never set out to be a cable maker. There are many fine cable makers and suppliers in the market already. That's the reason why it's taking us so very long just to get these beta models out to people.
There are two things we consider very carefully when deciding if we should supply these cables;
1. The VDH cable we used is developed purely for our use with our driver in mind. We do not know if it will work well with other earphones. If it does, great. If not, users might be disappointed and that could lead them to think that our products aren't as good as they had believed.
2. One of the reasons why we did not make a removable cable in the very beginning was because we didn't think that adding another joint to the cable made any sense at all. Hard soldering or crimping even is the best joint in hifi cables. Due to the very small nature of earphones, crimping is just not practical. In addition, consistent plugging in and out of a cable at a very small junction makes for rapid and immature failure. That is the reason why we have resisted a removable cable. For us to make removable cables, we would have to beta test for failure and success rates as it is just impossible for us to test the cables and it's reliability over the myriad of world class earphones that are in the market.
The Truth cable may be available soon but that is all I can say because we are still testing it in real world circumstances. In addition to lab testing, we also believe strongly in real world testing. And that takes time. So for all of those that have been waiting for these, we thank you for your continued support.
My best to all,
I was never really a believer of cables, I heard small differences, but never believed that the differences could be big. This is going to sound cliched, but this changed when i tried the truth IC. To put it bluntly, it is the best interconnect I have ever heard.
The truth IC gives an audible improvement across the board, and is extremely detailed and neutral. The bass on the truth is very tight, and extends deeper than the other interconnects that I have heard. Trebles are very well extended, sparkly and airy. Soundstaging is the largestnof any cable I have heard too. Wide and deep and tall. Layering js also superb. Dynamics are brilliant too, it goes light and effortless when needed, and hits very hard when the song calls for it.
I hope the above description doesnt sound like mindless fanboying, because that is really the way i would describe it. That is not to say thay it is a perfect cable that would suit everyone. The mids of the truth, while very good, very present and detailed, are not presented in a forward manner, and this kight come across as being slightly recessed. It is however, not recessed, simply slightly less forward.
The treble may not be suitable for all too. While it is extremely detailed, airy and extended, some people might find it harsh and fatiguing. I personally find that this is only on poor equipment and material. Otherwise, it is brilliant sounding.
The truth might also lack some warmth for those who prefer a fuller, thicker sound. Its not thin, its very neutral, uncoloured. And technically very brilliant.
The truth IC is very good indeed and can take your setup to the next level. However, it may not be easy to pair. Pair it well though, and it makes for an excellent setup.
I am sorry but Lightning for all it's merits is very difficult to work with reliably. In addition, Apple has Protocols in place regarding the use of Lightning and the cable specifications must be in line with theirs. The reality is, there are going to be very few true Lightning MFI (made For Ipod) cables that will be made for audiophiles using audiophile grade cables.
- DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [CIEM] Can you guys help me narrow down my list? 22 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla 2 vs Bottlehead Crack+Speedball 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3