Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › KEF M500 versus Martin Logan Mikros 90
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

KEF M500 versus Martin Logan Mikros 90 - Page 3

post #31 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

Get Pataburd to mail one to u... :P  
he is the Mikros Ambassador! 
Hah! He surely deserves a laser autograph signed Mikros circumaural if one ever comes out basshead.gif
post #32 of 47

Honestly... I hope these are as good as you say they are. This... comparision is much like what we said about the Kef M500 when it was released, it's GOOD, DEEPER CLEANER YEA YEA YEA

 

So let's hope in 4 months I don't see the Mikros 90 Ref Vs NEW EXICTING HEADPHONE NUMBER 2 

post #33 of 47

 

This conductor in my Ipadroadwarrior...sounded confuseddiffused when i had the Kef on my head..

until then i was tapping my foot to pops n jazzzes in a big soundscape on the KEF.

 

But with the Mikros, Ozawa was oozing microdetails in the quiet passages,

n good coherence when he gets more excited.

So i am happy with him being happy.

 

I can see alot of people enjoying KEF, really. 

I just needed that little bit more...via the Mikros.

post #34 of 47

Just wondering if someone ever compared logan and Amperior. From the head-fi review, seems like Amperior better. Perhaps lack of bass?

post #35 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post
 

Just wondering if someone ever compared logan and Amperior. From the head-fi review, seems like Amperior better. Perhaps lack of bass?

doctorjazz started a thread which included comparison between the Amperior and the Mikros 90.  He prefers the more "fun" signature of the Amperior.  [Edit: I see you have already been there.]

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694010/comparison-of-sennheiser-amperior-beyerdynamic-dt-1350-martin-logan-micros-90-and-yamaha-hph-200-or-how-i-spent-my-winter-vacation/30#post_10362582

 

There are others on the Mikros 90 thread who prefer the stock MLs to the Amperior.  PredatorZ just modded his Mikros 90, and they have just supplanted his Amperior.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/3780#post_10361038

 

You might want to float an inquiry to PredatorZ on the Mikros 90 thread. 


Edited by pataburd - 3/14/14 at 7:24pm
post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

doctorjazz started a thread which included comparison between the Amperior and the Mikros 90.  He prefers the more "fun" signature of the Amperior.  [Edit: I see you have already been there.]

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694010/comparison-of-sennheiser-amperior-beyerdynamic-dt-1350-martin-logan-micros-90-and-yamaha-hph-200-or-how-i-spent-my-winter-vacation/30#post_10362582

 

There are others on the Mikros 90 thread who prefer the stock MLs to the Amperior.  PredatorZ just modded his Mikros 90, and they have just supplanted his Amperior.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/3780#post_10361038

 

You might want to float an inquiry to PredatorZ on the Mikros 90 thread. 


Thank you... But I think will stay with Amperior unless I can get my self full size portable headphone which is better or on par with Amperior. ATH ESW9A currently freaking cheap at cowboom.com but hell, my local proxy agent only get from Amazon, Newegg and ebay.

post #37 of 47

After comparing them on my own, I still prefer kef m500. I am so sensitive to harshness that I prefer the vocals from kef.  And more importantly, listening to EDM on kef gets the "drop" you don't get from MLs. But I do wish that kef could have MLs' 3D space feel and separation. It is sometimes hard to enjoy the vocal from kef because they lacks body and blend in with the music.  

post #38 of 47

I saw this thread. I visited Amazon. Saw the price. I have a pair on order. I can hardly wait. :L3000:

post #39 of 47

I just received a pair of KEF M500 to compare to my Mikros 90.  I really like the M500.  A beautiful midrange as has been stated already and  a bit more kick to the mid bass.  The Mikros 90 however is still the champion however especially when amped.  It just sounds so completely truthful with a great soundstage the KEF cannot match.  I will keep the M500 for portable use as I think it edges out the Mikros it that regard.  The Mikros is very finicky on how it is worn to get the right sound and it doesn't sound it's best straight out of my phone.  I also like the M500's appearance and fit better.  

post #40 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.khali View Post
 

I just received a pair of KEF M500 to compare to my Mikros 90.  I really like the M500.  A beautiful midrange as has been stated already and  a bit more kick to the mid bass.  The Mikros 90 however is still the champion however especially when amped.  It just sounds so completely truthful with a great soundstage the KEF cannot match.  I will keep the M500 for portable use as I think it edges out the Mikros it that regard.  The Mikros is very finicky on how it is worn to get the right sound and it doesn't sound it's best straight out of my phone.  I also like the M500's appearance and fit better.  

 

Good stuff! I love both my 90's and M500's SQ equally. But because the M500's are so much more comfy, I must confess that they get more head time from me.

post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Good stuff! I love both my 90's and M500's SQ equally. But because the M500's are so much more comfy, I must confess that they get more head time from me.

 

I totally understand that.  M500's are sounding fantastic today.  I wonder if with more burn in the glare in the treble will smooth out a bit?  Time will tell I suppose. If that goes away these will be on par to the Mikros.  Different but equal.

post #42 of 47

The M500 is so underrated. I really cannot understand how the hype for this headphone seemed to have disappeared overnight, with them going for as low as 150$ (!) on the marketplace here. 

 

I agree that these are not worth 300 but at at around the 200$ mark they're pretty fantastic. I do wish they were less "Macbook-like" in appearance but other than that? Judging by how these keep exchanging hands in the marketplace and how nobody ever talks about them, it's clear many owners of these seems to passionately dislike them, and I really don't get it.


Edited by Pickaxe - 7/27/14 at 2:01pm
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickaxe View Post
 

The M500 is so underrated. I really cannot understand how the hype for this headphone seemed to have disappeared overnight, with them going for as low as 150$ (!) on the marketplace here. 

 

I agree that these are not worth 300 but at at around the 200$ mark they're pretty fantastic. I do wish they were less "Macbook-like" in appearance but other than that? Judging by how these keep exchanging hands in the marketplace and how nobody ever talks about them, it's clear many owners of these seems to passionately dislike them, and I really don't get it.


Where did you found $150?

post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post
 


Where did you found $150?


Here's one, and I believe I saw an even lower price last time I looked:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/728164/kef-m500

168$ (first owner) + free shipping. Furthermore, if you follow these classifieds a bit you'll see that they're even at those price points they're not finding it easy to find a buyer :eek:

post #45 of 47

This should be moved to the portable headphones thread if any moderators are paying attention.  It is an older thread but still very valuable to the community.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › KEF M500 versus Martin Logan Mikros 90