or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). - Page 35

post #511 of 1315
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post
 

 

HAHA yeah no kidding!

 

Looks like Carlsan may be a winner! Sale pending. 

 

EDIT: SOLD! fastest sale ever to Mr. Carlsan. I assume it's a human dude behind that name...

I expect a full comparison when you get the Truth in hand. :D

post #512 of 1315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamateur View Post
 

I expect a full comparison when you get the Truth in hand. :D

 

Then you'll have to convince Carlsan to delay my shipment and ask permission for me to use his Answer to do the comparison. I can rely on memory, but with the chameleon-like qualities of the earphones with settling and genres, if the difference is subtle, as reported, I won't be that accurate!

 

I don't think Carlsan will go for that : )

post #513 of 1315
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post
 

 

Then you'll have to convince Carlsan to delay my shipment and ask permission for me to use his Answer to do the comparison. I can rely on memory, but with the chameleon-like qualities of the earphones with settling and genres, if the difference is subtle, as reported, I won't be that accurate!

 

I don't think Carlsan will go for that : )

 

Edit for typo

Nooo! Definitely don't delay shipment to Carlsan... everyone deserves to get a taste of these IEMs at some point. Was more interested in comparing the treble to some of the other IEMs you listed before.

post #514 of 1315

The frustrating thing is that if the Answers are anything like my Pistons in terms of burn in, I'll have my new IEMs in hand but know that I'm yet to hear them at their best for quite some time.

 

It's like a kid being given a handful of candy but told he can't eat them right now.

 

Maybe I'll just put them on pink noise for a week and then start to use them - that's 150+hrs right there.

post #515 of 1315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamateur View Post
 

Nooo! Definitely don't delay shipment to Carlsan... everyone deserves to get a taste of these IEMs at some point. Was more interested in comparing the treble to some of the other IEMs you listed before.

 

You got it!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winno View Post
 

The frustrating thing is that if the Answers are anything like my Pistons in terms of burn in, I'll have my new IEMs in hand but know that I'm yet to hear them at their best for quite some time.

 

It's like a kid being given a handful of candy but told he can't eat them right now.

 

Maybe I'll just put them on pink noise for a week and then start to use them - that's 150+hrs right there.

 

I tell you what, I've come to appreciate the change in the earphone as it burns in. And I feel like it makes you more knowledgable about it in the end. They will still sound good out of the box, so don't rush burn in. Do a few hours here and there and enjoy the beauty of watching them blossom. You'll get so much more both in your journey, and in the end! 

 

:beerchug:

post #516 of 1315
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post
 

 

Then you'll have to convince Carlsan to delay my shipment and ask permission for me to use his Answer to do the comparison. I can rely on memory, but with the chameleon-like qualities of the earphones with settling and genres, if the difference is subtle, as reported, I won't be that accurate!

 

I don't think Carlsan will go for that : )

 

No I don't think he would, LOL!

 

Of course, I have my own iem's to compare, looking forward to it. 

post #517 of 1315

I would want them right away too! I get way too excited. Much too impatient, as you ca tell! :)

post #518 of 1315
Man O Man, I'm getting a case of DITA fever! I might need to call in doctor bank acct and purchase me the antidote!
post #519 of 1315

I edited my mini review for clarity, and look forward to adding The Truth edition to it soon : )

post #520 of 1315

Anyone using the AK120 with the Dita? About to pull the trigger on one with the hope that there will be a better synergy with my Truth Edition.

 

From what I've gathered from the various threads on here, it's more of a "neutral" sound than the AK100 Mk2/RWAK100, but as long as it's not as bright as my ZX1, I think I'll be happy.

post #521 of 1315
Soundfreaq did. Well with the Answer anyhow. Said the Chord Hugo was far better for the money if you could deal with a transportable setup (the Hugo is pretty small actually)
post #522 of 1315

Thanks! Yeah, trying to stay away from spending as much as a Hugo would require, and also want an "all-in-one" device as I travel a lot. 

post #523 of 1315
O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamateur View Post

Thanks! Yeah, trying to stay away from spending as much as a Hugo would require, and also want an "all-in-one" device as I travel a lot. 

Oh whoops! Thought you wrote AK240, just scanned your post haha. I thought someone said the DITA paired well with the DX90. Was it Anakchan? Not sure though.
Edited by Idsynchrono_24 - 5/23/14 at 7:03am
post #524 of 1315

Thanks for the advice. My main problem is the idea of going from the ZX1's wonderful Android OS to something proprietary is not a great one. I've been following the DX90 threads for a few months and the experiences of the early adopters with buggy UI and the strict tagging requirements sounds awful. The AK120 sounds relatively user-friendly with more mature soft/firmware, plus the battery life sounds like it'll be enough to keep me happy. Also, that build quality and design looks to be on par with the Sony. Just wondering if there are any big SQ-related reason to stay away from pairing this with the Dita Truth Edition.

post #525 of 1315
AK120 is not worth the money they at asking for, you wouldn't realise it at start but with time you will.
Considering sound I say Paying a grand more for HUGO is a much more wiser spending than AK120 which offers at best a good sound with buggy UI.

Hugo is not a dap nor it's perfect, it major strength which is uber detailed sound can be its weakness, how so? Well if your iem is not capable enough to portray the detail you will hear a very confused and congested sound from them (ie800).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).